• Drawn series

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm backing Rudolph to score 401*! :p

Well played Jayawardene though, fantastic innings.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Really excellent innings from Jaywardene.

Btw, had he broken Lara's record, how many of you think that Lara would have chased it down ? :cool:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
iceman_waugh said:
Really excellent innings from Jaywardene.

Btw, had he broken Lara's record, how many of you think that Lara would have chased it down ? :cool:

NEVER! I think never!

Didnt Lara play his final test match on his home ground(s)??? I think he will never play a test in the Windies and that makes it even tougher for him to break the record again. Both his big ones (375 and 400*) have been at Antigua.

irottev

School Cricketer
s2sschan said:
Sri Lanka is Nothing, I mean Absolutely Nothing, without Murali as of right now.

Dude! SL just set the highest partnership in history. And you call Jaywardene and Sangakara nothing?

They have talent in the bowling department Bandara is a good bowler.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It was the bowling that set this game up for Sri Lanka. And it wasn't all Murali doing, Fernado bowled well to get SL in this position. Then the brillance of Sri Lanka 2 best batsmen have them in this position.

I don't know how SL do it but they always manage to break World Records which look near impossible to break.

kodos

International Coach
s2sschan said:
Sri Lanka is Nothing, I mean Absolutely Nothing, without Murali as of right now.

Bowling department that is pretty much correct but they do have decent backup spin bowlers, Chandana, Bandara so they can still be a force without Murali. Their batting is still their strong point and considering Kumar and Jaya are still in the 20's (I think) the batting will be up there with the rest of the world.

jdbais

International Cricketer
saisrini80 said:
NEVER! I think never!

Didnt Lara play his final test match on his home ground(s)??? I think he will never play a test in the Windies and that makes it even tougher for him to break the record again. Both his big ones (375 and 400*) have been at Antigua.

But don't the West Indies have a tour to Pakistan coming up. I think the pitches over there are twice as flat as all other West Indian pitches.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
SA having no troubles with the pitch 2nd time round. No wickets lost in the first session of play with Hall and Rudolph looking comfortable.

kodos

International Coach
Pretty disgraceful stuff by the major Aussie tv networks. They haven't even shown some highlights of the record partnership in the news. Shameful stuff really, I mean this is a very rare achievement and they can't show at least 10 seconds of it?? They really should pay more attention and respect to world sport instead of being incredibly Australian biased i.e they showed highlights of Bledisloe Cup after all the AFL and NRL but if Aus won it would have been shown first.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Kodos, you really have no idea how the sporting industry works do you? Do Australian networks gain money from showing international games? No. There is also the buisness of licensing channels e.g. Ch. 10 showing Ch. 9 footage (which is for every sport individually).

Australia is based around Australia, thats the main fact you should get into you head.

Btw, they actually did show footage on Sportsworld.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
It's not a question of how the sporting industry (not sure this can even be termed as that) works, but how greedy the Aussie news networks seem to be. It's disrespectful if you do not show substantial coverage of the highest partnership in the 125+ years of cricket. I don't recall the Indian news networks limiting their coverage when Australia and South Africa played that record-setting ODI match.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Muralitharan and Fernado in the wickets again. It's going to be a tough ask for South Africa to keep out SL. Once one of the current 2 batters get out, Sri Lanka have exposed the tail.

irottev

School Cricketer
cricinfo title "Prince gives South Africa hope"

Hope? What hope?

They can't win.

They shouldn't draw with a long tail. Murili eats tail enders for breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread