New update is now available:

Fix for crash that could occur playing unorthodox shots
Further AI batting tuning
Tuned starting confidence values
Tuned difficulty of catching
General stability fixes

Enjoy!

Great effort @BigAntStudios @MattW sir,

A humble request to enable all camera angles in the net& ground training modes & mini games

The absence of broadcast camera angles in there make theese training modes unplayable (redundant) for the different camera angle users...

I hope it wont be much of a hassle for you to implement, in the coming patch...

Thanks

Last edited:
Coincidence or new patch? But I just got the nicest looking LBW I've ever seen in the game. And I've bowled a lot of spin...

Superb!

That was a gem of delivery that straightens after pitching...(almost a doosra)
The LBW was as good as real with the ball kind of hitting the pads and then the bat following later...

I rarely venture outside of career mode but, since my career player is off to a T20 tournament (not my favourite), I decided to see how the new patches work in a casual test (game started with yesterday's build and continued with today's). England (me) vs New Zealand in Wellington. The pitch was dusty, pristine, hard, no cracks and I used Veteran difficulty. My usual batting ineptitude saw England all out for 258 (could have been a lot worse without a 60+ partnership for the 10th wicket). Despite the low score...I can't help but enjoy the batting experience. Any hope of demolishing New Zealand dissipated fairly rapidly as my wayward pace bowling gave them few troubles. 47 overs into their innings they are 178 for 1 (edged and caught behind...liked the reaction catch needed by the keeper even for this relatively simple take). The opening partnership was 128 and it is very difficult to find wickets. In the 47 overs of bowling I've had one bat-pad drive against pace...but I didn't have a close fielder in place to grab it...and one against spin...which I dropped. Despite the position of the match (it's day2 and already thoughts of victory are long gone) the game is playing really well. It feels more authentically like a Test match...winning is going to take skill and effort.

Obviously, I haven't put enough hours in to say for certain whether the perfect balance has been hit...but initial impressions are very positive. Thanks all.

So downloading a logo causes a CTD :-/ shouldn't have bothered

Do you want to report the issue properly so they can try and fix it (if it is actually widespread and something that can be recreated)?

No

Who reported that?

What? I guess I'm reporting. If I can't reset the academy and try again fresh I'll just uninstall the game and be done with it

No

What? I guess I'm reporting. If I can't reset the academy and try again fresh I'll just uninstall the game and be done with it

lol sorry i just realised that now that's why i deleted my original post. i thought you were complaining about an issue someone else had.

It looks like the entire gameplay is being redesigned according to the wishlist of 3-4 individuals. I noticed many people including myself have provided some good constructive feedback but they never made it to the any interim releases. For instance, excessive overthrows, bye 4s, one handed catches by fielder, batsman hits the wicket but nothing happens, full sleeve shirts, too many wide and no balls, circle fielders are not quick enough to run out batsman, overcast conditions, dynamic lineup etc.

Even if you try to stress on something you really want to see in the game, the same individuals immediately interfere as if they are only ones who are entitled to request for changes.
What an arrogant post this is. You squeal about 3-4 people getting what they want but then rant on about you not getting what YOU want. Firstly, the group of beta testers, which I am proudly part of, literally gave up their own time to test out almost every day I might add, and give thorough feedback, based on every issue on the forum. Trust me, many of them were ridiculous at times and yet BA were willing to listen and serve the community. Up until this morning we have responded to posts like yours and tested and ultimately made suggestions to BA. Your requests in the greater scheme of things are minuscule and can be ironed out later, as @Langeveldt (not a beta tester by the way) stated gameplay was and always should be key. Shot selection, AI mentality, pitch influence, edge frequency, bat pads, field placing etc are far more important than hats and sleeves...

How have you contributed to this community other than whine about what you want? Not to blow my own horn, but I have dedicated hundreds of hours to serving the community by creating teams to make the game better. You?

I agree sleeves and vest would be awesome and add a realism that we as cricket supporters crave, but... and this is a big but, the current templates and aesthetics would have not been sufficient for long sleeves. I know, I have been working on kits forever. I personally, despite my love for visual realism, which is obvious at times, prefer having BA spend valuable resources on gameplay and a cricket game, not a visual studio for petty bystanders that do not really contribute but rather whinge.

What an arrogant post this is. You squeal about 3-4 people getting what they want but then rant on about you not getting what YOU want. Firstly, the group of beta testers, which I am proudly part of, literally gave up their own time to test out almost every day I might add, and give thorough feedback, based on every issue on the forum. Trust me, many of them were ridiculous at times and yet BA were willing to listen and serve the community. Up until this morning we have responded to posts like yours and tested and ultimately made suggestions to BA. Your requests in the greater scheme of things are minuscule and can be ironed out later, as @Langeveldt (not a beta tester by the way) stated gameplay was and always should be key. Shot selection, AI mentality, pitch influence, edge frequency, bat pads, field placing etc are far more important than hats and sleeves...

How have you contributed to this community other than whine about what you want? Not to blow my own horn, but I have dedicated hundreds of hours to serving the community by creating teams to make the game better. You?

I agree sleeves and vest would be awesome and add a realism that we as cricket supporters crave, but... and this is a big but, the current templates and aesthetics would have not been sufficient for long sleeves. I know, I have been working on kits forever. I personally, despite my love for visual realism, which is obvious at times, prefer having BA spend valuable resources on gameplay and a cricket game, not a visual studio for petty bystanders that do not really contribute but rather whinge.

Damn mate, you just nuked that guy from orbit. :lol

Damn mate, you just nuked that guy from orbit. :lol
Does that mean I can do this....

upload_2017-5-16_10-56-15.png

Hey Speak for yourself mate. I cant wait for the Patch just as much as you but i would rather have a patch that is near to the vision BA want for their game and not some half baked rushed out the door patch:thumbs

Fair call . if we get to see more videos of AI gameplay . smart field settings etc i guess we can give them another month

Users who are viewing this thread