Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

My Pakistani friends will confirm this, but IMO there's zero probability of that happening. Imran heads an opposition party which is opposed tooth and nail to the present Zardari-Gilani regime. Even had the guts to call him a corrupted crook openly in front of CNN. So, as long as Zardari stays as the President and chief 'patron' of PCB, there's no chance of Imran coming to the cricket administration.

That is precisely the reason I said that Zardari should have nothing to do with the PCB.

Yes I did a couple of days back. I think he held a conservative rally in Washington. I have not seen his programs. But I used to get Fox on our cable here in Pakistan and so I got acquainted with Mr O'reilly. His rudeness to his own guests is what really makes me want to strangle him.

Sense of humor fail.

Also reality fail because while I say those in jest, there is no shortage of people who believe garbage like that. (PakPassion)

I agree with the PakPassion comment. Funny thing is, when the fixing news broke out, everyone was calling for the head of players involved, and the players themselves acted guilty and didn't deny any allegations. But as soon as SY said there is not enough proof, a lot of PP posters stance changed to "innocent till proven guilty" just like the players themselves.

People don't realize that SY are doing a criminal investigation, ICC can still ban the players based on the evidence provided so far.

I was wondering on a humerous note if the outcome of the tribunal might be fixed so people can bet on that, but I wouldn't be surprised if they left it up to the police.

I'm guessing they won't face prison, sports stars and celebs tend to have a bit too much money and get away with murder - literally in some cases. Orange Juice anyone?

I was wondering on a humerous note if the outcome of the tribunal might be fixed so people can bet on that, but I wouldn't be surprised if they left it up to the police.

I'm guessing they won't face prison, sports stars and celebs tend to have a bit too much money and get away with murder - literally in some cases. Orange Juice anyone?

That's just a stab in the dark.....

But as soon as SY said there is not enough proof

For the eight time they have never said that! They will not comment on an ongoing case. Someone completely unrelated to the investigation said that the video alone would not be enough for a criminal conviction and since then people have been raving on about how the police say the haven't got enough evidence which is completely untrue.

People don't realize that SY are doing a criminal investigation, ICC can still ban the players based on the evidence provided so far.

This is my point exactly. The ICC have enough proof as it is to ban the players; especially if the phones records show that Asif, Butt and Amir has been in contact with Majeed.

What the heck does the High Commissioner of Pakistan think he is up to? I can imagine them not wanting for this story to turn out to be true: puts Pakistan in a bad light and all that but frankly he is just making matters worse. Anyway Amir is being questioned by the police again and they have been reported as to saying they think the video is genuine....

Just saw the press conference of Haroon Lorgat and some Ronnie guy on BBC and I must say what a waste of time that was. Why did they even bother to turn up on tv when they are not gonna reveal any of the latest news of the investigation.

What might have triggered all this was the IPL. Being shunned from Big Money IPL might have given the players a justification for fixing. Everyone else is making big money only they are not.

See it all goes back to terrorism. If pakistan would just give up all this nonsense of fighting india and like, they would improve so much as a country. They could even have had IPL franchises like North American franchises in Canada.

They werent In IPL where guys like Akmal and Aamir and Asif, though i dont think anyone would pick Butt, didnt make any money, so they justified this direction. I know what its like to be left out, you begin to justify immoral behaviour.

What might have triggered all this was the IPL. Being shunned from Big Money IPL might have given the players a justification for fixing. Everyone else is making big money only they are not.
The same thing Aamer told to the Sport Minister of Pakistan before the England tour.

wha?!? source please

Bottome line is, Amer, Asif are done. Butt was never of any use really, so losing him doesnt hurt. Probably Akmals are done too, they will be the other two out of the seven.

Pakistan will end up recalling Malik, and Younis for the world cup. They might not make it out of group stages

and life goes on

^Imran has got a much bigger fish in his sight tbh. He wants to lead the country and is not interested all in being president of board or anything. Besides he is way too busy in collecting funds for flood victims ATM.
And rightly so. There's a reason why cricket administrations don't often get the best pickings. It's not difficult to have more important things to do.

See it all goes back to terrorism. If pakistan would just give up all this nonsense of fighting india and like, they would improve so much as a country. They could even have had IPL franchises like North American franchises in Canada.

They werent In IPL where guys like Akmal and Aamir and Asif, though i dont think anyone would pick Butt, didnt make any money, so they justified this direction. I know what its like to be left out, you begin to justify immoral behaviour.

Why aren't Bangladeshi players doing it then? IPL is just 3 years old. How were they earning money before IPL came into existence. And not every cricketer plays in IPL. Its just an excuse nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread