• Drawn series

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kodos

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
IloveGilly said:
Kodos, you really have no idea how the sporting industry works do you? Do Australian networks gain money from showing international games? No. There is also the buisness of licensing channels e.g. Ch. 10 showing Ch. 9 footage (which is for every sport individually).

Australia is based around Australia, thats the main fact you should get into you head.

Btw, they actually did show footage on Sportsworld.

Where did I say show highlights of the whole match or the whole innings??? Once again I have to say that 12 year olds on this forum need to pay more attention and actually read the posts PROPERLY before posting ludicrous posts.

Obviously I know about how the TV industry operates and I am absolutely certain I know more about business and marketing in Australia than you. All I said was a BRIEF highlight, say a 10 or 20 second clip of the world record feat. It's pretty pathetic that they could not do that and the fact that it was a World record feat meant it was of real importance to the cricketing world and not only Sri Lanka. I'd bet if say Ponting and Hayden set a record many other countries in the world would have shown some brief highlights on their news. The TV networks everywhere around the world (England, India, New Zealand) would show a 10 or 20 second highlights of foreign games in their local news yet I don't see that happening in Australia. All I am saying that the Australian sport industry is incredibly bias and some sporting achievements should be recognised appropiately.

sohummisra said:
It's not a question of how the sporting industry (not sure this can even be termed as that) works, but how greedy the Aussie news networks seem to be. It's disrespectful if you do not show substantial coverage of the highest partnership in the 125+ years of cricket. I don't recall the Indian news networks limiting their coverage when Australia and South Africa played that record-setting ODI match.

Absolutely agreed and justifies my point above.

Back on topic now, I wouldn't rule SA completely out though obviously Sri Lanka are still the favourites to take this out with Murali still a threat. If SA do get away with this it certainly would be the great escape.

irottev

School Cricketer
Boje and Ntini in. 1 more wicket and its all over rover.

Murili 10 wickets!!!

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
And Sri Lanka have wrapped up the innings win.

Result

South Africa 1st innings: 169 all out
Sri Lanka 1st innings: 756/5 declared (Sangakkara 287, Jayawardene 374)
South Africa 2nd innings: 434 all out (Muralitharan 6/131)

Sri Lanka win by an innings and 153 runs

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
kodos said:
Where did I say show highlights of the whole match or the whole innings??? Once again I have to say that 12 year olds on this forum need to pay more attention and actually read the posts PROPERLY before posting ludicrous posts.

Obviously I know about how the TV industry operates and I am absolutely certain I know more about business and marketing in Australia than you. All I said was a BRIEF highlight, say a 10 or 20 second clip of the world record feat. It's pretty pathetic that they could not do that and the fact that it was a World record feat meant it was of real importance to the cricketing world and not only Sri Lanka. I'd bet if say Ponting and Hayden set a record many other countries in the world would have shown some brief highlights on their news. The TV networks everywhere around the world (England, India, New Zealand) would show a 10 or 20 second highlights of foreign games in their local news yet I don't see that happening in Australia. All I am saying that the Australian sport industry is incredibly bias and some sporting achievements should be recognised appropiately.
Agreed.
We , here in India get all cricket games LIVE (even Zim V Ban) !
Not that all of them sell. It is not all about money, is it.
I believe a world record in any sport that is not even watched in India would get reasonable coverage.

And as Sohum said before , the Aus-SA game earleir this year had all TV News Networks in India dedicating full one hour programmes to it.

BTW, SRL are becoming a real force now.
They always were a force to reckon with at home but he English tour recently will make it even harder for teams now.
Th looked aweful when they were in India late last year but now it has all changed.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
A comprehensive victory by Sri Lanka, although it was a better effort by the South Africans in the second essay (;)). I agree with aditya123 in that the Sri Lankans are looking mighty dangerous. They won this game without Chaminda Vaas, whose presence in the next game and the coming ODI series should make the Lankans favorites for this series and the tri-series.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
It was a tremendous win for them. They're looking very dangerous, a convincing test series in England, splendid performance in the ODI's and a crushing win here.

They've re-discovered themselves, and under Jayawardane, they're looking ominous. The tri-series should be very interesting, and they're mighty favourites for that.

Sureshot

Executive member
Well done Sri Lanka, probably one of the form teams in World Cricket.

Possible World Cup outsiders. They're my long shot for it.

kodos

International Coach
They certainly do looks very good under the captaincy of Jaywardene. But expect Attapatu to regain the captaincy once he returns. Tom Moody has also done an excellent job with the team after being thumped by NZ in the ODI's late last year.

irottev

School Cricketer
Second test in progress. Pollock and Vaas are both playing.

SA won the toss and went in to bat.

SA have already lost 2 wickets. 1 being Gibbs (who needs to be dropped) and 2 being Hall who does not look comfortable opening. Man, oh man, another side with opener problems.

Amla has started pretty well. Hitting Malinga for 3 fours. Sri Lanka couldn't have asked for a better start though.

SO SL!!!!!

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa right back on track great partnership between Prince and AB. In good time too. I reckon De Villiers will become one the best batsman in the world, and hes only 22.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Murali strikes again, Boucher gone for a cameo 30 odd. Good thing Boje and Pollock are good batsman, if onlu Boje could bowl :p.

Thurya

Club Cricketer
Adarsh said:
Has Sangakkara given up wicketkeeping in Tests?

It is very hard to keep wickets for days and come again as the no. 3 batsman.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Adarsh said:
Has Sangakkara given up wicketkeeping in Tests?
I think they want him to concentrate on batting long innings, which was difficult if he had to keep 2 innings, too. It's a testament to the current strength of the Sri Lankan team that they can lose a batsman and still perform so well.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Good sign is we have gotten our batting together sort of... Gibbs needs to be dropped again he has been completely useless. hopefully the bowling will be spot on to get something out of this match.

Users who are viewing this thread