IPL Am i the only one getting bored already ?

jitenpatel

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello Everyone, this is my first post in planetcricket.

i have been following the IPL from day one. its only been 8 days and am getting bored already. and still theres more than a month to go!!!!!!

theres only so much of 6s and 4s one can watch. i know cricket is a batsman's game and all but come on....this is just unfair on the bowlers.
bowling every ball with the fear of getting blasted is not a very encouraging sign for any bowler.

not to mention the over commercialization of the sport ! Cringeworthy moments in the IPL are:

DLF Maximum
Citi Moment of Success
Ads covering the TV screen more than the game.
Mongoose Bat (seriously...how did they even allow it??)

its getting so monotonous that i wouldnt care even if someone hit six sixes in six balls.why have bowlers in the first place....we can have those bowling machines doing all the work.

T20 is really an overkill. as if the international T20s arent enough, we have a 2 month IPL as well.

i know you'll say...if you dont like dont watch it. Fine! agreed! but you also have to agree that its changing the overall perception of the game. its KILLING the game and as a cricket lover and a purist..i just cant come to terms with the T20 overtaking the other two formats.

your comments please...

D

Dutch

Welcome. Nah, I am completely with you my firend. This is overkill and will have a negative effect on cricket as a whole me thinks. Tabloid gutter principals at their worst. (Probably get a neg rep for that but who cares.)

Params7

International Cricketer
Well if Test cricket saw full stadiums like IPL you wouldn't be seeing 2 months of IPL =\

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
This guy for mod :p
Been a member for 5 mins and posts better than anything you'll get out of Baker :p
No offence Tom

Robelinda

International Coach
Dunno. I spent 7 hours yesterday watching a riveting day of test cricket, NZ v Aus day 1, then later spent 1 hour watching Hayden destroy dodgy IPL bowling. Its all good. Wouldnt want to watch 7 hours of IPL, you gotta balance it all out.

srikarr12

Club Cricketer
i know you'll say...if you dont like dont watch it. Fine! agreed! but you also have to agree that its changing the overall perception of the game. its KILLING the game and as a cricket lover and a purist..i just cant come to terms with the T20 overtaking the other two formats.

your comments please...

Things change in life and you gotta accept it. IF you want to stay in your little corner praying for everything to be the way it was then gluck.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Nah, I've quite enjoyed the IPL so far. There are just some boring teams like Deccan Chargers, Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals. I think they make the they are the ones that make it drag on. As for the ads, well, while that is annoying, the IPL wouldn't survive without all those ads. It's a massive source of revenue.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I haven't even got into this season, nothing really is interesting me and the timing is crap for me. Maybe if the timing was better I would catch Hayden, Warne and Gilly play.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
I just check the youtube once in a while. And check cricinfo. If it looks like it was a close game, then i go watch it on youtube. :D

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
I actually quite like the IPL. It lets me see those players who have already retired from international cricket eg. Gilchrist, Warne. But those gimmicks are pretty annoying. It's all about money these days. The IPL wasn't made just as a cricket tournament. It's a money machine.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
If I'm not working in the morning I can catch a match or two. From the ones I have seen its been disappointing. No entertainment in a format thats "all about entertainment" and the standard of cricket hasn't been the greatest and the fielding allot of the time is awful.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I'm sorry, but I find the dancing cheerleaders utterly ridiculous. It's just embarrassing being there in a cricket game. In fact, I would say it demeans and cheapens cricket.

And the way they dance too - it's like several donkeys having an epileptic fit.

P

pcfan123

Also I find it hilarious that the cheerleaders for the "Indian" premier league are all white.

age of the fall

International Cricketer
I have the feeling I'm going to like this member. Haha. I do agree with him, IPL really isn't that interesting to me tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread