Steam update for DBC17 released

Could someone please let me know if the round robin number has been increased in competition designer and if there is info on tour progression in tour mode eg aus lead test series 2-1

Really good to see the improvements that have been made and looking forward for when it comes out on PS4. Was just wondering if any of the following have been sorted out:
1. Outfielders carrying ball over the rope when sliding
2. Have forward diving catches been added as these were originally shown in the trailer?
3. Has the logo download limit been removed?
4. Will the venues of the pre-existing tours change to the teams home venues instead of on-disk stadiums such, I.e. Aus tour of England 2019 isn't played at Lords or the oval but at on disc stadiums?
Thanks

Love the update.

I noticed though that my first class stats had me playing 13 matches but batting 53 times with an average of just on 20. So something not quite right there and it might be an artefact of continuing a career.

The only other thing that bugs me is the way the ball baloons off a leading edge, far more than it would IRL. I play one to leg and the ball ended up in the hands of third man.

Other than that, love the changes that have been made. Adding another layers of awesome-ness to what was already a fine game.[DOUBLEPOST=1493647625][/DOUBLEPOST]I should say the best bit was when I beat a batsman looking to play a shot off the backfoot (as a leg spinner).

Can someone confirm if they added simulation to the online gameplay in CO OP? Please big ant. Its just a small request.

Was a very favourable request when I requested for it earlier in the year, Would add a lot of depth to the online experience.
From personal experience, everyone I have played with prefers batting against the AI as a pair rather than bowl. Not only would a simulate option allow one to skip bowling and concentrate batting, it will add a lot of depth in MANY other ways. For example:

- You have the opportunity to experience what it is like to bat on a Day 4/5 pitch online. From my experience playing DBC14/17 online, this has never happened once (mainly due to the sheer amount of time it would take).

- You can experience many scenarios that we often see in Tests in real life - e.g. chasing a total/surviving in the final session of a game, trying to get the last few wickets to prevent a draw, etc etc. This will allow for more depth.

- For those instances where the AI win the toss and choose to bat first, you don't have to start a new game (if you prefer batting). For those who prefer bowling, you can enjoy it as you will have a goal to aim for once you reach the 2nd innings. The effect of wear/turn on the pitch can also be experienced.

First of all , Hats off to Bigantstudios for getting this patch out , in time , resulting in all the goodwill floating around . Great going !

Steam update for DBC17 released | Page 17 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

A few observations I made based on the above 10 over a- side match . (Still waiting for final feedback from the poster regarding some details , so I assumed it was a normal Player vs PC match and NOT an Online match.

1. The Keeper seems to stop most of the throws , I could only find (2) instances where he ignored the throws (Ball 0.3 & Ball 2.4) This is great to see , so seems just a little more tuning is needed to make him stop everything .
  2. The Bowler fielded all the throws , bar one . So same comments as the above
  3. The bowler and keeper does not dive towards/away from incoming throws (this is great , if we could now just get them to "break" the wickets instead of having to throw it from a half meter out that would be perfect .)
  4. I`ve seen one instance of the bowler facing away from the keeper but still managing to throw to him regardless.
  5. I saw the AI bowling , and it had 2 slips in the 9th over of a T10 match with most fielders still in the circle , with the opposition on 120 odd ...
Overall , the game looks to be much more polished , just a few questions that still needs answering :

• Does the fielders still slide with their feet over the rope whilst trying to stop the boundary ?
  • I could not see the result of a normal overthrow , where the fielder on the opposite side of the throw will move beyond the boundary and then wait for the ball to cross the boundary before fielding it. If anyone has footage of how this now plays out it would be appreciated.
  • During my playing the PS version , I made an observation that whenever there is two fielders remotely in line with each other , that the closer one will allways bail out and ignore the ball , resulting in most of the zombie like fielding in the inner ring . Has this been adressed ?
  • In the originial build of the game , there was an animation of a fielder diving forward towards an incoming ball in the outfield , this looked great as he was sliding over the grass with two outstretced hands , clasping the ball . After the first update this animation dissipeared from the game , is there any way to get it back in there ?
  • I could not see if the "tap back" animation was fixed , as this normally resulted 9/10 times that the fielder made the tap just too late as the ball rolled over the boundary , resulting in an 8 sometimes given as double punishment.
All of the above is in Online Mode as usual .

@HBK619 , @MattW , if you could look into this and let us know. I`m trying to help as far as I can , without owning a PC version of the Game .

Last edited:
Like I have said to yourself on occasions, I'd like the faint edges to be less audiable...

Did I see a deviation? That's the questions that lead to tense gameplay!

In Online , 9/10 times you dont hear any edge , and has to look at the deviation / gut feel .

Resulting in some okes appealing for anything that beats the bat , as they are never sure of anything .

Another small thing that could be bettered in the online environment if its possible to do.

Just bundles the Aussies out for 198 on Wearing old Cracked pitch at Durban. So many variations and exciting moments! Philander was untouchable.

Tailenders came in and we're edging onto pads and bottom edging into the dirt and all sorts! Here's a few highlights!

I was then welcomed to the crease with a snorter from Starc that flew for 6!!

I can also confirm rain animation is in there and I left the field for an hour and a half!

The stats issues actually still persist ! Different stats shown during match and outside the match (especially average) as it doesnt consider not outs sometimes . I have 4 not outs in my Career but my stats says 3 .

I played a T20 and here are my observations. I'm not gonna say what's good, bad (apart from my batting), wrong cause one game is difficult to judge but saying what happened might help BA if they are reading this thread.

It was Kent v Hampshire. I was made to bowl first and from the outset Hampshire gave me a mauling. They were 90/0 after 10 overs and finished on 175/2 after 20. I'm fairly certain this is the first time that an AI team has scored significantly above 150 and almost doubled their score after 10.

In the last ten there did seem to be more nudging for singles than really trying to go for big runs despite having wickets in hand

I did notice a bit of a trend, Carberry who is set as aggressive and scored 69 off 38 was consistently going for bigger shots. Likewise when George Bailey came in he smacked two boundaries off his first two balls and finished 17 off 6. He's also set as aggressive. Vince (balanced) got 55 off 51 and never seemed to change tempo, even when set. Rossouw (conservative) definitely seemed to be nudging and nurdling more but still hit some big shots and got 34 off 25.

On thing I noticed in a previous match was the AI fielder jumping on the boundary, tapping the ball back in when I expected it to be caught or have him watch it go over his head. My fielders didn't do this at similar opportunities. Also, my fielders will run and dive for spectacular catches sometimes, other times not, instead just trotting towards the ball when it lands. One fielder kicked the ball around at their feet whilst looking at as though they are were hypnotised by it.

Batting.

The most noticeable thing about batting, and one that always interests me, was the AI field settings. After this latest patch they changed the field almost every ball. In the Powerplay they did start with two men out which I've noticed they don't always do but kept swapping fielders around with no consistency other than not changing after a wicket was taken.

In terms of after the powerplay it's difficult to give a fair opinion of whether the field settings were determined by my progress (slow and losing wickets). There wasn't five men outside the circle until the 17th over. I was bowled out by the 18th so it didn't make much difference.
In the 9th over the AI started with no man outside the circle swapping to three men out, this was regardless of whether I had a new batsman or batsman scoring at 24 from 19 (I had lost two more wickets). At this point my inability to play spin has lost me four wickets in three overs and I’m 55 for 6 after 10.

115 all out after 18.

I was hopeless against spin and medium pace (although this is not new and I am playing on Hard instead of Medium). AI spinners were actually bowling a short pitched deliveries or at least the red circle was showing up.

Just bundles the Aussies out for 198 on Wearing old Cracked pitch at Durban. So many variations and exciting moments! Philander was untouchable.

Tailenders came in and we're edging onto pads and bottom edging into the dirt and all sorts! Here's a few highlights!

I was then welcomed to the crease with a snorter from Starc that flew for 6!!

I can also confirm rain animation is in there and I left the field for an hour and a half!

Now that brother is what is going to make me upgrade my Graphic Card.

I did notice a bit of a trend, Carberry who is set as aggressive and scored 69 off 38 was consistently going for bigger shots. Likewise when George Bailey came in he smacked two boundaries off his first two balls and finished 17 off 6. He's also set as aggressive. Vince (balanced) got 55 off 51 and never seemed to change tempo, even when set. Rossouw (conservative) definitely seemed to be nudging and nurdling more but still hit some big shots and got 34 off 25.

This is encouraging but I haven't seen anything of the sort with Bairstow (aggressive) now 42 (110), Stokes (aggressive) 15 (38) all playing at exactly the same tempo as Cook and Jennings (defensive). Granted I need to play a lot longer, but what difficulty level were you playing at? I am really gutted that despite all these other improvements I cannot see any change in my bugbear.

Last edited:
This is encouraging but I haven't seen anything of the sort with Bairstow (aggressive) now 42 (110), Stokes (aggressive) 15 (38) all playing at exactly the same tempo as Cook and Jennings (defensive). Granted I need to play a lot longer, but what difficulty level were you playing at? I am really gutted that despite all these other improvements I cannot see any change in my bugbear.
Pretty sure it was on pro.

The most noticeable thing about batting, and one that always interests me, was the AI field settings. After this latest patch they changed the field almost every ball. In the Powerplay they did start with two men out which I've noticed they don't always do but kept swapping fielders around with no consistency other than not changing after a wicket was taken.

In terms of after the powerplay it's difficult to give a fair opinion of whether the field settings were determined by my progress (slow and losing wickets). There wasn't five men outside the circle until the 17th over. I was bowled out by the 18th so it didn't make much difference.
In the 9th over the AI started with no man outside the circle swapping to three men out, this was regardless of whether I had a new batsman or batsman scoring at 24 from 19 (I had lost two more wickets).
At this point my inability to play spin has lost me four wickets in three overs and I’m 55 for 6 after 10.

Hope the AI field settings in shorter formats is fixed, especially the bold part. You would expect a fielding team in T20s to have 5 mean outside the circle after PP unless they are defending a very low total and have no option but to attack. But while defending a total like 175, you would expect the field to be spread.

Hope the AI field settings in shorter formats is fixed, especially the bold part. You would expect a fielding team in T20s to have 5 mean outside the circle after PP unless they are defending a very low total and have no option but to attack. But while defending a total like 175, you would expect the field to be spread.
It's tough to judge one game, especially when I'm 6 wickets down and needing 120 off the last ten. I'm just explaining it in case someone at BA reads it and thinks 'hmmm, that shouldn't be happening.'

It's tough to judge one game, especially when I'm 6 wickets down and needing 120 off the last ten. I'm just explaining it in case someone at BA reads it and thinks 'hmmm, that shouldn't be happening.'

If you need 120 off the last 10 overs, why would anyone bring the field in? Surely this is not a Test match where you have to pick 10 wkts in 10 overs to get the win. I would expect AI to push the field back knowing you will have to hit out to score those 120 runs in 10 overs and thus better chance of winning. This definitely needs to be looked at.

Users who are viewing this thread