SPY remover

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Info for you, hope it helps, sorry couldnt find specific removal instructions, but try deleteing the registry entries mentioned below as well as deleting the file

Download.Fugif is a Trojan horse that downloads remote files from predetermined Web sites. The Trojan uses alternate data streams to hide its presence on the compromised computer.

When Download.Fugif is executed, it performs the following actions:
  1. Create a copy of itself as an alternate data stream called %System%\ [4 RANDOM LETTERS].dll and attaches it to the systems folder.

Note: %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).
  2. Adds the value:

"(Default)" = "%System%:[4 RANDOM LETTERS].dll"

to the registry subkey:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\(DAA873D4-958C-453C-81CA-3FE6F3676A87)\InprocServer32
  3. Creates the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\(DAA873D4-958C-453C-81CA-3FE6F3676A87)
  4. Downloads and executes a file named get.gif from one of the following URLs:
    • u45.cx/[REMOVED]/z
    • u46.cx/[REMOVED]/z
    • u47.cx/[REMOVED]/z
    • u48.cx/[REMOVED]/z

Note: At the time of writing, the above file was not accessible.

Last edited:

aryan_6668

Club Cricketer
hey man Kevmead
if i turn automatic updates on would it harm my pc.
is it safe to keep automatic update on?

sid_19840

International Coach
My comp keeps giving unwanted ads and when i, playing games it returns me to the desktop often frm which I have to use the taskbar to resume the game again,can someone tell me what to do,any softwares etc that can remove the prob,pls give me a link as well.

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
kevmead said:
Info for you, hope it helps, sorry couldnt find specific removal instructions, but try deleteing the registry entries mentioned below as well as deleting the file

Download.Fugif is a Trojan horse that downloads remote files from predetermined Web sites. The Trojan uses alternate data streams to hide its presence on the compromised computer.

When Download.Fugif is executed, it performs the following actions:
  1. Create a copy of itself as an alternate data stream called %System%\ [4 RANDOM LETTERS].dll and attaches it to the systems folder.

Note: %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).
  2. Adds the value:

"(Default)" = "%System%:[4 RANDOM LETTERS].dll"

to the registry subkey:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\(DAA873D4-958C-453C-81CA-3FE6F3676A87)\InprocServer32
  3. Creates the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\(DAA873D4-958C-453C-81CA-3FE6F3676A87)
  4. Downloads and executes a file named get.gif from one of the following URLs:
    • u45.cx/[REMOVED]/z
    • u46.cx/[REMOVED]/z
    • u47.cx/[REMOVED]/z
    • u48.cx/[REMOVED]/z

Note: At the time of writing, the above file was not accessible.
Oh, there's this program called hijackit or something which fixes up spyware particularly in Internet Explorer.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
aryan_6668 said:
hey man Kevmead
if i turn automatic updates on would it harm my pc.
is it safe to keep automatic update on?
I always have automatic updates turned on, I have never had any problems. If you leave it on the Malicious software tool will run automatically when there is an update. Plus security holes are plugged to help stop malware and spyware.

Users who are viewing this thread