Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Drawn series

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
SA did well to scrape up that total. They're pretty lucky to get that it seems after the top order collapse.

SL should be able to make that total and put some extra runs on the board. Thought who knows what will happen if Ntini comes to the party.

andyptl18

Club Cricketer
excellent comeback by Shaun Pollock!!!!
i am eagerly waiting to see what he does with the ball
i think SA will be able to hold their total, it is a decent total but then you never know with Jayawardene :D

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Maxkarter said:
Good sign is we have gotten our batting together sort of... Gibbs needs to be dropped again he has been completely useless. hopefully the bowling will be spot on to get something out of this match.

Lasith Malinga bowled beautifully, Vaas was spot on as usual, and Mahroof was impressive.

Pollock, Steyn, and Ntini have it in them. They should stop all thoughts of unresponsive Sub-Continent pitches and make things happen with their ability.

Don't know much abt Boje. Seems like he's another Ashley Giles.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Great start by the South Africans as they have reduced the Lankans to 5 wickets down for less than a hundred. They may be missing the extra batsman now!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Great bowling by South Africa! Hopefully they can get them all out soon and then put up a decent show wit hthe bat set up a difficult target to chase.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Great! Throw valuable wickets away, great way to get yourself into a good posision isn't it! The run-outs weren't neccessary, and Gibbs threw it away at a vital moment. We can only hope SA can now build a good lead, and show a little more killer instinct in the field.

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it just me or is a 2 match series really stupid. I mean the series is really heating up and its almost over already! I get the feeling that England & Australia get all the prolonged 4-5 match series and the other test playing nations get crappy little 2 and 3 match competition, its not fair at all.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The argument is that ODI cricket has more popularity in the subcontinent than test cricket. A claim which is probably true, although the crowds at these test matches (judging by what I see on TV) are pretty good. Also, the minnows tend to have 2 test series, and it wasn't long back (okay about 10-12 years--still a short period in the history of cricket) that Sri Lanka were minnows. There may just be a delayed response!

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Shaun Pollock

I think its over for Shaun Pollock. The guy was bowling OffSpin today. It's a defeat for him. I think Andre Nel is injured, he would have been handy today. South Africa are definitely short a bowler as Ntini has caught a niggle.
Boje will have to perform a miracle if SA are to win this.

irottev

School Cricketer
Not much comments about this game. But anyway wow, sounds like it turned out to be a thriller.

1 wicket win for Sri Lanka, with the 6th highest 4th innings chase. Thanks to Jaywardene (the captain lol, having two of them is kidna annoying) scoring a hundred. Jaysuria also made a large contribution.

Hall almost got SA the win, but not quite. Boje got 4 wickets!!! Thats a rarity. Musta been quite turny, Murili bagged another 10for. What a bowler!!!

Good series win for SL!!! Now the ODI tri-series should be interesting!

Last edited:

irottev

School Cricketer
I noticed. But you replied too quickly before I could change it. It died to the very bottom of the forum lol.

I guess there isn't too much interest.

Nightwatchman

School Cricketer
What a thriller!!! I know its easy to say now that weve won, but full credit to SA for pushing us all the way, and no doubt in that situation, with Ntini, and their stars, they would have won....

The ODIs will definately be interesting, as we have a little score to settle with those Indians :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sri Lanka were always going to be hard to beat at home especially with Murali. Good effort by SA this time round though, twice they got over 300 just the brilliance of Jayawardene stopped them from drawing or winning this test.

Users who are viewing this thread