Your Cricket Start of season goals

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well, seeing there is no current season goals thread i'd though I'd post one up and see what everyone's goals for the new season are.

Personally, I wish to top my effort last season in which I took 49 wickets and go on and get 50+. Taken 7 for 38 in 13.5 overs so far from two games, so well on track.

So, what are your goals?

My goal is to make the Swiss Under 17 squad for the Division 2 ICC European Championships. And then just play a lot of cricket as well. Would like to finally get some big runs and take some wickets, gonna be bowling a mixture of Off Spin and Fast this season, hopefully batting near the top of the order.

Getting into the squad is the primary goal, but to get into it, I also need to acheive the other two goals. I face a tight selection with about 5 guys gunning for just 2 places in the squad as non residents.

Finally get that half century, had a lot of 20's last season which isn't very impressive for a no.3 batsmen. To adopt a more aggressive technique, I was just a brick wall that only knew the forward defensive last season it seemed.

After achieving my goal last season of breaking in to the 2nd team and realizing it wasn't all its cracked up to be. I've decided this year it will be to help the 3rd team get promoted. 20 wickets should be achievable in the league. A significant innings from number 8 or 9 would be good because I know I can do more than either block out 10 overs or smash two boundaries and get out.

I'd like to not start the season with 4 consecutive ducks again. After 6 innings last year I had 3 runs.

Finally get that half century, had a lot of 20's last season which isn't very impressive for a no.3 batsmen. To adopt a more aggressive technique, I was just a brick wall that only knew the forward defensive last season it seemed.

This.

I'm really hoping I can continue opening or batting 6 in third grade. Goals.

Average 10+ with bat
Average <35 with ball

Setting my goals lower than the usual 20+ with bat, <20 with ball.

Bowl regularly in 3rd grade
Get selected for the rep side
Make my first 50
Aiming to be selected for 2nd grade is pushing it a bit, though.

Might start up a bit of off/pre season training soon.

Users who are viewing this thread