Your Cricket Should i get a mongoose?

Little Punter

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was wondering what the new mongoose mmi3 was like and whether to get one as my spare bat?

No. Play proper cricket, you can still play the big shots with a regular bat but you can't necessarily play 'proper' strokes with a mongoose.

He did say as a back up bat, if he never said as a full bat. If you have the income to do it why not, but you dont wanna buy a good one and then not really use it.

why is everyone so against it for?

Its just not cricket, plus what if you against the short pitched ball with it.

That bat is a joke imo, its sole purpose is for slog shots, its designed to play agricultural heaves and not proper cricket shots.

i will only get a junior bat cause im 14 so i will try it out and if i like like i mioght get a proper one

I think if you're 14 its even worse to get a bat like that. You should be focusing on technique and footwork, not muscling the ball out of the ground.

I am working on my technique and footwork. But i want a bat for if i am facing crap bowling i can call for it and hit it 20% harder

I say you should not buy any Mongoose type bats 'cause they just make you play only slogging from of cricket, which may refrain you from your squad for longer version of matches. The longest six is yet with the normal bat, so Both Slogging and Defense are possible with the normal one!

And the main drawback is if you get addict to that bat's weight, you just can switch over to normal bat whenever you want (especially when the match is going on)!

If this bat was that good then Hayden would not have used it sparingly. Take everyone advice ant stick to proper cricket bat.

At young age it is better to get the technique right by having proper equipment.

I have one. I got a duck with it. I smashed it up. Upon review, I should have started the post with 'had' rather than 'have'.

Users who are viewing this thread