Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

P Squared

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know it does, I was talking about total available graphics memory.:facepalm

P Squared added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

The shared memory is added on and thats why I was asking how to reduce it.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
By shared memory, it means memory it can borrow from the RAM. You are double counting the RAM and Shared memory - It is the same thing.

You have 4 gb Ram and 1 gb Vram. = 5 gb
Now, the 1gb Vram is dedicated, and cannot be reduced, thus, out of the remaining units of memory, your computer being 32 bit, allows 4 (maximum possible in a 32 bit architecture)-1(Vram) = 3gb - which is being used by RAM.

Now, if your graphics card was to exhaust its 1gb Vram, it will "borrow" memory from the RAM, and your RAM would be further reduced, temporarily. This is a highly unlikely event, but not impossible.
The maximum limit it can borrow is that 1274 mb shown in the screenshot.

Don't worry about it. You still have 3 GB ram which can be utilized. (Mind you, even if you're doing very high intensity work, it is very unlikely that you are consuming all of that memory).

But, if you're cynical, and want all the memory you've paid for, go ahead and install a 64 bit windows.

Last edited:

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
So my total memory is 5.5 GB(2.5 GB GPU, 3 GB RAM) but according to your logic it isnt possible.:facepalm

FYI it wasn't my logic it was taken from the MS site (link you gave me)
and when someone is trying to help you shouldn't you try to listen and understand before posting facepalms and wasting others time??

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I dont know why but my MSN messenger is starting to bug me. It started happening from yesterday night and the problem has persisted today as well.

What happens is that I sometimes cant open a chat with a person online. I can send offline messages but not chat with those online. Then when I try to sign out it says chat pages are open when there are not visible. It doesnt seem like a huge issue, but my Anti-virus has expired and I dont want to take any chances.

Thoughts?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Ok. A problem encoutered by a fair few people but no answer. All the arrow keys work fine but when I hold down the left + up arrow keys together, it doesn't work. Any idea on how to fix it. I know it's not a problem with the keyboard as it didn't work previously but when I got my computer cleaned and it lost all the data, it started working again but it's stopped working now for a fairly long time.

Any help will be appreciated.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If it's worked before I can't think of what it would be. Some keyboards don't let you press certain combinations because they don't think you'll need to, but you've said that it's not your keyboard..

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
yeah. I'm not sure since it was working fine then stopped working until I cleaned the computer up and it was working again but it stopped working again. I just don't want to clean up the computer again cause it then involves system restore and then copying and pasting over 100 gb.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
It might actually be a problem with EA games as it didn't work with Cricket 07 and it's not working with Rugby 08 which are both games by EA Sports.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I've seen many computers not accepting 3 button combos. Can't diagnose the reason though.. maybe try installing a new driver?

Users who are viewing this thread