Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

So, who has the latest teams with lowered skills available for download? I reset the academy, so need to download all of them again. lol

Batting and bowling skill matchups Really make a diff .I have been trying Near equal skill points for bowler and batsman Starting From Mid point.Too high Bowling attributes makes the cpu play rash shots.Have 11 as the highest skill point for bowler and batsman and you can make the game more realistic.

Batting and bowling skill matchups Really make a diff .I have been trying Near equal skill points for bowler and batsman Starting From Mid point.Too high Bowling attributes makes the cpu play rash shots.Have 11 as the highest skill point for bowler and batsman and you can make the game more realistic.

This is great, although to mod a lot of teams for this would be a nightmare. If only there were a general multiplier we could pass over multiple teams.

Since the thread is now 50 pages long, can someone please summarize (would be really grateful) if the best settings for getting realistic gameplay and different modes of dismissals (edges to slips, keeper, lbw, bowled).

Guys, which teams are you currently using (only really need 2 teams now), that has reduced skills, and also from which user you downloaded them please?

Getting back into the game now, and have totally lost track of who's teams worked well, etc.

Would like to start a world cup later on with all reduced teams, but if I can have 2 teams for now, that will help greatly.

Thanks

Guys, which teams are you currently using (only really need 2 teams now), that has reduced skills, and also from which user you downloaded them please?

Getting back into the game now, and have totally lost track of who's teams worked well, etc.

Would like to start a world cup later on with all reduced teams, but if I can have 2 teams for now, that will help greatly.

Thanks

You know, I'm currently playing a competition with a mix of teams both reduced skills and "normal". And having done so, I'd say this experiment improves things a little (specifically batsmen lower ff and consistency) but actually the difference is relatively slight.

The ONLY way to get edges more than once in a blue moon is to play in cloudy conditions, and that is the one thing Big Ant gave us no control over, which is kind of why this experiment tailed off & went nowhere.

And the only way to get batsmen to bat reasonably is to bowl well.

You know, I'm currently playing a competition with a mix of teams both reduced skills and "normal". And having done so, I'd say this experiment improves things a little (specifically batsmen lower ff and consistency) but actually the difference is relatively slight.

The ONLY way to get edges more than once in a blue moon is to play in cloudy conditions, and that is the one thing Big Ant gave us no control over, which is kind of why this experiment tailed off & went nowhere.

And the only way to get batsmen to bat reasonably is to bowl well.
Indeed my best games have been in my custom world leagues with teams like Singapore and France battling it out in a 16 team four day league....

Indeed my best games have been in my custom world leagues with teams like Singapore and France battling it out in a 16 team four day league....

do you manage to play a whole 4 day game - no simming, batting & bowling?

i struggle with those, i find the bowling becomes a real chore.

my current preferred format is 40 4 ball overs, 2 innings each. (am thinking of pushing it to 50 overs, to allow for longer more patient batting). playing a 16 team knockout on that, and it's been great.

do you manage to play a whole 4 day game - no simming, batting & bowling?

i struggle with those, i find the bowling becomes a real chore.

my current preferred format is 40 4 ball overs, 2 innings each. (am thinking of pushing it to 50 overs, to allow for longer more patient batting). playing a 16 team knockout on that, and it's been great.
Yeah bowling I see as a containment battle which I enjoy: setting fields to contain runs rather than get wickets. Not quite how should be but within the limitations of the game the only option on not cloudy days!

Yeah bowling I see as a containment battle which I enjoy: setting fields to contain runs rather than get wickets. Not quite how should be but within the limitations of the game the only option on not cloudy days!

Aye, oddly though that's the bit I don't like, the feeling that I'm battling a game rather than playing cricket, if that makes sense.

Am 1 innings into my first QF having completed the first round matches in my tourney. It has been great fun, and the most consecutive games I've ever managed to play to the finish.

Had some great matches, and just some unbelievable moments. Kind of weird 2 years in I'm finally getting the best out of it!!

Playing the final innings of a test match, AI falling apart, after leading by 106 runs after both first innings. My second innings, I scored 600+ runs, to try and make them work for it, but I had to dig deep and play slowly. Still managed to give them 2 full days to chase.

I have had 6 wickets coming from edges so far in the match, and I'm seeing some awesome turn from the spinners. I have set the pitch to max worn and cracks before starting. Chance of rain, but zero clouds in the match so far. Still getting those edges though. Love being able to play towards point/deep point with a straight bat, instead of that awful back foot whatever it's called.lol

Finally finished with the test match. Beat the AI by 314 runs in the end, but they were batting badly in the second innings. All in all, a good match. Got 8 total wickets from edges. 4 in each innings of bowling. Very satisfying!

Playing the next match, one day, pitch selection crumbly soft, worn with heavy cracks. AI batted first, again, very please with their batting. They ended their overs at 308-8. I had about 5 edges again, but none for a wicket. All but 1 dropped short, the other was a missed catch. Again no clouds in the sky. Starting to think the pitch condition really do have an impact.lol

PS : I should probably mention that they were batting great, the top 3/4 batsmen had 100+ strike rate. and the bottom order didn't do much.

Last edited:
Playing the next match, one day, pitch selection crumbly soft, worn with heavy cracks. AI batted first, again, very please with their batting. They ended their overs at 308-8. I had about 5 edges again, but none for a wicket. All but 1 dropped short, the other was a missed catch. Again no clouds in the sky. Starting to think the pitch condition really do have an impact.lol

PS : I should probably mention that they were batting great, the top 3/4 batsmen had 100+ strike rate. and the bottom order didn't do much.

Can I ask what teams you are using?

Users who are viewing this thread