surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
With all the new rules coming into picture, lets start the SOTM for August. The nominee are,

1. Australian Premier League - biggy09
  2. The Ashes - hedger_14
  3. Australia - The New Breed - Hooper
  4. The PlanetCricket Ashes - Skater

If you are still yet to read the new rules, here you go

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...leagues/story-forums-rules-changes-55996.html

BenchMark Story of the Month :

If anyone wondering what this is supposed to be, it is simple. ;) The story which can give you some simple and standard ideas for other writers.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...al-season-sep-2004-onwards-c2005-10765-8.html - m_vaughan

This is one of the stories which was popular for certain period of time. It was written by a popular writer too, Sid ( m_vaughan). This story gives a picture how to take a story in simple and consistent way when you have a great story line with you. :)

Hope members like it.

Story Tip of the Month :

Don't search for complicate graphics, or ideas. Be simple as much as you can, spend some thought processing before starting a story. This will result in a story line, and once you get a story line, stick with it & all you need to do is, " Entertain the readers and attract them! ". :)

" Consistent commitment along with good simple story line form the base of success for any writers! ".

Thats all we have for this month's SOTM contest. And ya, good luck for the nominee. Hope we get more voters. :)

And as I always, feel free to PM me or Arslaan if you feel that some story has been left out or for some suggestions.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
"2) The story participating in the SOTM should be atleast 2 months old & efforts for the the last 2 months should be worth for the nomination. There is no point in putting some efforts during the first 20 days & going inactive after that. Efforts applied for writing the story matters a lot!"

Hooper's story for one isn't been 2 months old. :p

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But the amount of updates I've done it might as well be!

BTW, neither is hedgers or skaters.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
"2) The story participating in the SOTM should be atleast 2 months old & efforts for the the last 2 months should be worth for the nomination. There is no point in putting some efforts during the first 20 days & going inactive after that. Efforts applied for writing the story matters a lot!"

Hooper's story for one isn't been 2 months old. :p

Yes, we analyzed that point as well. Since it's a fresh first start to the SOTM contests, we included it as a exception considering the efforts applied.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, we analyzed that point as well. Since it's a fresh first start to the SOTM contests, we included it as a exception considering the efforts applied.

3/4s of the story's haven't been going for 2 months though, heck Hoopers has been going about half a month iirc. :p

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India

Yes, as I said, since it is a first fresh start to SOTM. The efforts matter a lots.

surendar added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

3/4s of the story's haven't been going for 2 months though, heck Hoopers has been going about half a month iirc. :p

For first month, how can we see the previous two months? Similarly for second month, we can see previous two months though. If same Hooper or Skater stories are going inactive in next month, it won't be considered for next month's nomination.

Hope this calculation logic has cleared your doubts. :)

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
But the amount of updates I've done it might as well be!

So I win by default then? YAY.

I like Skater's. It's interactive, top notch and lots of fun.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
For first month, how can we see the previous two months? Similarly for second month, we can see previous two months though. If same Hooper or Skater stories are going inactive in next month, it won't be considered for next month's nomination.

Hope this calculation logic has cleared your doubts. :)

First month? The story forum has not be closed the past few months awaiting the new Story of the Month, it's been carrying on. I know you mean well Suren but surely if you are going to emphasise the Story Forum Rules moreso now than ever, then surely you should stick to them? First edition of it or not. My point is, that even next month Hoopers story won't be two months will it? It'll one and a half or something. Only Skaters and Biggy's will probably qualify for the award next month.

I think it should be taken down to 1 month. There is only one story at the moment that has been going for longer than two month that deserves this award. Next month, it'll be three at most.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Here is an idea. Look at the story board. Right. Got that so far? Then go through the stories. Okay. Got that one down? Look for the best stories. Nominate them for SOTM. Yeah. Did you catch that?

Tis not that hard. If you won it last month you can't be nominated otherwise you can.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
First month? The story forum has not be closed the past few months awaiting the new Story of the Month, it's been carrying on. I know you mean well Suren but surely if you are going to emphasise the Story Forum Rules moreso now than ever, then surely you should stick to them? First edition of it or not. My point is, that even next month Hoopers story won't be two months will it? It'll one and a half or something. Only Skaters and Biggy's will probably qualify for the award next month.

I think it should be taken down to 1 month. There is only one story at the moment that has been going for longer than two month that deserves this award. Next month, it'll be three at most.

Month when the new rule was enforeced : 8th July.
The gap which we gave : 1 month.
Current date : August 4th.
Consistency/Efforts period calculated : From July 9th - August 4th ( Only avaliable period after the new rules & this will increase as months progress ) We are not changing any rules here.

The month from which the changes/rules were insisted matters into the calculation.

Users who are viewing this thread