With over a week on the clock, the prevailing balance issues

Idk if stuff is recorded that way on file as I haven't checked but if I were to guess I'd say...

Bowled - 25%
LBW - 25%
Caught behind, keeper & slips - 20%
Caught elsewhere - 15%
Stumped - N/A
Run out - 15%

I hardly bowl spinners so hence why I have no stumpings as yet.

----------

Also this isn't in career mode...

Has anyone figured out how long it takes on average for a fast bowler to recover from a spell?

Never seen any fast bowler recover from my experience. Even after a day's break in a test match. Quite annoying but I guess its a known issue

Never seen any fast bowler recover from my experience. Even after a day's break in a test match. Quite annoying but I guess its a known issue

This can't be the case in career mode though. I'm a fast bowler in career and I always hit 130s in my second spell.

You might be right. I haven't tried career mode yet

Idk if stuff is recorded that way on file as I haven't checked but if I were to guess I'd say...

Bowled - 25%
LBW - 25%
Caught behind, keeper & slips - 20%
Caught elsewhere - 15%
Stumped - N/A
Run out - 15%

I hardly bowl spinners so hence why I have no stumpings as yet.

Pace bowler in career, admittedly I bowl very full and at the stumps.

Bowled/LBW: 80
Edged behind: 5
Caught (not behind): 15
Stumped:0
Run out: 0

Add to that my own personal experience:

Bowled/LBW: ~50%
Edged behind: ~5%
Caught (not behind): ~25%
Stumped: <5%
Run out: ~15%

Compare this to real life levels which are around:

Bowled/LBW: ~33%
Edged behind: ~40%
Otherwise caught: ~25%
Run out: <5%
Stumped: <5%

Clearly here the number of edges is worrisome. What should be the main contribution to wickets has been sorely lacking. They do happen, nobody is doubting that (in fact, I've given away many edges, it seems to be more to do with the AI than the physics), the issue is that they are far too infrequent. As such this suggests that there needs to be tweaks to the AI, and as many AI wickets end up being them completely missing with the bat over their head (bowled/LBW), this would suggest that an AI tweak would be in order, with particular care made to balance out and increase the number of edges, while decreasing the rate that they are bowled and LBW.

Of course there are other issues with batting frailty, but they seem to be all linked (as something as complex as this would be).

Thought the percentages I gave were pretty realistic, for a game that is...AI Knicks all the time when I bowl...would be higher if I had slips in, or in the right places to catch the bitch.

this could help the discussion
601262.jpg

http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/622519.html

Yup. I found that yesterday when I was drafting my review. The main problem with it is that it doesn't differentiate between caught in the slips and in the outfield.

Perhaps he has been using manual fielding and isn't too sharp. That's one way I reduce runouts, although its not satisfactory

stamina is defiently an issue in career too, or shold I say the lack off, within 5 overs they have lost 15-20 MPH and when taken off they never recover.

Same with my guy he is a spinner but his stamina hasnt recovered despite not being a number ten and being sat in the pavilion for a day

This can't be the case in career mode though. I'm a fast bowler in career and I always hit 130s in my second spell.

In casual Test matches pacers never really recover fully in an innings, even after a day's rest. In the 2nd innings they again taper off after 4 overs or thereabouts and you are stuck with a bunch of medium pacers most of the match.

Users who are viewing this thread