Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

do you really think they are bothered?

gambino added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Breaking News:

Majeed is a Mossad agent and this was all another Zionist conspiracy against Pakistan.
the more you post comments like that the more it makes people wanna laugh at you,
how old are you anyway?

and it shows just how disgruntled and unhappy you are by posting these snide remarks

Well I dont really know about the integrity of the videos, and work must be done to find out what the truth really is. I personally feel that there was some sort of fixing involved but it has been blown out of proportion by the media.

One of my cousins knows Salman Butts family personally and he was telling me today, that they are one of the better off families in Pakistan. I dont mean they are enormously rich or something, but have more than average family with a stable background. He is just a newly elected captain, and why would one start fixing in his first month of captaincy? Pretty much all the previous players who were involved in match fixing where already established players first.

Regarding Aamir, the article from PakPassion a page or so back, stated what we all pretty much believed about him. He is just a small town boy who is here at the biggest stage only due to pure talent. Its also clear that this was his first such instance, his intenional no-balls were pure rookie stuff. He is just 18 too, and an un-educated 18 year old is not the same as a one you would find in one of the more well-educated societies. Plus it seems anyone who knows him to an extent, (Lawson, Ramiz etc) have come out defending him stating clearly that he was influenced, and he is not that match-fixer type. At this age, and with senior players who are not your ideal models surrounding you, one can tend to fall astray. Aamir probably knows that he is one of the next big things in world cricket, and easily has a bright future. Why would he want to jeopardise that?

Lawson stated (on cricinfo, I think) that one of the selectors were threatened that their daughter would be kidnapped if a certain player was not part of the team. One of the selectors at that time, Salahuddin Salu (I am not sure of the spelling) said today on an interview, that he heard that rumour too, and said it wasnt him as he doesnt have a daughter, but the other selectors with him did. I would like to mention there are rumours in the media, that the players may have been threatened to do this, as the people behind this are likely to be part of a mafia or a big gang. A big can of worms are being opened throughout this investigation and its more than likely, that we may never find anything concrete in this.

I am not saying that the three are innocent or should be let off, they are definetly involved to a degree, all I am saying its not as simple as being guilty or not. Theres more to it and before making the right judgement, we must look at both sides of the story and make sure the right punishment is given.

the more you post comments like that the more it makes people wanna laugh at you,
how old are you anyway?

and it shows just how disgruntled and unhappy you are by posting these snide remarks

Sense of humor fail.

Also reality fail because while I say those in jest, there is no shortage of people who believe garbage like that. (PakPassion)

Even giving one iota of credibility to ANY conspiracy theory, is as bad as blaming it on something ridiculous.

Its flingING VIDEO! He called the 3 no-balls and they bowled them.

It would have been one thing if they fessed up and asked for mercy, but they have no shame or dignity.

Ban the lot, ban them all.

Also, if you want we can put up a poll and see who people are laughing at. I think the results will surprise you, but then again the voting will probably be "rigged" by some other new conspiricy

Last edited by a moderator:

how old are you anyway?

International Cricket Council President Sharad Pawar, an Indian national and Scotland Yard are making futile efforts to involve Pakistanis players in spot-fixing with the yearn desire of 2-3 years ban on Pakistan for taking part in International cricket events; reveal the investigations of The Daily Mail.
These investigations indicate that pre-set drama reveals that ICC chief and its members, The News of the World and notorious Indian intelligence agency RAW were the mastermind behind all this planned mess with special focus on putting the career of new teenage pace sensation of Pakistan Muhammad Aamir at stake who emerging as main threat to the batsmen across the world in the coming years.
Read more here

The Daily Mail - Daily News from Pakistan - Newspaper from Pakistan

boney_g added 5 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Sense of humor fail.

Also reality fail because while I say those in jest, there is no shortage of people who believe garbage like that. (PakPassion)

Even giving one iota of credibility to ANY conspiracy theory, is as bad as blaming it on something ridiculous.

Its flingING VIDEO! He called the 3 no-balls and they bowled them.

It would have been one thing if they fessed up and asked for mercy, but they have no shame or dignity.

Ban the lot, ban them all

What type of ban do you want for them? 1 month, 3 months or 6 months life ban lol. :laugh

I am not claiming conspiracy. I am saying that it might be simply unethical tactics for a story.

I don't really want to be all "you just won't get it." but I don't think the non-UK posters will appreciate how awful the UK tabloids are. We have the most unscrupulous media in the world and the tabloids are the worst of the worst AND the news of the world is probably the worst of the tabloids. All in all this is probably one of the most disreputable popular media sources in the world and that does have some bearing on the case. Pakistans players clearly took money for spot-fixing, but I think it's important to learn the details.

for example, Notw will get to combine giving evidence with standing accused in their own trial. again News of the World faces fresh phone hacking charge | Media | The Guardian

Last edited:
ICC have done the right thing by suspending the three idiots. I for one do not buy this conspiracy theory crap. Its time that we face our demons as a nation. Corruption is rampant in our society and its basically stems from the top. The reason for enormity of corruption has been our non-adherence to democracy. We have been ruled for over 30 years by our military. Due to this intrusion our democracy has not fledged. Resultantly our systems to combat corruption are still not fully developed. When some development takes place, the whole thing devolves due to military intervention. I am sure Pakistan has capacity to be a normal society but for that systems have to develop. Until then we will be seeing a lot of such controversies. The best we can do now is to stop blaming others (jews, indians, west) for our problems.

sami ullah khan added 4 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Pakistani media is worse than Fox News :laugh

I have seen a lot of both and I can assure you, Bill O Reilly is the biggest ███████ in all of the world media.

