Sri Lanka's tour of Pakistan 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont get it,
cos it is a pakistani player it seems he doesnt deserve to go for the record,

when sehwag got dropped like 10 times on his way to 319 and the night before he got out i seem to remember everyone saying what a brilliant innings it was etc.

but now that a pakistani is on the verge of it there seems to be all thisiflat track tal

i dont get it,
cos it is a pakistani player it seems he doesnt deserve to go for the record,

when sehwag got dropped like 10 times on his way to 319 and the night before he got out i seem to remember everyone saying what a brilliant innings it was etc.

but now that a pakistani is on the verge of it there seems to be all thisiflat track tal

BCCI and ICC are behind this :)

i am telling you man...13 is bad luck!! every time i see a batsman score 13, or has the # 13 on their runs, i go "ok he will be out..." and they barely proves me wrong

great innings by him...i'm glad he didn't score like 380 or 390 and then got out, that would have hurt..either way, those who discard his achievement because of flat wicket, should know that all these big scores have been made on flat wickets...Lara didn't make 400 on a bowling paradise.. he did on the flattest of all flat wickets..

Lara over-rated? The true rant of a person who is both ignorant and rude to International Cricket.

Lara is a pure legend, he could put a shot out of any ball. He had strengths in his game that Younus can only dream about. His strength on the back-foot, remembering the size of the man, was awesome. Kevin Pietersen is a tall fella, and good on the hook/pull shots, but Lara, probably a almost a half a foot underneath him would put the same shot out of the bag which much more power and meaning.

In no way can Lara's name be disgraced. And those who do it are ignorant and are just pure and utter idiots who only support their county and cannot see further than it.
I was speaking statistically.

I know the shots Lara can play are much more magnificent than Younus Khan can ever play.

Geez, I wasn't saying Younus Khan is the most beautiful exquisite player alive.

Everybody needs to take a chill pill

zMario added 10 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Pakistan 765-6 declared

It may have beena flat track but they were consistent for so long - hugs from everyone to Kamran Akmal who made 158 off 184 not out

Also Yasir Arafat getting a maiden test 50, which lead to the declaration

Pakistan lead by 121.

I think that's proof of the nature of the pitch, if Kamran Akmal can score a hundred on that track, then you know it's flat as anything. Good innings from Younis Khan though, anyone who scores a triple ton has done well, just glad he got nowhere near Lara's record!

You know Mario am not even going to getting on this issue, with you comparing Khan to Lara, his 58 test to Lara's 131 and you talk about statistics. Dan, Dare and all the other guys in here need not even expound on Lara's ability nor greatness in the game, the same statistics you speak of, do just that "they speak for themselves", sure I respect Khan, he is a good player, but he and Lara is like chalk and cheese as they say, simply no contest, period.
Am not going to talk about flat wickets and all the other useless issues that you would or will raise, truth be told, anyone can compare Khan to Lara, facts be known Younis Khan, not now or to come will be able to match or surpass Brian Lara's talent or ability in the game.

You know Mario am not even going to getting on this issue, with you comparing Khan to Lara, his 58 test to Lara's 131 and you talk about statistics. Dan, Dare and all the other guys in here need not even expound on Lara's ability nor greatness in the game, the same statistics you speak of, do just that "they speak for themselves", sure I respect Khan, he is a good player, but he and Lara is like chalk and cheese as they say, simply no contest, period.
Am not going to talk about flat wickets and all the other useless issues that you would or will raise, truth be told, anyone can compare Khan to Lara, facts be known Younis Khan, not now or to come will be able to match or surpass Brian Lara's talent or ability in the game.
I was just pointing out some interesting statistics because King Pietersen said Younus can't play outside of Asia, when he averages more than Lara in England and Australia.

Geez, I don't think Younus is a better player. He has years and years to go to EVER come even close to that.

Just to correct you at one point, you cannot predict the future;)

I think that's proof of the nature of the pitch, if Kamran Akmal can score a hundred on that track, then you know it's flat as anything. Good innings from Younis Khan though, anyone who scores a triple ton has done well, just glad he got nowhere near Lara's record!
You do know Kamran Akmal scored a 100 on a green pitch?

Took Pakistan from 39/6 to 245 on the most green pitch in Pakistan against India...

Hmm.

Anyway, IF Pakistan miraculously win this, I will take Younus's innings because it helped the team win.

Accuse me of whatever, but the difference between the innings is that Younus has allowed Pakistan the chance to win the game. Possibly a 1% chance to win, but there's a chance, and 3 wickets are down.

Of course, Lara's batmanship was better, but which innings will I take? The one that will help my team win, thats for sure.

zMario added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Just to reiterate - my point is I felt that Lara batted for too long, and took the chance of the West Indies easily crushing England away, and led the game to a draw. Younus said he was gonna declare no matter what with about 45-50 overs so Pakistan has a lead, and has a chance to win the game.

But to each his own.

Jason Gillespie scored a double hundred, 1 innings doesn't make a player. Kamran Akmal is a rubbish batsman. He only averages 31 in Test Cricket, and he plays alot of his cricket on the roads of Pakistan. Away from Pakistan he only averages 24, and if you take out his runs in Asia, he struggles even more. An average of 19 from 16 Test Matches outside Asia, with a top score of 58. He's rubbish.

Younis was not going to declare if he was close to Lara's record. It's not a result pitch, and there's no way he can hope for a result with the Pakistan bowling attack. If Mendis, Murali and Vaas can't bowl Pakistan out, then Gul and Tanvir aren't going to bowl Sri Lanka out in 50 overs.

Lara's side had been dominated for the whole series, and he was just trying to allow his side to avoid defeat, and that's what he did. The ARG's generally a fairly flat track as well, and wasn't seen as a result track. As if you'd declare if you were nearing a world record as well, if there's a chance for you to break the world record, you'd take it.

And KX, I can predict the future, Younis Khan will NEVER be as good as Brian Lara. Fact.

First of all King Pietersen, Younus Khan is a team man. He said he would declare even if he was close to the record because he is a team man. History proves that, so please stop looking in your faulty predictor.

And guess what? 3 wickets have already fallen to Gul and Arafat (run out)

And Tanvir isn't even playing this game, I have never talked to someone so ignorant (and pretends he knows what he's talking about)

Lara's team made 700?!

Surely he would realize by 550-600 that his team isn't gonna lose the game in all likeliness.

And I would declare, if it meant my team winning. Some of us want our country to win. Others want to work for personal achievement.

Be who you wish to be, but if KP is nearly a world record, but declaring means England probably winning then we'll see what you do :)

zMario added 11 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Also KP, you questioned the nature of the pitch because Kamran Akmal scored runs on it, therefore implying that it is a very flat pitch (true) and that Kamran Akmal cannot play on a green pitch.

Simple as that. Kamran also has runs in Australia, and 100s on the spin wickets of India against all-time legendary great spinner Harbhajahn Singh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread