Steam update for DBC17 released

Having a blast with the patch in career mode. I hadn't noticed that the patches had been released, at first, but started seeing things that I hadn't seen before (e.g. edge off a hard defensive block spooning up to point for a catch). Just lost a 3 test series 2-1 in New Zealand, playing in for England, but it was fun all the way. A couple of dodgy pitches made it great fun to bowl spin on...really good turn and variable bounce...and I had men round the bat constantly. I started to get more value out of variation and from using more top spinners and sliders whereas before I'd bowled a much higher percentage of leg breaks and googlies because the other deliveries were generally ineffectual. Plenty of edges, bat-pads and playing and missing. Great stuff. Batting was tough using Pro Cam...but I seemed to be able to get a few more straight drives connecting for runs. Still a few things to put right in Patch 4 but, all in all, a great update. Thanks to BA (and the beta testers) for the crazy hours they are putting in to get this to be the game I always hoped it would be.

100% fixed in Patch 3
I can attest 100% to this still being in patch 3.

Playing Big Bash and Pakistan T20 league in career mode, I'd bowl 5 dot balls, mysteriously, the AI would always manag3e to hit the last ball for 4 or 6 no matter where I pitched it. If I gave away 1 run in the first 5 balls of an over, this wouldn't happen. True story.

PS4/Pro.

I can attest 100% to this still being in patch 3.

Playing Big Bash and Pakistan T20 league in career mode, I'd bowl 5 dot balls, mysteriously, the AI would always manag3e to hit the last ball for 4 or 6 no matter where I pitched it. If I gave away 1 run in the first 5 balls of an over, this wouldn't happen. True story.

PS4/Pro.

Yeah, I gotta say it didn't seem fixed to me. It's happening less though post patch 4.

What I want to ask from you here is that what you are saying is AI captain selecting the same squad for every match across all formats? Because I also feel this is the biggest bug! Your Team line-up remaining same for every match you play under AI captain.. This is boring and unrealistic
Yes I was referring to AI choosing lineups in career mode being the same for all formats...
Ex: For South Africa Team will not select any all rounders for test matches bowlers are Steyn, Morkel, Rabada, Philander. Which is fine and acceptable .
But this same lineup continues for ODI and T20 ... guess the 5th bowler who bowls in ODI and T20 it's none other than AB Devillers himself and F Bahrandein... how unrealistic it is:facepalm

Please report it as a bug in the "Steam bug reporting thread".
If still exists this is a major bug and I would say it's half fixed bug ... @BigAntStudios @MattW kindly fix it please!

Not outs are very big asset to the career average... in DBC 14 I used to score like 52*, 25, 17, 45, 109* in this case my average would be = 82
If you count this as OUT then it drops down to 49.6.

Again asking same question why can't be copied from DBC 14 since it's simple math and no graphics or enhancement required in this area.

@blockerdave There were a few unusual field sets across formats like one had mid off and deep mid off..Then mostly wrong set of fields for the time of match like slips and gully in 35th over for a settled batsman and when I was bowling the field was not accepting and every time I press back it Changes the field by itself..

@blockerdave There were a few unusual field sets across formats like one had mid off and deep mid off..Then mostly wrong set of fields for the time of match like slips and gully in 35th over for a settled batsman and when I was bowling the field was not accepting and every time I press back it Changes the field by itself..
Yeah I have come across this; I would set a leg gulley and he woukd end up at deep mid off behind mid off! It only happened after a certain part of the match... weird

If anyone can think of a pattern to it - ideally if it's something that happens after a particular point of a match, saving and resuming and seeing if it still occurs - and then if so, sending though that match save game.

It's a priority to track down and fix any issues with stats or fields not setting correctly.

If anyone can think of a pattern to it - ideally if it's something that happens after a particular point of a match, saving and resuming and seeing if it still occurs - and then if so, sending though that match save game.

It's a priority to track down and fix any issues with stats or fields not setting correctly.
There are two fields that when the filters 'Medium Form' and 'Prevent Boundaries' are used, PACE OD BAL 3 & 4, which both have all men in the circle. I'm fairly certain these are the fields that are being used by the AI.

Is there an AI field set with mid off and deep mid-off?

What format?[DOUBLEPOST=1493704209][/DOUBLEPOST]

Whenever it happened to me in the beta it came after using apply all

There are two fields that when the filters 'Medium Form' and 'Prevent Boundaries' are used, PACE OD BAL 3 & 4, which both have all men in the circle. I'm fairly certain these are the fields that are being used by the AI.

It's very useful if people can do this exercise - check the defaults for all formats and tactics and log any you think don't look appropriate. It's the only way to get them out of the AI repertoire

Thanks MattW ...
yes already stats issue is highlighted above with respect to batsman not outs... hope it will be addressed. Thanks a lot again.

It's very useful if people can do this exercise - check the defaults for all formats and tactics and log any you think don't look appropriate. It's the only way to get them out of the AI repertoire
@MattW

I don't know if it's possible with BETA testers or even using these incremental patches but it would be helpful to spot pattern if we knew which field the AI was using. Possibly it could show up with the 'Field Changed' pop up that appears.

Like @blockerdave said in a previous post it doesn't seem like a bug, the AI seems to select the right field, it's just that the fields available for selection are too varied in terms of what tactics are set. There does seem to be a pattern that when a new batsman comes in for the first ten balls of their innings the AI is more likely to have three men out.

I've just played out a game where I was chasing about 10 per over in the last five overs and there were frequently fields with three fielders out or on occasion two slips and a gully. I'm no expert, but if I was a captain I'd have five men out at all times.

As an aside I really think batting needs looking at in terms of power hitting. The AI seems to be able to hit big sixes at will, I struggle to get it over the infield. I know this could be down to timing etc, but it feels like the strength of batsmen is more limiting for me than the AI. Maybe the skills need to be looked at across the board or something tweaked so that it is easier to hit big shots.

Users who are viewing this thread