Sri Lanka's tour of Pakistan 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sangakkara is out for 70 runs. I don't understand why Sohail Khan is still bowling. Of 10 overs he cost 64 runs. And that in a Test match.

Also check out the current runrate. If Sri Lanka keeps going this way, the will have about 400 runs at the end of the day.

Sri Lanka 185/3 (40.0 ov)
Sri Lanka RR 4.62

Geez SL is absolutely gunning it against Pakistan. 300 up after 66 overs, could well clock up 400 at this rate.

To be honest, the bowling was not at all impressive. I only thought that Indian bowling was like that earlier.. It seems, they have a good competition in that too :p In particular, Gul.. Completely not impressive. Even there was some crap fielding. Pakistan need frontline strikers like Akthar and Asif!:onpc

Right, I am going to stone the Pakistani selector's houses now instead.

Faisal Iqbal will probably make a fighting 50 on this batsman's paradise so he can fail for another three tests and still manage to keep Fawad Alam out of the side.

Danish Kaneria will clean up the tail to finish with 5 for 180 and retain his place in the team for another 3 years.

The Pakistan selectors have to stop settling for mediocrity from their players, if a player is not performing he should be dropped.

Abdur Rehmen was dropped from the test team after getting smacked around in a couple of one day matches. If getting smacked around in a couple of meaningless one dayers is enough to get you dropped from the test team then why is Danish Kaneria still being picked?

All Pakistan can get out of this game now is a high scoring draw so we can all bemoan the lack of life in subcontinental pitches again.

Damn. Sehwag and Company would have feasted on these pie chuckers. Bad move by the Indian govt.

Damn. Sehwag and Company would have feasted on these pie chuckers. Bad move by the Indian govt.
Exactly, I can't believe you decided not to tour. Honestly, Tendulkar needs to add another 10 runs to his batting average so he's a legend of test match cricket as well as ODIs

Looks like a classic Pakistan draw in progress, but Pakistan haven't got the mightiest team. It is decidedly lacking in moustaches and beards. Perhaps they will collapse and fail to put enough runs on the board.

Last edited:
What the hell is Bhanja doing in this team?

What did he do to get over Fawad Alam and Asim Kamal?

ffs, we're making England look like Superstars here. :p

Exactly, I can't believe you decided not to tour. Honestly, Tendulkar needs to add another 10 runs to his batting average so he's a legend of test match cricket as well as ODIs

Probably! Yeah. Sachin missed out on those easy freebies which the likes of Afretard, malik, warneria, and Shoaib would have chucked.

Shoaib Maliks action is really suspicious. Looks like a blatant chucker in my eyes. (Not a pie chucker) Hope the ICC looks into it :)

Last edited:
Sri Lanka will end up smoking 1000 here.

Am I the only one reminded of Jayawardene and Sangakkara's partnership against South Africa? Samaraweera's name kind of looks like Sangakkara...sort of...

Pakistani cricket looks to be going down the toilet everytime I turn around. They're as bout as weak as the Windies are now. I remember thinking a few years back when Mohammad Asif was destroying South Africa that they would be the powerhouse of world cricket in the future.

Subcontient bullies cashing in and improving their batting averages as per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread