Steam update for DBC17 released

Certainly. There is a noticeable difference for me when batting now. Normal drives are dribbling to the inner circle. Yesterday, I was able to drive for fours. Now it seems the ball is attached to string to mid off and mid on. There seems to be zero power even if the is ball played perfectly. I cant quite put my finger on it... I immediately could tell the difference since last patch.

Is the pitch different from what you were playing yesterday or is it the same, the pitches do make a good difference esp crumbling cracked soft ones are tough to play.

The AI still doesn't spreads the field after power play a and hardly plays aggressively in end overs. Please fix this in upcoming patch @BigAntStudios

Played 100 overs so far (and props to BigAnt for fixing the crash I reported yesterday) and having batted I have noticed a discernible difference in batting for the better. Shots actually correlate to what I want to do so when I lose a wicket now it really feels like my fault and I've had none of those ridiculous hoik pull shots when trying to play straight to a spinner. Bonus.

One thing I have noticed that has been improved partially is the AI bowling choices in a first class match. Picking more than just the four bowlers and rotating them better. There is, however, still an issue with how the AI manages its bowlers towards the new ball. The first choice bowler bowled four overs before the new ball was taken and then just two overs into the new ball the spinner came on and bowled with it and this is not a spinners pitch.

Is choosing a host nation for tournaments and competitions being looked at? It may not be a massive feature but it really does give that authentic feel when playing tournaments and competitions.

I just had an over where I hit three fours, ran a 2 and for the last ball of the over the AI changed to two slips and a gully. This is a T20 in the 9th over.

Seven off the first two of the next over and it changes to a field with no men out. So there definitely seems that something needs to be tweaked.

Do mention it in the Bugs thread so Big Ant folks can take a look at the shorter format fields. A field with two slips and a gully in a T20, and that too once PP is over, is not something AI should be selecting.

IMO the following thread has pretty decent fields for T20 and shorter formats in general for all scenarios and maybe Big Ant team should take a look at those...

Field Placements. - (Planet)Cricket Academy on PlanetCricket Forums

Do mention it in the Bugs thread so Big Ant folks can take a look at the shorter format fields. A field with two slips and a gully in a T20, and that too once PP is over, is not something AI should be selecting.

IMO the following thread has pretty decent fields for T20 and shorter formats in general for all scenarios and maybe Big Ant team should take a look at those...

it's not a bug...

there are a number of fields set and the tactics they support. the AI chooses based on the tactic. some of these fields may either be the wrong tactic has been assigned or a few - having looked at them - i think the AI are perhaps not quite clever enough to use correctly so are better tweaked or removed.

people should certainly flag up any fields they think are inappropriate in any format asap so we can look at them and tweak them while we still have a chance, but don't report them as bugs.

Did you defend or drive to a gap before last ball.
I honestly can't remember.

I don't know if having created custom fields creates an issue because I have several of them. I don't know what others, who have no custom fields, are experiencing.

It seemed that it was mainly Medium pace and Spin bowlers that had either 2 or 3 out in the last ten. Even after I'd scored 50 off 5 overs in the middle of the innings. I think there was a fast bowler in the 12/13 and there were five out then. It took until the 17/18 over for Medium or Spin bowlers to get to five out.

I have created some of those fields and I'm fairly sure the AI does use some.

it's not a bug...

there are a number of fields set and the tactics they support. the AI chooses based on the tactic. some of these fields may either be the wrong tactic has been assigned or a few - having looked at them - i think the AI are perhaps not quite clever enough to use correctly so are better tweaked or removed.

people should certainly flag up any fields they think are inappropriate in any format asap so we can look at them and tweak them while we still have a chance, but don't report them as bugs.
I noticed, before these two recent patches, that when the AI uses custom fields I've added they seem to be more appropriate when the custom field has only 1 tactic assigned.

Can anybody comment on this bug , if this is still observed?

Any fixes in progress , if not then how many people want to get this bug fixed on priority? I copied this from bug reporting thread.

Does everybody feel this as priority like I do? Comments on this are appreciated ...thanks all !

Issue (one line description): Team lineups are same across all formats.
Bug description (detail): 1. I agree that system is auto generating the line ups for all team, but you cannot play with same playing XI across all formats under career mode.
2. My career player got international selection into England Team and I played so far with Bangladesh, India & Zimbabwe .
All three teams have same lineups across all formats.

This bug is a big disappointment in career mode please correct on priority.
Atleast can it have an option to decide auto lineup selection or not based on settings? As in DBC 14 what ever lineup we assign to the format it was used to pick up...seeing the same players through out the tournament across formats looks non realastic.
@BigAntStudios @MattW
Can anybody comment on this bug , if this is still observed?

Any fixes in progress , if not then how many people want to get this bug fixed on priority? I copied this from bug reporting thread.

Does everybody feel this as priority like I do? Comments on this are appreciated ...thanks all !

Issue (one line description): Team lineups are same across all formats.
Bug description (detail): 1. I agree that system is auto generating the line ups for all team, but you cannot play with same playing XI across all formats under career mode.
2. My career player got international selection into England Team and I played so far with Bangladesh, India & Zimbabwe .
All three teams have same lineups across all formats.

This bug is a big disappointment in career mode please correct on priority.
Atleast can it have an option to decide auto lineup selection or not based on settings? As in DBC 14 what ever lineup we assign to the format it was used to pick up...seeing the same players through out the tournament across formats looks non realastic.
@BigAntStudios @MattW
What I want to ask from you here is that what you are saying is AI captain selecting the same squad for every match across all formats? Because I also feel this is the biggest bug! Your Team line-up remaining same for every match you play under AI captain.. This is boring and unrealistic

Dunno![DOUBLEPOST=1493674618][/DOUBLEPOST]
img_7687-jpg.187174

Have to say I'm loving the game at the moment. Difficult pitch, Dry, Worn, Heavy Cracked and I'm digging it.

It's so so rewarding when you time one and it flies away. Some of the shots you can play now are so pleasing on the eye. Rocking back to a spinner and tickling it down to fine leg!

Can't tell you how many times I have nicked it but for it to end up producing runs!

Dunno![DOUBLEPOST=1493674618][/DOUBLEPOST]
img_7687-jpg.187174

Have to say I'm loving the game at the moment. Difficult pitch, Dry, Worn, Heavy Cracked and I'm digging it.

It's so so rewarding when you time one and it flies away. Some of the shots you can play now are so pleasing on the eye. Rocking back to a spinner and tickling it down to fine leg!

Can't tell you how many times I have nicked it but for it to end up producing runs!
But do the batsman's stats appear when he walks out to bat, or a bowler's when they start a new spell? (and are they updating and tracking?)

If you score the winning runs in your career then it does not count as a not out but instead counts as an out and if yu crossed your previous highest it doesnt count that either . This should probably be fixed , as a no 6 batsman in my career mode i usually score 15-20 runs max and remain not out but my average is 15 which is pretty harsh IMO .

If you score the winning runs in your career then it does not count as a not out but instead counts as an out and if yu crossed your previous highest it doesnt count that either . This should probably be fixed , as a no 6 batsman in my career mode i usually score 15-20 runs max and remain not out but my average is 15 which is pretty harsh IMO .

Please report it as a bug in the "Steam bug reporting thread".

Users who are viewing this thread