Spin Bowling Impression and questions..

3. LS rotate
Do you rotate back to the original starting position? Not that I've noticed a difference (I rarely bowl spin with how few deliveries I need to get Biggs out with it) - but it's how I do the three rotations, counting them in as they go around and trying to get it back to the original point.

Im not sure how many overs of spin I have bowled but I've taken nearly 1000 wickets and I have never once seen a ball not do what I told it to do. Whether it's over or around the wicket the ball spins the correct way and aims exactly where you tell it to go.

Tl:dr... You are doing it wrong.

i find 8 times out of 10 you will see an off spinner going like a leg spinner and vice versa, these are not doosra/wrong un, just the wrong delivery.

I find that I can get plenty of revolutions on the ball but very little turn.

4. RS up and left for release
I would say that this is the reason why you're bowling wide deliveries. Just push the RS straight up.

I would say that this is the reason why you're bowling wide deliveries. Just push the RS straight up.

I need to learn how to do a video. If I don't push that it ends up going down the leg side. I'm bowling off spin here; you don't to pitch it on off stump...

I need to learn how to do a video. If I don't push that it ends up going down the leg side. I'm bowling off spin here; you don't to pitch it on off stump...
Does the same thing happen to you online? I could record you attempting spin and upload it if need be.

I like the spin bowling system on the whole. I can see why there is some concern about wear and tear of controllers, but I'd rather this than button mashing. I use an old worn controller for bowling and save my newest one for batting.
I'm a 16 yo Bat/Bowl, leggie, and I've noticed that I don't seem to be able to bowl leg-breaks. When I do get turn it goes back like an off-break. I only get ca1200 rpm on perfect (more on drift ball!). I accept that rpm will increase with skill, but surely I should get some right to left movement? Anyone else noticed this? If other get "normal" leg-breaks maybe I will try restarting career (hope not, not sure I can face another first season just yet!!).
Anyway, apart from that I love the game just wish I could bat!! Once I get a couple of short balls I get twitchy and nick one or get lbw. lol, just like the real thing!!

I like the spin bowling system on the whole. I can see why there is some concern about wear and tear of controllers, but I'd rather this than button mashing. I use an old worn controller for bowling and save my newest one for batting.
I'm a 16 yo Bat/Bowl, leggie, and I've noticed that I don't seem to be able to bowl leg-breaks. When I do get turn it goes back like an off-break. I only get ca1200 rpm on perfect (more on drift ball!). I accept that rpm will increase with skill, but surely I should get some right to left movement? Anyone else noticed this? If other get "normal" leg-breaks maybe I will try restarting career (hope not, not sure I can face another first season just yet!!).
Anyway, apart from that I love the game just wish I could bat!! Once I get a couple of short balls I get twitchy and nick one or get lbw. lol, just like the real thing!!

Are you sure you're selecting the correct delivery before you bowl? I think a leg-break should be holding up and left on the stick.

I quite enjoy the spin bowling on DBC 14, and as mentioned in the career thread, the only downside I've found is that my left thumb hates me if I bowl too many overs of spin in a short amount of time.

That aside, it's easy to get into a good, consistent rhythm bowling spin. It is hard to get the ideal amount of spin RPM on each delivery, but by contrast, it's easy to get at least a respectable amount of RPM on the ball every time, and sometimes I will get one that spins more than the others.

There's no need to time jump inputs either, so there's no risk of no-balling and as such, I find spin bowling to be easier and more forgiving than pace bowling in this game...

I'm in my third season as a Leg-spinning all-rounder, and I've never noticed any problem with the ball spinning the wrong way, or bowling wides (Other than when I forget to select my delivery before selecting the length).

I can't really help with the problem at all, except to confirm that it is NOT the game mechanic itself. Leg-breaks turn the correct way, no matter which side of the wicket I bowl from, and Wrong'uns do the same.

I'm still not able to spin with my career leg spinner. For some reason all my deliveries are spinning in like a googly instead of out and I'm not able to extract more than 400 rpm. I use the left stick to chose the delivery then press x and move the left stick anticlockwise 3 times and use the right stick to deliver the ball. What am I doing wrong??

Users who are viewing this thread