Well I dont really know about the integrity of the videos, and work must be done to find out what the truth really is. I personally feel that there was some sort of fixing involved but it has been blown out of proportion by the media.

The most ridiculous comment I`ve heard so far. I agree you are hurt that your players have been alleged of cheating. However, if you feel this is only `some sort of fixing` and not enough to have raised alarm bells, you are being foolish. We should not tolerate any sort of fixing in cricket. If at all any issue needed to be blown out of proportion by the media, it is this. No way we can have cheats in our game.

I`m disappointed with the attitude being shown by the Pakistani officials and the board here. At a time when they could`ve set an example by taking a no-nonsense stand and sorting the mess out, they have resorted to going into denial mode. I`m sorry to say, if these guys get away lightly, I won`t be following Pakistan`s matches in the future. This is pure ridiculous, whatever is going on at the moment. Some officials have gone as far as to call all of them innocent. What will they come up with next , "Mazhar Majeed is a philanthropist who was trying to generate funds for the floods back home."

It kind of reminds me the denial mode that the Pakistani head of state went into after the Mumbai attacks in 2008 even after a terrorist was caught alive.

As samiullah_khan said, its high time Pakistani administration, both in cricket and those managing the country start becoming accountable and taking corrective actions. The `we are not wrong` approach is`nt going to help, nor will the conspiracy theories which come up involving the Jews, Americans and the Indians. I`m no Pakistan hater. India, as a country cannot afford Pakistan to be in a state of mess.

Last edited:
BKB1991 said:
One of my cousins knows Salman Butts family personally and he was telling me today, that they are one of the better off families in Pakistan. I dont mean they are enormously rich or something, but have more than average family with a stable background. He is just a newly elected captain, and why would one start fixing in his first month of captaincy? Pretty much all the previous players who were involved in match fixing where already established players first.

I think there can be an explanation to this. Pakistani players are one of the most ill-paid in today's world. They don't have the IPL to earn big bucks, can't take part in the Champions League with the reason being totally political, and have a corrupted and financially weak PCB calling all the shots for them. When you see your friends making ten times more the money compared to you by putting forth ten times less the effort compared to you, it's bound to exert a negative influence, regardless of the family you're hailing from.

At the same time, the cricketers are seeing with their own eyes the way corrupted government personnels, officers, and even ministers, including the President, are getting away with flouting the law and indulging in mass corruption, with there being no exemplary punishment doled out to any of them. So, basically, the idea that is being passed on is that in this social structure, you can get away with any crime whatsoever- you just need to have the right connections for that. This is bound to influence anybody, especially if he's of a young age. When the laws are lax and authorities toothless, there will be corruption, and there will be a young generation going astray by seeing corrupted people being let off lightly. And this is true with many countries, not just Pakistan. More than the players, I blame the system.

Last edited:
^You are absolutely right about players beginning to think they can get away with murder just like all the government officials, military and bureaucracy. As long as there is no rule of law, such incidents will occur and recur. Pakistan needs to stick with democracy and needs the support the world to stay on path of democracy especially that of the western world because they are the first to legitimize military dictators for furthering their own interest.

^You are absolutely right about players beginning to think they can get away with murder just like all the government officials, military and bureaucracy. As long as there is no rule of law, such incidents will occur and recur. Pakistan needs to stick with democracy and needs the support the world to stay on path of democracy especially that of the western world because they are the first to legitimize military dictators for furthering their own interest.

The need of the hour is for someone of the stature of an Imran Khan to head some sort of an interim committee. Also, the Pakistani president should have nothing to do with the selection of the team or how the board runs. Please clean up the way the PCB gets elected and make it a democratic process. Sure, democracy will not make it all hunky dory in a couple of days but it will do more good than harm. Even democracy has its share of corrupt officials but thats the only way forward. Just have a look at the story of India and Pakistan over the last 60 years. Resource-wise or geography-wise, there is very little difference between the two nations. The people of both countries are basically very much of the same nature. However, if you look at the progress and development front, India is one of the fastest growing economies and a trillion dollar economy whereas Pakistan with the crappy dictatorial regimes has never been given a chance to develop for a sustained period of time. I would not deny the fact that there is as much corruption in the democratic system in India but still, it has helped us develop and with more and more educated people voting, elections are being fought over development issues and not trivial religious issues anymore.

Eijaz Butt needs to be go away for good.

aditya123 said:
The need of the hour is for someone of the stature of an Imran Khan to head some sort of an interim committee.

My Pakistani friends will confirm this, but IMO there's zero probability of that happening. Imran heads an opposition party which is opposed tooth and nail to the present Zardari-Gilani regime. Even had the guts to call him a corrupted crook openly in front of CNN. So, as long as Zardari stays as the President and chief 'patron' of PCB, there's no chance of Imran coming to the cricket administration.

^Imran has got a much bigger fish in his sight tbh. He wants to lead the country and is not interested all in being president of board or anything. Besides he is way too busy in collecting funds for flood victims ATM.

Users who are viewing this thread