- special feature not to be discussed ***

***** = excellent
**** = great
*** = good
** = room for improvement
* = not required

lazy_chesnut said:
In answer to your questions:

1. The bat sounds are sampled from a real cricket TV broadcast so I am not to keen on fiddling with them in terms of equalisation or anything else. All I have done is normalised them and compressed them slightly - no EQ or anything like that.

Hi Chestnut. Just to add, the bat sound for the six hit is absolutely spot on, I'd replace some of the others with that, the shots that are timed perfectly should all have that sound. The defensive shot sound is a bit weak in my opinion, but if you got it off the TV, then fair enough. Which broadcast did you get them from, by the way? Try the ones from the Ashes dvd boxset, they're great!

Have you included any 'edge' sounds? I haven't had any edges yet, so I can't tell.

The only sound I prefer from the original game is the sound of the stumps being bowled.
By the way, are you going to release the sound editor, so we can all 'flavour to taste'?

Well done, though! Reps coming your way! :)

Hi Chestnut. Just to add, the bat sound for the six hit is absolutely spot on, I'd replace some of the others with that, the shots that are timed perfectly should all have that sound. The defensive shot sound is a bit weak in my opinion, but if you got it off the TV, then fair enough. Which broadcast did you get them from, by the way? Try the ones from the Ashes dvd boxset, they're great!
I think he has used the ones from the 2005 Ashes DVD.

I dont have BLIC so dunno how these sounds actually sound.

But is there a chance that these can be released as seperate files so that we can import it into Cricket 07.

tutsipoppy2 said:
I dont have BLIC so dunno how these sounds actually sound.

But is there a chance that these can be released as seperate files so that we can import it into Cricket 07.

Does anyone know the answer to this question? Thanks

@Lazy Chestnut. These might have come from the Ashes DVD (can't be the one I've got and I've got the official boxset), but in my opinion, the batting sounds from the original Brian Lara game are absolutely spot on, especially the sound you get when hitting a perfectly timed cover drive. If you've not played Brian Lara Cricket, check it out and I'm sure you'll agree! If these sounds were included in BLIC 2007, then the sound would be fantastic (at least). Are you going to release your sound editor, so we can add our own sounds? That way, everyone is happy.

I'm not trying to have a go, I think you're doing good work, keep it up. It's just that I think the sounds from Brian Lara Cricket are better. I just think that the ones in your patch lack the beefy 'thwack' sound that's present in Brian Lara.

Hopefully Botherd can convert this to PS2 .pff because I can't stand that Yahoo! everytime I beat the bat!!!

Users who are viewing this thread