Story Sri Lanka aim to become the best (ICC2006)

Comfortable win there for Sri Lanka. Kapugedara and Jayawardene batted quite well (to say the least) to lead them to victory. Great story Jaz! I'm looking forward to your next update.

You did it guys, well done, bit scary at the start though :o

Another nice victory, for the Lankans :) great coaching Jazy, hope you keep up the same progsees .Nice story and great presentation :clap

1st One Day Interntaional against England

Zoysa in. Vaas out.

I lost the toss and England elected to bat first.

First ball of the match and the worst start Zoysa is hit for four. In Maharoof's third over though he gets his first ODI wicket of the season as he dislodges Strauss' bails for 7 as we bowl very econominal. As Malinga is brouhgt into the attack after 18 overs the score is 59-2 he then gets his wicket we needed of Kevin Pietersen. As Malinga Increasingly frustrated in his 3rd over, he gets shah for 9, then in his next over he gets the big wicket of Marcus Trescothick for 49 runs but Unleashing the beast that is Andrew Flintoff to leave the score at 95-4 after 25 overs. As Muralitharan misfields to concede a Boundary I decide to bring him into the attack next over and he gets Flintoff for just 8 and then getting Prior for a 2 ball duck to get yet another 2 wicket maiden. As England drop to 126-8 as their last recognised batsmen goes as Malinga and co wrap up the tail. A great bowling performance once again leaves England only getting 141 All Out with Malinga getting 4-51 and Muralitharan getting 3-24.

Needing not much we are quite confident but we start all wrong with Sanath Jayasuriya again not reaching double figures as he goes for 9 and soon after Kapugedera is run out for 10 as we begin to crumble under no pressure whatsover to now having some pressure. We end up on 68-2 off 25 overs needing 74 off the last 25 overs at 3.0 an over. As we increase the run rate the wickets total stays at only 2 as Kumar Sangakkara hits a beautiful cover drive which unfortunatly only gets a 2 brings up yet another victory to add to our unbeaten record. Giving us another 8 wicket win as Kumar Sangakkara gets 82* and Mahela Jayawardene gets 30* as we get 142-2 with just over 10 overs to spare. Another comprehensive win there as we end up 1-0 in the series.

1stodi.jpg

Another comfortable win for Sri Lanka. Sagakkara looks to be in very good touch. Keep it up Jaz!

Sangakkara,Malinga and Murali all ace there, going well:)

I think you should as he is just not supplying the goods.

I think you should keep him in the team but it isn't necessary to play him in every match. Although, I guess you could keep coaching for him going for a while. The problem is, he doesn't have age on his side so if you do find a better younger player in the domestic circuit, you could replace Sanath Jayasuriya with him.

How about trying Dilshan in middle order and pushing Jayawardena up to open :)

Well why don't you experiment by putting one of the middle-order batsmen to opening. e.g: Kapugedara or Chamara Silva? :)

Chamara Silva may I just say has not been selected in the 18 after just before I was selecting he was scheduled to be out for 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread