Steam update for DBC17 released

There are multiple people from Big Ant that are paid to read all the posts here, and unlike myself, they even have to put up drivel that I would ignore. I often question them about posts on here and I keep them honest - if I don't think they're taking posts seriously enough then I certainly let them know in no uncertain terms. That said, you guys sometimes hang me out to dry - I often bring up points from posts here that just aren't true or are greatly exaggerated, such posts make both you, and I, look stupid when I raise them with my guys - if you are posting an issue or having a whine then make sure you are 100% certain of your findings.

So, all posts are read, and if *we at Big Ant* feel that something absolutely needs to be put into a patch, and we have the resource to do it, then we will. The process is a considered one, the Beta group don't always get what they want either, they are certainly to be commended for their dedication to the greater cricket gaming community.

I remember 3 years ago shortly after DBC 14 was released, I made a post giving my observations and thoughts. One of which was the suggestion that the net practice be added to Career Mode as a way to increase your skills a small amount and also the possibility of starting at a different age. Now, I don't if it was as a result of my post or not, but not long afterwords both these suggestions were implemented into the game and since then I have had the greatest respect for Big Ant and their willingness to engage with and take feedback from the community.

I could never really get into DBC 14 as much as I would have liked (even though I bought 2 copies for 2 different platforms :lol) with the main reason being I absolutely sucked at it! But in 17 with the multiple ways to customise difficulty I have already put 185 hours into the game. This is a huge amount if you know my gaming habits, if I play a game for 40 hours it usually means I loved it.

So, just a personal thanks from me for making a game that I adore and continuing to work closely with the community to improve it. Don't let the trolls and idiots get you down.

Take a bow BA. Only bowled a small amount of overs on a turning deck and I've taken three wickets but they've been stumped, caught and bowled and bowled. No batpads as yet. At least none smashed off the pads.

I might be calling it early but for the moment coloured me impressed.

Not sure if this has happened previously,

Since the most recent update, i have had a couple instances, where the camera goes into slow motion for a reflex catch. But there is no circle or HUD on the screen for which to take the catch.

There are multiple people from Big Ant that are paid to read all the posts here, and unlike myself, they even have to put up drivel that I would ignore. I often question them about posts on here and I keep them honest - if I don't think they're taking posts seriously enough then I certainly let them know in no uncertain terms. That said, you guys sometimes hang me out to dry - I often bring up points from posts here that just aren't true or are greatly exaggerated, such posts make both you, and I, look stupid when I raise them with my guys - if you are posting an issue or having a whine then make sure you are 100% certain of your findings.

So, all posts are read, and if *we at Big Ant* feel that something absolutely needs to be put into a patch, and we have the resource to do it, then we will. The process is a considered one, the Beta group don't always get what they want either, they are certainly to be commended for their dedication to the greater cricket gaming community.
Thank you for taking interest in people's opinions to one read your self and two have people on pay role reading posts! Your dedication and interaction only excites me about your companies future! Now to getting you onto the next afl game lol how much you heard that lately!!

Since the most recent update, i have had a couple instances, where the camera goes into slow motion for a reflex catch. But there is no circle or HUD on the screen for which to take the catch.

yes this happened to me - i think i reported it in the beta group but i don't recall. @MattW @mikeymerren

Thank you for taking interest in people's opinions to one read your self and two have people on pay role reading posts! Your dedication and interaction only excites me about your companies future! Now to getting you onto the next afl game lol how much you heard that lately!!

Been asked that a LOT recently.... AFL was a passion project for us at BA, I go every week that I am in Melbourne and love the game, unfortunately we haven't had the opportunity to make our sequel of what I still believe is the best AFL game to date.

yes this happened to me - i think i reported it in the beta group but i don't recall. @MattW @mikeymerren

Yes absolutely

I second that...

It happened to me 3-4 times in the casual test match that I played ...
I then had to switch back to semi assisted fielding so as to not loose such catches further..

Really happy with this new update. Varied dismissals, AI shot selection has improved and none of those batpads from an attempted smash down the ground. Actually no batpads at all though a couple of close edges.

There's still an overthrow issue and manual changes to the field don't always stick, also the keeper took one miracle diving catch but overall this is a great cricket game.

Been asked that a LOT recently.... AFL was a passion project for us at BA, I go every week that I am in Melbourne and love the game, unfortunately we haven't had the opportunity to make our sequel of what I still believe is the best AFL game to date.

:yes:clapThanx is not the word for what you & your team have given to cricket game lovers with the most indepth, revolutionary & legendary games DBC 14 & now even more refinement towards realism with DBC 17...

Like AFL, I am sure even DBC 17 ( future iterations too) :thumbswould be in line to become passion project for Team BigAnt...

Its rare that game developers look into so deeply with such a thriving community's suggestions & feedback , especially on this forum, so closely with utmost patience & try to implement them...

sure to see the game being refined day by day...

Thanx is not the word

Cheers:cheers:clap

Dear BigAnt
AI batsmen getting bowled every time if we bowl middle stump line with full length.Most wickets were bowled without single lbw after the recent update. Please look into this.

Crowd is completely silent when hit ground shots for boundaries. Looks very plain.

Users who are viewing this thread