Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

Maybe it's NOTW new strategy to skyrocket their sales it would be selling bucket-loads after that you know

No.

Someone calculate the odds of correctly guessing when the 2 no balls would have been bowled and by the correct bowlers. It has to be way more than 1 in a million.

Open your flinging eyes

Mark added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

and anyone who believes the NOTW recorded the video after the fact should just kill themselves. You are of no use to humanity

Yeah! The number of people who have made that claim in this thread already..:facepalm They are basically implying that NOTW asked Majeed to be caught on tape for a bit of fun in the hope he got arrested..yay.:facepalm

Stanford never influenced the games outcome. He just showed money in everyone's face and they accepted as we see many people doing now, but it was never match fixing. His problem was with his own corruption, he screwed him self and the people that worked for his empire. He did not influence cricket that much other then giving the Caribbean boards $25 000 a year to develop and improve their cricket.

ONLINE - International News Network

Scotland Yard finds no solid evidence of match fixing

Absolutely believable, that source. Nicely written, especially the part where it says

"as to why the notorious British tabloid had published the report two days later, as the no-balls of Pakistani players were conducted on the (very same) second day of the test match."

So, the no-balls were not bowled, they were conducted. :laugh

Responsible and reliable sources of Scotland Yard had informed on Tuesday that despite ‘the video and other proofs’ as provided by the British tabloid, no credibility has been so far established regarding the scandal so far.

Fail

Instead of being in a denial mode, the Pakistani authorities should really look at clearing up this mess. Maybe they fear that if they clamp down too hard on cricketers, they might reveal the name of officials higher up the power ladder. Pakistan's President is a 'patron' of the PCB, and close friend of Ijaz Butt. That explains a lot.

Some Aussie cricketers got asked by a bookie to do some things, but all of them declined.

I doubt anything will happen unfortunately. I reckon they're going to get away with it. They'll just live by the "not enough proof" excuse and get on with their careers.

^I sincerely hope that does not happen. The guilty once proven must be punished. PCB should suspend all of the named, until their names are cleared.

Damn it will be so unfortunate to see Aamer getting banned forever, he's still so young and he's got involved in all these so early :facepalm

Absolutely believable, that source. Nicely written, especially the part where it says

So, the no-balls were not bowled, they were conducted. :laugh

www.thenews.com.pk - Security Verification

Happy :)

Scotland Yard levels no charge on players: HC

Scolding news media over their conduct in connection with betting allegations, the statement warned newsmen against exaggerating the matter, saying no evidences have proven positive against players as yet.

Last edited:
Lawson: Kidnap threat was made to selector’s kid | The Sun |Sport|Cricket

FORMER Pakistan coach Geoff Lawson has revealed how a selector said his daughter would be kidnapped unless a certain player was picked.

Lawson's sensational story provides a sinister insight into the underworld of Asian betting - and shows it is not just about money but also about threats and intimidation.

He said: "It wouldn't surprise me if illegal bookmakers have told players that, if they don't perform X and Y, their families will be kidnapped or harmed.

"If these allegations of fixing are proved, it could be related to extortion, threats and the well-being of their own family.

"This selector said, 'We must pick (the player who approached me earlier). I have been told that, if he is not in the team tomorrow, my daughter will be kidnapped and I will not see her again.'

^This whole match fixing gang is quite a mafia. Cronje death is still shrouded in mystery. That however does not absolve accused of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread