Steam update for DBC17 released

I play on console , I dint get the patch yet.
I am currently playing medium difficulty.
I do not mean to sound rude in any way so please do not take it that way but you are causing a lot of confusion making comments about gameplay, field placings etc having not actually tried it. As beta testers we are trying to constantly look through the thread and give BA feedback but we sometimes find it difficult when comments come from someone that has not tried the patch yet.

@Bluebagger This kind of is meant to be rude so you may take it as so. You are definitely a troll of note. When there was nothing but good things throughout this thread your kept you mouth shut. Now that there is a small issue with field placings that were literally worked on for ages and needed testing (thus calling for incremental patches so it could be fixed) you make daft pathetic comments. Dude, if you have nothing positive to add, just tweak off seriously. We want a great game we can all enjoy and all you do is troll this site.

@grkarma I don't know how this one gets fixed. I ended up in a Super Over and the opposition had two fielders (I'm certain it was no more than 3) outside the circle for the entire over. This was not on today's patch but I'm guessing with a Super Over being a rare occurrence it may not have been picked up.

I do not mean to sound rude in any way so please do not take it that way but you are causing a lot of confusion making comments about gameplay, field placings etc having not actually tried it. As beta testers we are trying to constantly look through the thread and give BA feedback but we sometimes find it difficult when comments come from someone that has not tried the patch yet.

@Bluebagger This kind of is meant to be rude so you may take it as so. You are definitely a troll of note. When there was nothing but good things throughout this thread your kept you mouth shut. Now that there is a small issue with field placings that were literally worked on for ages and needed testing (thus calling for incremental patches so it could be fixed) you make daft pathetic comments. Dude, if you have nothing positive to add, just tweak off seriously. We want a great game we can all enjoy and all you do is troll this site.

I agree that I am commenting on this with out actually trying out the patch,but not based on any assumptions, what ever I posted I am stressing the bugs which are priority and reported by PC users themselves who has taken updates and played.
If you feel I have done wrong posting , sorry for that. My stress points are below three issues. As a beta tester if you feel this bugs are not there anymore I am more than happy.
Kindly let me know on this , thanks a lot.

1. Stats doesn't include not outs.
2. Lineups are same across same formats.
3. Batsman playing cross and getting bowled while you try to play at fineleg.

I assume same build will be patched to consoles after finalizing and what ever defects left out in pc will also be there in consoles.

I was trying to put some inputs which are priority for everyone.

I am also more interested to be tester as well like you for console...I don't know how can I.:spy
If it can be tested only on PCs let me know I will get one too on my steam account.

I would be very happy to give hands on feedback by doing beta testing rather than waiting for a build on console.

Last edited:
A new build just went live on steam, patch notes:

Revamped Broadcast Camera

Thank you for looking into the broadcast cam. I liked the new approach but it needs a bit more top view. Please look into this. Thank you for the patches :)

464850_20170502145956_1.png

for the above picture, it's very good at the start of the run-up but needed more aerial view :)

vlcsnap-2017-05-02-15h51m23s806.png

This view is good at this point. Old broadcast camera. :)

Great work on patches guys! Thank you!
Just wondering whether dynamic line-up is under consideration yet! One player retires, new player steps in. New players feature over the years. All great.

But, in career mode, for a season, same line-up is playing every format of the game, is kinda meh!

Any discussions going on up there about this?

Yeah the new broadcast cam is interesting, but I don't think it is particularly realistic. It shouldn't start from so low down and it shouldn't zoom in so much. When the striker hits a ball it suddenly changes to a new camera angle which is strange as well (although this was the case right the way through).

I think the general problem with the broadcast camera has been too much movement.

Thank you for looking into the broadcast cam. I liked the new approach but it needs a bit more top view. Please look into this. Thank you for the patches :)

View attachment 187193

for the above picture, it's very good at the start of the run-up but needed more aerial view :)

View attachment 187195

Correct bro. And this more like a far umpire cam. Need more aerial view for broadcast cam.

A new build just went live on steam, patch notes:

Revamped Broadcast Camera

Matt Sir,

Batting Broadcast camera:-

Please bring back the earlier batting broadcast camera in addition to this revamped one...

Finding it difficult to adapt with the revamped camera...with the extremely low angle behind the bowler & then flying at a higher angle as the bowler is about to bowl... It is as same as the Bowling Far/close camera...

It makes the vision feel disoriented after playing for a while with so much zooming in & out..
The earlier batting broadcast cam was at the perfect height and had minimum & gradual (ideal) zooming making it v comfortable to judge the speed & decide the shots accordingly.. It was same like in DBC 14...

the earlier batting broadcast camera was as good as real...

The revamped one isn't bad at all, just that its height is too low than before, not finding it comfortable at all...I had to stop the game & comback here...

All those using the broadcast camera like me would agree with me that the earlier one was better..

Running / Fielding Broadcast camera:-

In my sincere opinion, The "running broadcast camera" is the one that needs a real tweak to make it more realistic...

It currently is like a spider cam going on either side of the wicket...
It breaks the continuity of the vision (from angle behind the bowler to suddenly behind the batsman) when the spider cam goes behind the batsman in thirdman region when the ball is hit on the on side or straight...

Its perfect when its at long on or long off for shots in the third-man region or sometimes even in those straight drives..because it makes easy for the eyes when batting & running camera from same angle doesn't break the continuity of the vision...

But best for it would be to have it at a zone behind the bowler ( as in real TV broadcast) & it would track the ball from there wherever it is hit, either on or off side as the case.

I would kindly & humbly request you to bring back the earlier camera as Broadcast 1 as an option in addition to this revamped one as Broadcast 2 and if possible tweak the "current running broadcast camera" in the straight region behind the bowler at the same height as it is now...

Hope you reintroduce it since I found it v uncomfortable & unusual after playing with that broadcast camera ever since DBC 14
days
Thank you in advance....

Last edited:
Agreed re. Broadcast cam, too much movement, needs to be more stable. I already feel dizzy after having to check out the field after every ball.

Does anyone know whether the foot marks made in the pitch are functional or only cosmetic? If I hit a footmark with a spinner will it vary the movement more than usual?

View attachment 187193

View attachment 187195

Absolutely true...
You took my words...cheers

The revamped view is as same as the bowling far view...

hope they bring back the old batting broadcast cam...since the height, zoom & movement were so bang on perfect...

I have tried to convey the same through my post above...Hope they look into it...

I believe the camera is great. It needs to be little high up at the beginning. Else, view of footwork is getting blocked by umpire's head! And then it can zoom in more focusing the batsman but less than what is happening now.

In line of what, @Langeveldt has mentioned, the seamless(almost) connection between broadcast and running cam can be established by setting running cam to "fielding 2" or "batting far".

I believe the camera is great. It needs to be little high up at the beginning. Else, view of footwork is getting blocked by umpire's head! And then it can zoom in more focusing the batsman but less than what is happening now.

In line of what, @Langeveldt has mentioned, the seamless(almost) connection between broadcast and running cam can be established by setting running cam to "fielding 2" or "batting far".

True, also the cut to the keeper also distracts a bit. It can be a continuation.

agree with @HELL_rAiseR and @Langeveldt the start the camera needs to move up a bit but love the screen when bowling and batting. I always use Broadcast when playing. If BA could sort out the seamless transition when moving to running and fielding that would be great. It was fine in DBC14. The problem at the moment on PS4 is when the camera changes to running or fielding the camera is too high and can be confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread