Sri Lanka vs India 1st Test 2008

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You can register here. Deadline is on 23 July 2008 on 04:45 GMT.

Sri Lanka Squad

Mahela Jayawardene (c)
Tillakaratne Dilshan (batting allrounder)
Prasanna Jayawardene (wk)
Chamara Kapugedera
Nuwan Kulasekara
Ajantha Mendis
Muttiah Muralitharan
Thilan Samaraweera
Kumar Sangakkara
Chamara Silva
Thilan Thushara
Chaminda Vaas (bowling allrounder)
Michael Vandort
Malinda Warnapura (batting allrounder)

India Squad

Anil Kumble (captain, bowling allrounder)
Rahul Dravid
Gautam Gambhir
Sourav Ganguly (batting allrounder)
Harbhajan Singh
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Zaheer Khan
VVS Laxman
Pragyan Ojha
Munaf Patel
Parthiv Patel (wk)
Virender Sehwag (batting allrounder)
Ishant Sharma
Rohit Sharma
RP Singh
Sachin Tendulkar (batting allrounder)

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/slvind/content/squad?object=343726

Thanks for Creating Zahid.
This should be an easy Pick.I have picked 6 Srilankan player and 5 Indian player.
though tried to pick balance team and nearly got 8 srilankan players. :p

At the moment I am thinking of excluding Tendulkar. Ganguly has no spot in my team so far, but I don't know who to drop.

I wanted to choose between Vandort and Warnapura. I chose Vandort and he failed. I also replaced Zaheer Khan with Harbhajan Singh. So far that hasn't worked. Also Sangakkara didn't do anything for me.

I wanted to choose between Vandort and Warnapura. I chose Vandort and he failed. I also replaced Zaheer Khan with Harbhajan Singh. So far that hasn't worked. Also Sangakkara didn't do anything for me.

I have none of the openers, none of the bowlers and Sangakkara failed. Not looking too good.

Well bowling there is much to go on given only 2 wickets have fallen and most of the days play was lost to rain.

One day before the match started I already noticed rain would interrupt this match, so it's no surprise for me. And apart from the Jayawardene's I don't have any Sri Lankan batsmen left who can score for me. I've got two Sri Lankan bowlers, but I don't think they will score that much.

Man this time am out of it, what gave me the idea to pick RP Singh is still beyond my thinking, must have confused this with an ODI. So am already down to 10 men, plus a Captain who did not score much, and I just don't see both teams batting twice on this dead beat wicket. :(

Well considering Jayawardene scored a hundred I'm not doing so bad, but Sangakarra really dissapointed me. :noway

Harbhajan got a wicket . . . not so good as I was expecting him to take five. :(

Now all my chaces of coming close to winning depend on my captain . . . Murali! :happy

I expect Ganguly to score big as he has always been a great player of spin. Sachin is a great player of anything, and Dravid is a great player of pace so I'm counting on Sachin scoring a hundred and Sourav and Dravid both scoring 70s or 80s.

Tricky, since I'm also counting on Murali to rip through the Indian top order.:p

I actually thought this would be a bowling wicket. Jayawardene scored a century and I didn't select him as bonus player. I will need Muralitharan and Mendis to grab a lot of wickets. It will be best for me if India follows on. Warnapura is the biggest miss, because like I said I was doubting between Vandort and him.

Surely no one managed to fit in Samaraweera? Either way I'm in a good position after that day. Just missing Sharma.

Users who are viewing this thread