Sri Lanka's tour of Pakistan 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking return to Test Cricket in Pakistan this. Is it possible for the Pakistani groundsmen to make something that offers anything to the bowlers? All the pitches in Pakistan seem to be flat as a die roads. It's crap. I thought Lords was bad =/ I hope Younis Khan gets out soon as well, don't want him getting anywhere near Lara's record. The ARG pitch may have been flat, but it took some brilliance from Lara to make a big score, this pitch is just ridiculously flat, as proven by the fact that 2 nothing more than average players have made double tons.

What a diabolical pitch. Khan doesn't deserve 400. This is pathetic from the Pakistani officials. They don't deserve to be playing test cricket if they keep dishing up this. But I guess they've been doing it since they started.

Has Younis Khan broken the record for the highest run's by someone in his first match as captain?

I won't be surprised if people go around saying that he did not deserve it. If its that easy to score 400 on this pitch, I would have loved to see a few more players getting to 400:rolleyes:

Khan doesn't deserve to have the highest score in test cricket simply because he isn't a good enough player to deserve it, Lara is, Hayden agruably was but Khan no. The fact that the pitch is the flattest pitch ever is the main reason he's got such a score as shown by the scores in the match so far. But well done to Khan for how he's done so far as its not easy.

Has Younis Khan broken the record for the highest run's by someone in his first match as captain?

not his 1st match as captain, he had a few matches as captain when he was Inzis VC.

These Sri Lankans better get this dude out before he has a chance to get to Laras 400.

Khan doesn't deserve to have the highest score in test cricket simply because he isn't a good enough player to deserve it, Lara is, Hayden agruably was but Khan no. The fact that the pitch is the flattest pitch ever is the main reason he's got such a score as shown by the scores in the match so far. But well done to Khan for how he's done so far as its not easy.
He averages 50 in tests:rolleyes:

Hes another subcontinental batsman who benefits from playing on largely flat pitches. His average away from Asia is nothing more than average.

Lara > Younis.

I like Younis, but I hope Lara's record stays in tact.

What a diabolical pitch. Khan doesn't deserve 400. This is pathetic from the Pakistani officials. They don't deserve to be playing test cricket if they keep dishing up this. But I guess they've been doing it since they started.
You do know the track Lara scored his 400 on was just as flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread