Sri Lanka's tour of Pakistan 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I presumed 'Sohail' was Sohail Tanvir when I looked at the scorecard yesterday. Also, I know 3 wickets have fallen, but neither of them are great players, 2 unproven in the Test arena, and 1 average player. The 2 actual class Sri Lankan batsmen, Jayawardene and Sangakkara are scoring with relative ease if the scorecard's to be believed, especially Sangakkara.

Younis Khan is a twat then, this is NOT a result pitch, and if you honestly believe he'd have declared if he was 350* with 50 overs left in the day then you're the ignorant one. Pakistan don't have a chance to win this game, it's a road of a pitch. Akmal and Samaraweera scoring big hundreds proves that.

Also, if KP had a chance to break a world record I'd like to see him go for it. Pietersen scores quickly enough to be able to reach the landmark quickly anyway, so allowing him to go through to the world record would be fine. Even if it gives England a lower chance of winning I'd still like to have seen him go for it.

ROFL, you call me ignorant. Akmal's record in Australia is woeful. 3 Tests, 77 runs, top score of 47, average of 12.83. He's scored runs in Australia, just not bloody many of them. His runs in India came in draws as well, with alot of runs scored in both games. Akmal's rubbish.

Last edited:
Got him!

Jayawardene goes to an EXCELLENT ball by Danish Kaneria and well taken by Faisal Iqbal!

Kaneria has performed alot better than Mendis and Murali in this test...

Hmm. Home conditions I guess :)

zMario added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Meh, I presumed 'Sohail' was Sohail Tanvir when I looked at the scorecard yesterday. Also, I know 3 wickets have fallen, but neither of them are great players, 2 unproven in the Test arena, and 1 average player. The 2 actual class Sri Lankan batsmen, Jayawardene and Sangakkara are scoring with relative ease if the scorecard's to be believed, especially Sangakkara.

Well Jayawardene is out

Younis Khan is a twat then, this is NOT a result pitch, and if you honestly believe he'd have declared if he was 350* with 50 overs left in the day then you're the ignorant one. Pakistan don't have a chance to win this game, it's a road of a pitch. Akmal and Samaraweera scoring big hundreds proves that.
Pakistan don't seem to be ready to give up - they aren't ending the game early (with 1 hour to go on Day 5), so Younus Khan will be refusing Jayawardene's request

Also, if KP had a chance to break a world record I'd like to see him go for it. Pietersen scores quickly enough to be able to reach the landmark quickly anyway, so allowing him to go through to the world record would be fine. Even if it gives England a lower chance of winning I'd still like to have seen him go for it.

Well then, that just shows the difference between you and me. I want to see my team play and win. I guess you're more interested in individual achievements. Like I said earlier, to each his own

ROFL, you call me ignorant. Akmal's record in Australia is woeful. 3 Tests, 77 runs, top score of 47, average of 12.83. He's scored runs in Australia, just not bloody many of them. His runs in India came in draws as well, with alot of runs scored in both games. Akmal's rubbish.

Well I meant ODI cricket - Kamran made 125 in Australia

Oh, and Akmal's runs in India were match-saving. All of his 100s in India were match saving.

But whatever, you are ignorant, and you do know that. :)

Anyway, good day to you.

Wasim Jaffer scored a double hundred in 1 of those games where Akmal scored a hundred. So if he was needed to save the game, it just shows how bad Pakistan truely are! Jaffer's an awful batsman and he made a double ton on that pitch.

Also, 1 hundred in Australia proves nothing. He still only averaged 26, and his hundred came against West Indies, not Australia. Against Australia he averaged 5, with a top score of 12. I'd probably look at the stats properly before using them in your post ;)

There's an hour to go, Sri Lanka still have 6 wickets in hand, and only trail by 17. There is no chance that there will be a result on this pitch, and if there is it'll take an absolute miracle, with Pakistan needing to take 6 wickets for about 40 runs in the space of half an hour. Not going to happen. Keep dreaming though ;)

Last edited:
Wasim Jaffer scored a double hundred in 1 of those games where Akmal scored a hundred. So if he was needed to save the game, it just shows how bad Pakistan truely are! Jaffer's an awful batsman and he made a double ton on that pitch.

Also, 1 hundred in Australia proves nothing. He still only averaged 26, and his hundred came against West Indies, not Australia. Against Australia he averaged 5, with a top score of 12. I'd probably look at the stats properly before using them in your post ;)

There's an hour to go, Sri Lanka still have 6 wickets in hand, and only trail by 17. There is no chance that there will be a result on this pitch, and if there is it'll take an absolute miracle, with Pakistan needing to take 6 wickets for about 40 runs in the space of half an hour. Not going to happen. Keep dreaming though ;)
I never said it was gonna happen - but you have to give yourself a chance to win ;)

And Steve Davis is just... not a very good umpire

4 plumb decisions turned down in this game (1 just now, but in total 3 against Pakistan, 1 against Sri Lanka)

Wish Taufel was at his end instead :p

zMario added 3 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

KANERIA GETS HIS MAN!!!!

And King Pietersen said this is as flat as possible - surely, its not possible that Mendis and Murali bowled badly or Pakistan played well.

ITS 120/5.

Great ball Danish Kaneria! Excellent ball Kaneria. And the proper decision (finally) by umpire Taufel!

This game isn't over yet.

There were over 1000 runs scored in the 2 sides first innings combined. Kamran Akmal made a big hundred, Thilan Samaraweera scored a double hundred, Younis Khan scored a triple ton, the pitch is as flat as anything, and any claims otherwise are ludicrous. As I said, there won't be a result here. There are 40odd minutes left, and you still need 5 wickets, and then knock off the runs. Not going to happen.

Not going to reply to the post about Akmal's record in Australia? ;)

Just one question Dan. Hasn't KP ever played on a flat pitch?? If yes, then how many times has he got a triple ton??

i think king pieterson has some serious issues he needs to deal wit,
damn thats a lotta hate to be expressing on a forum

gambino added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

have you seen jaffers record vs england?

he's upset because his favorite player wasn't capable of captaining the team for more than 6 months, so he's letting his anger out here.

i think king pieterson has some serious issues he needs to deal wit,
damn thats a lotta hate to be expressing on a forum

It's not a matter of hate, I just don't rate alot of the current Pakistani players. Yousuf is one of the few Pakistani batsmen I actually rate, and he's now decided to bugger off and play in the ICL. Younis Khan's average is massively inflated by his record in Pakistan, Bangladesh and India. He only averages 40 overall outside Asia. He's nothing more than an average batsman. Then Kamran Akmal who frankly is woeful and wouldn't get near most other international sides, his batting record again is awful.

have you seen jaffers record vs england?

Yes I have, have you? 8 matches, 484 runs at an average of 30.87 all together against England. Then in England he does even worse, 5 matches, 224 runs at an average of 24.40. Jaffer's crap, and a the epitomy of a flat-track bully.

Ali_ed, I've only read 1 of your posts, and judging from that alone, I can tell you're a moron. Why the hell would I be taking my 'anger' out on Pakistan? The whole captaincy thing didn't bother me either, KP obviously wasn't the right man for the job atm, he'll captain England again though, I'm sure of that.

It's not a matter of hate, I just don't rate alot of the current Pakistani players. Yousuf is one of the few Pakistani batsmen I actually rate, and he's now decided to bugger off and play in the ICL. Younis Khan's average is massively inflated by his record in Pakistan, Bangladesh and India. He only averages 40 overall outside Asia. He's nothing more than an average batsman. Then Kamran Akmal who frankly is woeful and wouldn't get near most other international sides, his batting record again is awful.

Yes I have, have you? 8 matches, 484 runs at an average of 30.87 all together against England. Then in England he does even worse, 5 matches, 224 runs at an average of 24.40. Jaffer's crap, and a the epitomy of a flat-track bully.

Ali_ed, I've only read 1 of your posts, and judging from that alone, I can tell you're a moron. Why the hell would I be taking my 'anger' out on Pakistan? The whole captaincy thing didn't bother me either, KP obviously wasn't the right man for the job atm, he'll captain England again though, I'm sure of that.
the point you're missing is that while most other triple centuries in this decade were made in 1st innings or with no pressure,

younis had the responsibility of the whole team riding on his back as he is the only test class batsman.
no matter how flat the track is when you are facing nearly 650 runs you are under serous pressure especially when murali and mendis are bowling.
not saying its the best innings ever butyou cant deny hm some credit for this innings seriously

He's a moron? LOOK WHO THE HELL IS TALKING.

Wow.

Just go watch KP bat on the "seaming" and "testing" Lord's pitch.

6 draws in its last 6 tests? Hmm.

Akmal scored a match winning ton on a greentop after his side had lost 3 wickets in the first over.

3 tests in Australia is hardly enough matches to give a definitive judgement on someone's ability, especially when they were young and inexperienced at the time.

He may not be great, but he is better than Prior and Ambrose, they drop catches too you know, it's just that Pakistanis are more prone to fire up when one of their players fails.

Some people have said they don't rate Younis Khan because he hasn't scored runs in Australia, but an average in the 40's is nothing to be sneazed at, and he wasn't even anywhere near his peak as a player then.

Sure, some players have inflated records due to batting on flat pitches, but it doesn't mean they are crap.

We'll see how these "crap" players fare next time they tour Australia, but I suppose whatever they do will just be written off because of Australia's "useless" bowling attack.

Someone who thinks KP will be a good captain calling someone else a moron...interesting...

I think it's time we all took our medication.

Last edited:
Matt Prior's far better than Kamran Akmal. He's not dropped a catch since he came back into the side, and he's a MUCH better batsman. I'd even rate Tim Ambrose ahead of Akmal, and I don't rate Ambrose at all. He's a very solid keeper Ambrose, and he's got a Test hundred, and that was in a dire situation for England, where he and Pietersen gave England a chance to get a result. 1 Akmal innings proves nothing, his record is dire, outside Pakistan and India he's got a woeful record. An average of 18 against Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies and Sri Lanka. Ambrose even has a better record than that.

I never said Younis was crap. Akmal is.

KP will be a good captain. He didn't do a bad job as England captain. We beat South Africa 4-0 in a home ODi series, and he beat SA in a Test. He was just let down by the behind the scenes stuff, and his relationship with Peter Moores. A captain's only as good as the team alongside him, he can't perform miracles, and no-one would have anymore out of that England team in India. He'll be back and be England captain again, and he'll prove everyone wrong who's called him a bad captain =D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread