Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Trying to overclock, Colin?
Not all motherboards support changing the voltages, however you can look around in the bios.
Anything specific you're after?

@Ahmad, I'm facing the same issue, but haven't figured out a way out yet. Unfortunately my DVD drive is not working either, so can't try that out.
Ill try what Varun said.

@Abhas - basically the mobo has expansion slots to take me from 4GB to 8GB but I'm getting freezes with the latter. Memtest runs fine.

All 4 are identical. It works fine for hours for hours with 4 in and then freezes, starts-up, freezes. No bluescreens or error messages.
Removing the two additional ones has stopped the freezing but now I want to put them in and prevent freezing.

Changing the memory timings/voltages is usually more unstable than the stock voltages.
What make/model is the motherboard? I'll look up if it's possible to change the voltages.

----------

There could also be a scenario where your PSU is not supporting the extra power requirement caused by the additional 2 sticks.

Yup, I considered that with the PSU but my memory is that it had quite a bit of spare capacity. How do I find out my mobo make and model? I know it's Gigabite.

@Ahmad, I'm facing the same issue, but haven't figured out a way out yet. Unfortunately my DVD drive is not working either, so can't try that out.
Ill try what Varun said.

That's weird my DVD drive is fine.

I will try Varun's method :)

No, the DVD drive is a separate issue.. It's on my laptop, a slot-load drive, and probably the lens is loaded with dust, but I have no way of cleaning it. :noway

Users who are viewing this thread