Steam update for DBC17 released

Love it when a plan comes together..............
Nigeria 2 down.....about 20 overs to go....they need 100....pretty much boils down to a good old twenty20...will they go for it?

Should be 3 down...difficult chance at gulley put down!

feathered catch to the wickie....gone....game on!

Nigeria 53 for 3...16 overs to go....they need 90 odd....

64 for 4......caught at gulley.....Nigeria panicking...11 overs to go....

wickie drops a dolly!

gulley misses a difficult chance, runs for four.....its all happening!!!

[DOUBLEPOST=1495200209][/DOUBLEPOST]
Set a leg gully and give them some chin music
not getting any bounce out of the pitch...have to bowl pretty full for edges to carry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...in the end Nigeria shut op shop and straight bat and leave for the last five overs......draw...hugely enjoyable session of cricket! this is why a scenario editor would be so bloody awesome....

20170519160151_1.jpg
20170519160203_1.jpg

Forgive the piss poor phone video (can't wait to get back to making proper videos on console!) but I wanted to share this example of the fun of bodyline bowling after this patch...

As with real bodyline there's big spaces in the field so inaccurate bowling is punished but get it right and they're in trouble!
3 fielders behind leg?
How is it possible

Wow...in the end Nigeria shut op shop and straight bat and leave for the last five overs......draw...hugely enjoyable session of cricket! this is why a scenario editor would be so bloody awesome....
@Dutch I've enjoyed following this battle between two giants of the cricketing world. Looking forward to the next one.

@Dutch I've enjoyed following this battle between two giants of the cricketing world. Looking forward to the next one.
Ha ha! one of the classics between these great rivals! :p

perhaps Hong Kong versus Wales next :)

here is the current table: good wins for the Czechs and Bermuda :p

20170519161225_1.jpg

You seem to be on pc so have the latest version. So just curious what aspects of 14 do you prefer?
Variety in Bowling is one. I quite liked the Early/Late releases to adjust my length while bowling in DBC14. Another is drift while bowling spin, I have not seen any drift with the current spin mechanics. Throwing at the stumps/bowler was also nice IMO, don't know why they changed it. Also the bugs related to field changes sometimes really get on my nerves.

Completed a thrashing inside two days.

test match 2 - Album on Imgur

This was on Hard (batting), Hardest (bowling) and Veteran.

Couple of thoughts on bowling: I can fairly easily get 6 perfect jump, perfect release balls with a pace bowler. With a spinner I'm lucky get 3 good spin, perfect release. I don't think I've seen a Perfect Spin. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

Pace bowlers for the AI frequently are under pace when compared with when I use the same bowlers.

Completed a thrashing inside two days.

test match 2 - Album on Imgur

This was on Hard (batting), Hardest (bowling) and Veteran.

Couple of thoughts on bowling: I can fairly easily get 6 perfect jump, perfect release balls with a pace bowler. With a spinner I'm lucky get 3 good spin, perfect release. I don't think I've seen a Perfect Spin. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

Pace bowlers for the AI frequently are under pace when compared with when I use the same bowlers.
That is, indeed a thrashing.
I've never fully understood the bowling feedback (and have it disabled). Does hitting 'Perfect' improve the chances of the batter making a mistake or getting a wicket? Or is it just saying that you get maximum pace or revs for the ball delivered? I sometimes deliberately reduce the revs (by not getting a full rotation) when bowling spin if it is turning too much and I want to bowl a little straighter...I've no idea if this is a sensible strategy or not as I've yet to deceive a batsman with this tactic. I use a steam controller and it works really well for spin. Bowling pace is a little trickier so I am nowhere near hitting 'Perfect' consistently, I would imagine. I find it so easy to bowl wide when bowling swinging deliveries...more tweaking to the controller config and more practice needed.

View attachment 188901 View attachment 188902

That looks like a great match. I must say seeing all these scorecards is making me a little impatient for the ps4 patch lol............. Maybe i should start praying for the console patch :lol

Forgive the piss poor phone video (can't wait to get back to making proper videos on console!) but I wanted to share this example of the fun of bodyline bowling after this patch...

As with real bodyline there's big spaces in the field so inaccurate bowling is punished but get it right and they're in trouble!

Is there a drop in batsman's confidence when they get hit? If that's the case, it would be a pretty good tactic to bowl short :yes

Enjoyed the vid but for me, true bodyline bowling involves bowling around the wicket :p

That is, indeed a thrashing.
I've never fully understood the bowling feedback (and have it disabled). Does hitting 'Perfect' improve the chances of the batter making a mistake or getting a wicket? Or is it just saying that you get maximum pace or revs for the ball delivered? I sometimes deliberately reduce the revs (by not getting a full rotation) when bowling spin if it is turning too much and I want to bowl a little straighter...I've no idea if this is a sensible strategy or not as I've yet to deceive a batsman with this tactic. I use a steam controller and it works really well for spin. Bowling pace is a little trickier so I am nowhere near hitting 'Perfect' consistently, I would imagine. I find it so easy to bowl wide when bowling swinging deliveries...more tweaking to the controller config and more practice needed.
I'd disable it myself but I like to see I'm picking the right delivery. I will vary flight and bounce and I don't know if I could do that without the bowling hud.

I think the 'perfect' determines the level of speed for seamers, it'll reduce if you don't get it right. Not sure about spinners. It could be made a little clearer. I'd sooner see not getting it right result in wayward deliveries rather than just a speed reduction. Not vastly but a few degrees here or there. It feels too easy to bowl straight.

@BigAntStudios
I have noticed 3 bugs:-

1.) Whenever I bowl to AI at pace and bounce sometimes while not playing shots, ball hits their gloves or bat and they get caught in slips and this is happening very frequently causing them to dismissed below 150(Note:- I have increased pace and bounce to 80 and 60 respectively using game modifiers).
2.)Game crashing when I am trying to download teams from community and also game crashing after 1 or 2 hours of playing.
20170518042703_1-jpg.188869
20170518042659_1-jpg.188870
20170518042702_1-jpg.188871

This is how they are getting dismissed in slips while not playing shots.

Users who are viewing this thread