Shout Box and messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop it now you two. This is not what this thread is for. If you continue this argument,this thread may get closed by a staff member,seeing the suggestion has been taken.

usy said:
ye Sid, your right, He was joking and saying I was wrong, sorry blackleopard92 but you don't make sense to me. And many of us do use the chatroom, It's that you never see us.
Naa I was just pointing at the technical aspect of it, a question which has been answered by Ste and Colin already.

FreddieFan said:
I quite like the idae, and as they fulfill different purposes the fact we have a chatroom doesn't really matter. You could use the shoutbox, for example, to say "Cheack my new blog entry" or something, and it would reach everone who is active on the site - far outnumbering people using the chat or superthread at any one time.

that it!!!
Amazed at that piece of text!! :cheers :love :p

And also members I would like to add more.
Looking back at the 'debate', it seems like that those who have used it on some forums like it, and those who haven't, have resonable reservations.

I would suggest that members, try going to different portals which have that facility and use it.you will find that after sometime , it becomes indespensable.

remember, there are lot of things that sorround you that were thought to be foolish idea(mouse, scroll wheel, dual monitor and hunderd more) but have become indespensible.

I am not saying that the above mentinoed features are any world changing, the just are an addon.much like those patches we make for games.

Ste said:
A shoutbox could be added but I dont see where would be a good place for it.
The ideal place would be on top of the forum index and just below the navigation menu. And on the home page it could be just below the left side navigation menu.

FreddieFan said:
You could use the shoutbox, for example, to say "Cheack my new blog entry" or something, and it would annoy everone who is active on the site - far outnumbering people using the chat or superthread at any one time.
Fixed!

EDIT: To clarify, I don't want to have to be scrolling past 37000 copies of "hay guyz visit my 4rumz at invisionfree.com/copyofplanetcricket" every time I visit a page, and that's all it will be.

I don't think we need these new features, I'm pretty happy with what I have at PlanetCricket at the moment. :)

it was a good suggestion imo...
we can have the shoutbox,
regarding the messenger, what guarantee do u have that ppl will use it, if they arn't using the chatroom...

You have to give things a chance luke, some belief in yourself,and the force will guide u to sucess:p

May the force be with u, abhas, did u have a 'abhas' of it ?
(abhas =hindi of sixth sense):p

Abhas said:
lol...didnt know u knew that... :p

I had hindi class A for studying, hence I can generally tell you meanings about all those high profile words used in names by people.

Thread is going haywire so it's time for a closure. The PlanetCricket Chatroom or the Superthread should suffice for a place of conversation.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread