Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

Scotland Yard levels no charge on players: HC

How many times do I have to say this? Scotland Yard have said nothing; they will never comment on an ongoing investigation.

The only details they ever release is that they've "arrested a 35 year old man on suspicion of X". And you're source's credibility isn't even worth discussing.

At the end of their inquiries they may not have enough evidence to make any arrests but I'm pretty sure the ICC will have enough to ban the players involved.

'Insufficient evidence' against Majeed, fears UK anti-corruption chief | Cricket News | England v Pakistan 2010 | Cricinfo.com

Now, please don't tell me even Cricinfo is not a reliable source :)

As far as ICC is concerned, I really don't think they have the balls to ban players, they have been too easy with the controversies in the past, their ACSU now lacks credibility to me.

ajnabee added 7 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

You cracked the case. They are 100% innocent. Damn British racists

Exactly Mark, you got it right.Now they should be charged and prosecuted and why didn't NOTW have the dates on the camera when they were recording the video.

Damn damn damn :doh

Last edited:
I really dont understand what is going on. Surely they can crack the case now can they? But no one could crack Bob Woolmers suicide/murder too. And its pretty obvious to me atleast that he was definetly murdered.

I got this link somewhere, I think it was fb, and it may seem like utter BS, but you scroll down and see the Salman Butt pic where he is standing between the fixer and the reporter, and to me it looks edited. I reckon anyone here who does this on photoshop can tell us better.

Truth behind the match-fixing & no-balls accusation & ?150,000 World of Cricket

Personally speaking I reckon the players were involved to some degree but I dont believe everything the NOTW, or whatever the magazine's name, reported. There is enough proof to see they are guilty but I think its harder to prove that in court. If guilty, they should get bans without a doubt.

Now, please don't tell me even Cricinfo is not a reliable source

I've already commented on this before as well. That person is in no way affiliated with the investigation. He is merely concerned that the video might not be enough evidence to get the fixer arrested.

He knows nothing of the ongoing investigation.

I've already commented on this before as well. That person is in no way affiliated with the investigation. He is merely concerned that the video might not be enough evidence to get the fixer arrested.

He knows nothing of the ongoing investigation.

Right, then let the investigation get completed and the Scotland Yard to rule it's verdict.Until then, all those ruling their intellectual and lawful verdicts here of the players being guilty can go on to do so and those too who have that epic conspiracy of Woolmer being murdered :D that case was anyways closed long ago.

those too who have that epic conspiracy of Woolmer being murdered that case was anyways closed long ago.

So a closed case has never been found to be inaccurate, unlawful or re-opened as a result of new evidence then? :facepalm

And why the big grin after mentioning his murder??

Last edited:
Ahaha, Brad Haddin talking to a reporter..

Reporter: Does Cricket need Pakistan
Haddin: Nope

regarding actual full criminal prosecutions, the news of the world is notorious for carrying out dodgey investigations and manipulating evidence. Of course there is still enough evidence to ban the players but don't be surprised if nothing comes of this on a legal spectrum because of the NOTW's poor journalistic integrity.

News of the World phone hacking affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BBC NEWS | UK | Madeleine suspect in damages win

New claims of phone hacking put pressure on Andy Coulson | Media | The Observer

NOTW loses case to keep phone-hacking evidence - Editors Weblog

Brad and Angelina Win Court Case Against British Tabloid - Brad Pitt and Angelian Jolie - Zimbio

Sheridan v News International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it would be fair to call them the Pakistan of british tabloids tbf.

Also, they ran a similar expos? on John higgins, the snooker player recently, this ongoing but make of this what you will

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...-as-newspaper-requests-he-doesn’t-sue-260701/

Refusing to hand over evidence to higgins and mooney, the people accussed, without reassurance they won't sue them if they are found not guilty?

Last edited:
This is so unfortunate that we are such big fans of cricket and our cricketers that we just want to close our eyes to anything done by them even if they are playing with our sentiments and the game itself. :facepalm

Well by closing your eyes to something wrong does not make it right. And trust me that is the thing which encourages these people to repeat these things as they always know that they will get away with it.

Be it any cricketer who was at any time fined/ banned for dealing with bookies, we as fans do accept and forgive their mistakes because they are great entertainers. But we forgot that they are great traitors as well not only to the fans but to the game itself which has given them so much.

And this problem is with not only sub continent fans, its a global thing which is evident from the fact that even Mark Waugh, Warne and Gibbs were just fined for their acts which fans forgave with time.

Even for Cronje, every one was saying he should be given a second chance and now I feel that if Asif, Amir and Akmal can get away with this kind of evidence then I think a player like Cronje faced humiliation and death without any reason what so ever.

So guys stop being emotional and just because any player has the BEST TALENT in the world, it does not give him any right to betray his country, fans or game for that matter.:facepalm

What's with Afridi acting all hoity toity recently. I doubt he knew anything of the match fixing stuff honestly. He's probably been in on some with his ridiculous hair brained hitting at times too.

I think he's just trying to get some air time.

121273.jpg

"you haven't seen anythin yet, real ████ about start now"

Users who are viewing this thread