Team Thread Slipperpool - Showing great character

Which is the most controversial team?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Dillinger douses the Dragon's fire.

NINE DRAGONS 344/10 (Aijaz 48-40) and 285/4 Declared (Dillinger 18-3). SLIPPERPOOL 267/10 (Punani 48) and 351/7 (Raj 85, Chandrasekaran 67)

A solid second innings batting performance from Slipperpool sealed an unlikely victory for the home team in their first PCPL warm up match. Having been set an intimidating 363 run target to win, it wasn't long before the first wicket fell when Punani was bowled for just 4 runs by Winch. However Slipperpool dug in with Raj and Jennings putting on a fifty partnership before Jennings was out LBW.

Raj was then joined by Dumbledore for a partnership of contrasting styles. While Raj was watchful, Dumbledore smashed thirteen 4's for a total of 59 from just 58 deliveries before edging one to Mckenzie putting an end to their impressive 110 partnership. Chandrasekaran was next in and after the wickets of Raj, Stokes and Mignolet fell, the pressure was on Slipperpool with their tail exposed.

In came Dillinger who after a poor first innings with the ball, had shown what Slipperpool can expect from him with two fiery spells in the second which saw him take 3 wickets for a miserly 18 runs from 11 overs. This renewed confidence seeped into his batting and two 50 run stands with both Chandrasekaran and Loco Palermo finished with him hitting the winning runs for a memorable victory and a very respectable 40 not out.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hopefully our main men can find some form at the start, aslong as we have 1 guy scoring 80+ and 1 guy taking 3+ wickets we should be ok, looking at you @cooks1st100
All hail Markkkkk Paul the Octopus

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dillinger douses the Dragon's fire.

NINE DRAGONS 344/10 (Aijaz 48-40) and 285/4 Declared (Dillinger 18-3). SLIPPERPOOL 267/10 (Punani 48) and 351/7 (Raj 85, Chandrasekaran 67)

A solid second innings batting performance from Slipperpool sealed an unlikely victory for the home team in their first PCPL warm up match. Having been set an intimidating 363 run target to win, it wasn't long before the first wicket fell when Punani was bowled for just 4 runs by Winch. However Slipperpool dug in with Raj and Jennings putting on a fifty partnership before Jennings was out LBW.

Raj was then joined by Dumbledore for a partnership of contrasting styles. While Raj was watchful, Dumbledore smashed thirteen 4's for a total of 59 from just 58 deliveries before edging one to Mckenzie putting an end to their impressive 110 partnership. Chandrasekaran was next in and after the wickets of Raj, Stokes and Mignolet fell, the pressure was on Slipperpool with their tail exposed.

In came Dillinger who after a poor first innings with the ball, had shown what Slipperpool can expect from him with two fiery spells in the second which saw him take 3 wickets for a miserly 18 runs from 11 overs. This renewed confidence seeped into his batting and two 50 run stands with both Chandrasekaran and Loco Palermo finished with him hitting the winning runs for a memorable victory and a very respectable 40 not out.

actually i'll think you find that you drew that game after the umpires stopped play when you were twelve away from the win

i'm also pleased to announce that the steve bucknor trust received a large donation yesterday from an anonymous donor

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Ahh bollocks, so we did. This is what happens when doing two things at once with my mind not fully on either!! Oh well, it's tabloid journalism, they're known for bending the truth a little!! LOL

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
1 (-)Dick Punani :wk:
1(-)Yash Raj
1(2)Steve Tikolo:bwl:
1(2)Mark Jennings:bwl:
1(-)Simon Mignolet
1(1)Steven Stokes :c::bwl:
2(-)Hutch Lion Dumbledore
2(3)Anirudh Chandrasekaran
2(1)Bobby Dillinger :bwl:
2(1)Trent Johnston:bwl:
3(1)Ali Ajaz :bwl:

This is what I consider our strongest and most balanced line-up. What I have done is give everybody a grade from 1-3 for batting and for bowling. This grade has been based on the player's role and the pool they were purchased from, as well as taking in account training upgrades. The first digit is for batting while the bracketed one is the bowling rating.

Reserves:
2(3)Aoun Muhammad
3(2)Kumar Kushari
2(2)Loco Palermo

A couple of points: Hutch gets in ahead of Loco due to him being a pure batsman so in theory he should have a slightly higher batting rating and as we have a plethora of bowlers I feel would be of more benefit. Same goes with Anirudh being a batting all-rounder but he is in there purely as a batsman.

Dillinger moves ahead of Johnston due to him proving his worth with the bat and the fact that Johnston wouldn't be able to bowl too well if he was to have a misfortunate accident!!

Set up like this gives us 4 seamers and 2 spinners. Should we feel that an extra seamer is required then Loco can come in for Hutch with Tikolo just in as a batsman.

For the one-day formats we should only nominate 5 bowlers rather than 6.

What do my fellow Slippers think?

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I'd suggest bringing in Loco in for Hutch as an extra bowling option. Since we've given Anirudh some training, he'll probably be equally good as Hutch. Same for Loco, since we've given him training, he'll be as good as a pure bowler.

Otherwise we're just stuck with three recognized bowlers - Johnston, Bobby and Ali. My experience with Cricsim says that's not really going to work out that well. We can give it a try in the warm-ups though, after all that's what they're for.

Spitfires as a genuine all-rounder is a recognised bowler. Then we have Tikolo and Chiefsledger filling the other 2 spots, any more than 6 bowlers is overkill and will take overs away from the dangermen. As Loco and Anirudh have only had 1 session of basic training I don't see them outweighing either of those 2 in the bowling department as they are both poolA+ players. We should definitely play a first class friendly and see how it goes.

If you and Spitfires don't mind I'll post up line-ups for a FC and 50 over match later against a couple of the non-competing teams to see how things go.

Last edited:

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
It's not up to me, Spitfires is the captain. I'm just the Ed Woodward.

And, we can control who will bowl in a specific match so technically we can have 11 bowlers and make just 6 bowl,

That's my point though. we shouldn't be taking the place of batsmen with bowling all-rounders who aren't going to bowl. That will weaken our batting.

As for whether or not you can bowl with just five, teams do it in my test league which I'm quite positive is simmed on cricsim. It's got to be worth giving it a shot for a couple of friendlies, what have we got to lose?

Sorry if I seem demanding, I was purchased as "I had character" and this is the baggage that comes with it!:)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If you and Spitfires don't mind I'll post up line-ups for a FC and 50 over match later against a couple of the non-competing teams to see how things go.
Yeah i'm fine with this :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hmm...disappointing not to get over the line against the Monkeys.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Team Thread - The Hugging Muffins! Winning like a Winding! | Page 24 - PlanetCricket Premier League on PlanetCricket Forums

There it is.

If we're going to pick bowling all rounders, it'll only be to deepen our bowling attack, which will be quite shallow if we pick three bowlers/bowling all rounders. We don't need recognized batsmen till 8, we have bowling all rounders to bat from 8 to 10. Give your lineup a go, but I wouldn't expect it to help us in the long run.

fair enough I'll give it a go anyhow. I noticed that once again Dillinger only bowled 2 overs in the T20 despite only going for 5 an over. Fair to say that the sims being used are not that great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread