Steam update for DBC17 released

They happen on the leg side. Batsman plays what appears to be an aggressive on drive and whacks it into their leg and it pops up. It's very noticeable. You can see it whenever it happens regardless of a close fielder being there to catch it. When I've batted I've had instances where I play a similar shot, it goes into the pad and the AI appeals even though I've hit it with bat first, it usually doesn't go far. I'm not sure if they're connected.

I've had I think 1 or 2 go on the off-side from defensive shots. but the vast majority whether defensive shots or the into leg smash go to the leg side and the majority of those to silly mid-on rather than short leg.

@Dutch @blockerdave @WealeyH

Hi guys just wanted to know your thoughts on the way ai play t20s & odi's? I have heard they change field settings accordingly which sounds good but how are they when batting and also chasing totals? I have heard a lot about test matches but would love to hear how they play in the shorter format games.

Thanks to anyone that can help

Hi mate - you might want to see my post here

This was a custom 25-over format I've created and the AI (legend, hard bowling) got 230/3. it was brilliant - Gooch went off like a rocket at the beginning. Boycott defended 4 balls and was bowled on the 5th... Larkins started well, he and Amiss slowed down in the middle and really accelerated at the end.

I noticed a definite acceleration in the last 5 or 6 wickets. This was illustrated by Larkins' wicket - having played aggressively but conventionally, he was out bowled trying a dilscoop with 2 or 3 overs to go. And Amiss also started playing reverse sweeps towards the end having not played them earlier in the innings. This was a detail I thought was brilliant.

I've played a couple of these formats trying to get a good balance as it's the ODI format I'm going to play when continuing my rebel tours when the patch lands on console. One thing I noticed is that when there are 5 fielders outside the circle, the AI plays much less aggressively, this is sensible since of course there's more risk involved. With 4 outside the circle they're more inclined to go big. This is probably what accounts for the AI playing better in ODIs than T20s as @wasteyouryouth (and I think @Spoobir) have noted.

Has anyone else finding the reflex catching frustratingly difficult even on lower difficulties i.e. medium and lower? I am literally holding 1 in 20 catches.

Maybe I need to start a new competition with the newest build?

Does anyone know if bowling difficulty makes a difference to reflex catches?

Probably not possible for dbc 17, but for a future iteration of the game I think it would be nice to have a few different overlay choices, for example the current one, a retro mid 80's style and a small mid 2000's test style, what are your thoughts on this?

Does anyone know if bowling difficulty makes a difference to reflex catches?

Yes, I believe if bowling difficulty is "easy" that's equivalent to how it was before the change, and then it gets progressively shorter as you move up the difficulties.[DOUBLEPOST=1495101658][/DOUBLEPOST]
Probably not possible for dbc 17, but for a future iteration of the game I think it would be nice to have a few different overlay choices, for example the current one, a retro mid 80's style and a small mid 2000's test style, what are your thoughts on this?

I would love love love an old 80's / 90's BBC type overlay.

Well great effort by Nigeria...can only see this ending in a draw with one day to play....

20170518121449_1.jpg
20170518121453_1.jpg
20170518121455_1.jpg

3 and one chipped shot on purpose.....there were chances but as I moved one fielder out they edged right there....

I'm currently serving notice so sat in the office with bugger all to do and all I want to do is go home and play... should have brought my controller in and snuck off to a meeting room (like last week).

I played a T20 on Pro yesterday. No complaints on Batting. Late cuts are possible now if the delivery is wide and short enough.

It was KKR vs RCB, and I could only pick up 4 wickets on a Grassy pitch with Easy bowling, all were caught. The sample was too small to complain about no bowled or LBW either. They scored 165 and the pacing was spot on.

Edit: I should have added, field settings are still getting changed randomly several times. I conceded at least 3 boundaries for this. Had to set a field 3-4 times for the same delivery before it would stick.

Last edited:
Edit: I should have added, field settings are still getting changed randomly several times. I conceded at least 3 boundaries for this. Had to set a field 3-4 times for the same delivery before it would stick.

I have heard that when you manually change them and not use the default fields sometimes they don't stick. I also remember reading that the fielding issues where fixed for the default settings?

Users who are viewing this thread