Spectating AI matches and some worrying AI findings

Everybody please don't think that a quality internet connection is a given everywhere in the world, just because you can get it cheap where you live.

@wealey88: See, that's where we differ. I didn't get from Langeveldt that he's annoyed about the fact that it's getting patched. He's annoyed that he might struggle to get the patch here in good ol' SA. As a fellow Saffer, I can confirm that the quality of your connection is definitely variable (and sometimes crazy expensive).

Again, it boils down to early adopter syndrome. I find that all the reviews about DBC don't mention these small(ish) problems, which will probably lead to more complaints of this nature.

No i agree with that totally and can see your point. Would be very frustrating.

Just sadly now a days getting a bug free game from the box is a rare thing!

----------

Everybody please don't think that a quality internet connection is a given everywhere in the world, just because you can get it cheap where you live.

Its def not cheap ha!

@wealey88: See, that's where we differ. I didn't get from Langeveldt that he's annoyed about the fact that it's getting patched. He's annoyed that he might struggle to get the patch here in good ol' SA. As a fellow Saffer, I can confirm that the quality of your connection is definitely variable (and sometimes crazy expensive).

Again, it boils down to early adopter syndrome. I find that all the reviews about DBC don't mention these small(ish) problems, which will probably lead to more complaints of this nature.

You've surely got to be able to download a 7 Meg file? (That's all the patch is in size.)

Would the patch work with Indian PSN account?

@Ross: When you put it like that it's not an issue :) Maybe a little word in Langeveldt's ear would've stopped this thread earlier though?

Well I did already mention the size of the patch earlier....

Would the patch work with Indian PSN account?

I hope it is deployed into India. If it isn't, then as posted elsewhere:

You would make a UK PSN account for free using any valid UK address. Then load the game, it will request the patch, once patched you can go back to using your regular PSN account (the patch is valid across all regions once loaded onto the system).

1) I don't care which denominator they cater to, after handing over a lot of dosh, I don't expect 5 runouts an innings. Could I have handed over R400 and then paid the next R300 when they release the patch? Why are we all standing up for companies who release buggy games? Is that how your face got on the umpiring roster?

Aside from your obvious jealousy oozing in this post; If you buy a game that is labelled as requiring internet to access certain features, its not the developers problem to cater to your lack of said access. That's ridiculous. Should they cater to people who don't have working televisions? No game, ever released in the past decade has been "bug free". Certainly no PC game and console games ability to now update on-the-fly means developers are able to push development of titles right up to the line of the due-by date. In many occasions this results in a better product, but it also means games usually have a few bugs. The ones we've found, are pretty minimal and will be fixed if not in the first patch, but in the second.

...and all that being said, it's gonna be about 8meg. Give or take. 8meg... I find it hard to believe anyone who suffers from a "bad connection" won't be able to get an 8meg update. I think it's pretty ridiculous assertion that BigAnt making ANY patch available to download after 2 - 3 weeks of the game being out to fix a few balance issues, especially the field, is a bad thing!

Your AI stuff, while interesting if you care that much about how a computer performs against itself is akin to watching my PC play minesweeper... It doesn't reflect at all how I play the game, which is by design, what games are for.

If you watch any sport game Ai v Ai it only ever shows it in a bad light. In fact, any game Ai v Ai doesn't work.

This all seems about as pointless as an open top condom.

1) I don't care which denominator they cater to, after handing over a lot of dosh, I don't expect 5 runouts an innings. Could I have handed over R400 and then paid the next R300 when they release the patch? Why are we all standing up for companies who release buggy games? Is that how your face got on the umpiring roster?

2) As a significant part of your career player time is spent watching AI play AI, it is actually a valid sim. What I've seen watching the game is mirrored playing it as well. (tailenders too effective, test match slogging and appaling running, spinners taking hatfuls of wickets caught in the ring in FC games)

Games have changed, the experience does not stop at the register, for example all Xbox One and PS4 games I have purchased so far have had multiple-gigabyte downloads on day one.

We've had interaction with many here, many have been in clips, Angad for a duck (or three), Israr in a video, bobbleheads, PC / Big Ant forum teams on disk etc... - we've tried to have a sense of humour and have you guys along for the ride.

My staff are awesome and go far beyond the call but AI vs AI while interesting to watch is not a core focus of theirs with regard to game balance.

You are a customer and I want you to have the best experience possible and I know that you are doing the AI vs AI in order to help.

Ross, but please make ai batting vs user more challenging in pro, i love to play test cricket going till 3rd session, day 5. If we can bowl well through out the day the ai should be pretty conservative, like going for few shots and managing around 230 in a day but not losing heaps of wickets.

If Rockstar can make a game and yet include a game breaking bug and then have a patch weeks later (which is ridiculous), surely there's some leeway for a studio the size of Big Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread