So.... just how do u bowl the AI out in a test match?

Strange. I never had a problem with getting AI out in test matches. It does require lot of concentration and planning but it is rewarding. Normally i get AI out within 200 to 250 odd runs. You have to create manual fields and then bowl according to them. Game rewards you if you apply cricket logic and try to set a batsman up. You have to use the new ball well. Dont spray it all over the place. If you want to get a lbw then set a trap, leave a gap open in offside and keep more fielders on leg side. Then bowl tight outswingers. AI may hit you for a four or two but that is the indication that your bait is working. Now is the time to bowl the inswinger on the off stump and hopefully AI would try cover drive again and you will get a LBW. Although a lot of time you will get wicket in the way you have not planned but that is how the game is. Like sometimes i try to bowl a inswinger and batsman is too early on the shot thus ball takes a outside edge towards keeper.

Seamers -- line and length on or outside off-stump with outswingers. The occasional straight or inswinging yorker on leg. Bowl one, at most two, variations per over and make sure they're perfect -- these will be the majority of your wicket-taking balls. Don't forget to bowl slower yorkers every now and then.

Spinners (more specifically off-spinners) -- these guys absolutely tear apart batting lineups. Square leg, square, mid wicket and mid on are MUSTS. Lots of off-breaks on off stump, then the occasional doosra or full length top spinner. If they're getting cocky, a drifter outside leg can tempt them to spoon it up to square or square leg, same with a full toss off-break. Your main wicket taking balls will be low full tosses or the full top spinner. Can be frustrating sometimes to go 10 overs without a wicket (block block block block etc.), but when they start falling, you can cause a massive collapse.

The most important part for both is being consistent with line for your stock ball and then making sure your variation is bang on point. Also, the more you dry up the runs and the more maidens bowled, the more likely they'll break out of their normal comfort zone and play a terrible shot.

Currently playing a career batsman (averaged 50 this year in List A -- was rather happy considering how terribly I did last year), but I've got a test-level fast swing bowler and a test-captain-level off-spinner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread