Steam update for DBC17 released

very happy with the patch, playing a Test England - New Zealand, everything is great. Got an edge in the first over (short),
huge lbw appeal in the 4 (outside off-umpire's call), and a fantastic edge to gully in the 7 over (didnt carry).

The bounce on the pad is huge, very nice.
Have they fixed the stats

Gameplay is vastly improve mate. Even just the way the AI bat using both front and back foot and general shot selection alone makes it worth the wait.
Certainly I believe it.

But rather than the beta testers speaking for BA, an official announcement would have been the way to go. Other users can only see the patch notes and make their conclusions. It says console users will get the patch once approved. one can only conclude that patch has been submitted and is awaiting approval.

Nevertheless, looking out for some videos soon. :)

I'd speculate how many console users will feel the promise was kept, and think that a proper explanation would have gone a long way towards that.

This interim build is a huge positive - one of the last things that went in, literally today, is a range of new field sets for FC and ODI (t20 has been in the beta a while). In DBC14 the new field sets we put in at the patch weren't optimal in several cases but we didn't get enough time to play test and discover that before they closed the final patch. Opening these fields up to to PC players now will get them twatwd before they are submitted to console.

The move is positive, the handling is appalling.
Budget for PR...? Social media, they may have the intern doing it, maybe a kid...? Just thinking. Everyone will know when the patch is ready as everyone on here will say and it'll download on their consoles.

Certainly I believe it.

But rather than the beta testers speaking for BA, an official announcement would have been the way to go. Other users can only see the patch notes and make their conclusions. It says console users will get the patch once approved. one can only conclude that patch has been submitted and is awaiting approval.

Nevertheless, looking out for some videos soon. :)

Mate I'm not speaking for BA I was speaking for fellow forum members to avoid people getting hopes up of an imminent console patch.

You are right they should announce better than some notes at the bottom of the thing that could even be interpreted as saying console patch was submitted

Hey, someone with the patch let me know if players are still playing 2 games at the same time half way across the world during career mode?

I don't have access to my PC at the moment due to renovation issues, and I'm busy taking care of my little 2 week old boy :).

If they've fixed it I might find some time to set up temporarily and play a bit of career mode, if not I won't bother.

Anyone plz tell me if they have fixed the stats I no I can be a brat soz about that but very passionate about my cricket and just like to no things I see if u fire people u get the awnser that my way of doing thigs

I am still waiting for the patch as a PS4 PRO user.

PCs users kindly share the videos if possible with the fixes...most important would be the stats. The whole reason for playing careeer mode.

Hey, someone with the patch let me know if players are still playing 2 games at the same time half way across the world during career mode?

I don't have access to my PC at the moment due to renovation issues, and I'm busy taking care of my little 2 week old boy :).

If they've fixed it I might find some time to set up temporarily and play a bit of career mode, if not I won't bother.

Congrats. I haven't played career but I believe this was mentioned as fixed yes.

As the Steam notes state (there are three at the bottom of the patch release) -

NOTE: This is an interim build, updates will be released on a daily basis for the next few days.
NOTE: Online has been optimised however there are still issues that will be resolved over the next few days.
NOTE: Console patches are to be released once approved by the respective platform holders.

We wanted to get you guys the patch as soon as it was ready - our PR guy is working hard to get the information out to all the social media areas now.

Nothing better then seeing BA pull through. Hopefully by the time it comes it consoles it's all cleaned up.

Does anyone wanna give a breakdown what it's like now?

Users who are viewing this thread