Spectating AI matches and some worrying AI findings

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Rich, I just received the game last night and will be playing it over the weekend with any luck, but there will be times when I have to take care of errands. If you can give me a little bit of an idea on where you'd want someone to pick up so we're not doing redundant checks (or maybe we want redundant checks?), I can certainly help out.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AI vs AI games are not something we've paid the greatest attention to, they are not representative of Human v AI nor Human v Human and are not used for the "simulation" in career mode.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
AI vs AI games are not something we've paid the greatest attention to, they are not representative of Human v AI nor Human v Human and are not used for the "simulation" in career mode.

It's not a big problem in this game put for the second game watching a legends team VS a team like say the Aussies now would rock because at the moment it's just ok.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Langeveldt you're an absolute star!

Yell out if you need any help with some simulated games or anything, I can set the game up exactly how you want it and you could test more than one thing at once :)

The more the merrier really. It would be good if you could post a few scorecards.

My only criteria is that it is legendary difficulty, and the tailenders have only one dot in their batting skills.

Perhaps take a look at how brute and conservative makes a difference? Maybe try an ODI? Whatever suits, good luck!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors

It seems that some of the bugs are represented everywhere though

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Yeah but I don't understand the point of the exercise. I don't see any reasonable or usable data coming from it.

TripleM

Club Captain
Yeah but I don't understand the point of the exercise. I don't see any reasonable or usable data coming from it.

The main relevance would be in terms of putting together a partnership in career mode (while your career player is in).

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors

Well surely its the same engine and intelligence on display as is being used when standing in the field as your career player? I've seen nine runouts in an innings when standing at point as my career batsmen, and I've seen nine runouts when spectating as well.

Either way we've waited and waited and waited for a game which hasn't been finished. Unless runout is the main form of dismissal where you come from. Took me a few hours to find that out. I guess we are in the era where you buy the car and they make you download the wheels a few weeks later

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've seen nine runouts when spectating as well.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, that's because of the imbalance in the field currently, which is already been rectified according to Matt in the next patch?

we've waited and waited and waited for a game which hasn't been finished

Oh, please...

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I'm not sure how much more ridiculous assessments of the game can get.

I'm just waiting for someone to non-ironically compare the flaws to Ashes 13.

Well sometimes in the cutseens you do see the field spin real fast for a second or two.:p

----------

Well surely its the same engine and intelligence on display as is being used when standing in the field as your career player? I've seen nine runouts in an innings when standing at point as my career batsmen, and I've seen nine runouts when spectating as well.

Either way we've waited and waited and waited for a game which hasn't been finished. Unless runout is the main form of dismissal where you come from. Took me a few hours to find that out. I guess we are in the era where you buy the car and they make you download the wheels a few weeks later

I understand you want the game to be a good as it can mate but as Biggs has said the AI runouts will be fixed very soon so just wait. PS also please play the game because that's why you payed for it. If you want to watch cricket go on youtube.:thumbs

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant

All games have bugs. Some games are patched speedily as we have done, the patch to fix your major concern is in with MS/Sony.

If you believe the game is so broken as to be unplayable/unusable/not fit for purpose then I can't do much about that other than my promise to support the product in a way that you have never experienced before.

As the manufacturer of the game I can say that this is not a test that will yield results worth using, particularly as there is a patch to come that changes greatly the results you are hoping to assess. That said, even post patch it is not a useful trial.

Binary

School Cricketer
I love this game and I've only had it a day. Watching AI matches is a guilty pleasure - I can't pretend it has any worth beyond my own enjoyment :) Here's my problem though - and I hope someone can help...I'm choosing 'spectate only' under the 'casual game' menu option. I want to watch a Test Match, but I notice that the 'save and exit' option is now disabled. How do you save, so that you can come back to the same match the following day?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Its the style of releasing a game with bugs that we've all picked up very quickly, and then expecting everyone to download a patch to fix it after two delays of original release. Patching is easier said than done for some of us who live in places without decent internet. I wish developers would consider this.

Anyway I've tried giving two cents to what I think is still a good game and suddenly AC13 is being mentioned, not sure where I brought that tragedy of a game up.

Anyway I'm out

Users who are viewing this thread