Steam update for DBC17 released

To be serious, I think the people at Big Ant are doing an amazing job at trawling through this thread. You only have to look at the change list posted each day. A vote would be good but at least with this thread there can be better explanations of problems. Even if it is clogged up with me parroting on about T20 fields or dynamic lineups being mentioned every other post.

Yeah hats off to them. We also forget it is by far the most difficult sport to simulate. Think how easy it is to make a golf game or a soccer game compared with a cricket game.

I am going to go into some testing, with some different mentalities, and see if I can get some different agression shown by the AI batsmen, and some bowled's and LBW's.

I would suggest you to play 3-4 tournaments and observe it and check if it's remains same.
Even in real for 5 matches straight teams may not change...
I don't know if you have tested this way.
I understood that it is partially fixed with being different lineups across 3 formats
Ohky man! I will definitely try that and tell you guys what is happening

Yeah hats off to them. We also forget it is by far the most difficult sport to simulate. Think how easy it is to make a golf game or a soccer game compared with a cricket game.
I've thought this a lot, the amount of complexities involved in cricket is probably why most of us love it. BA can't win really. All the good stuff in the game just makes people want more.

I've thought this a lot, the amount of complexities involved in cricket is probably why most of us love it. BA can't win really. All the good stuff in the game just makes people want more.

They are pretty close. I mean the cricket looks and feels like cricket should. I think it's a question of getting attributes and tactics down to a T whilst allowing for the different abilities and play styles of the players. Not an easy task.

Ohky man! I will definitely try that and tell you guys what is happening
Thanks mate ...Just see after you take update and have played 5-7 Tests 10-15 ODI 10-15 T20s
In real we will notice atleast 1 change in different formats usually teams do...
If this remains same for all those matches in each format ... then it's definitely a bug to be addressed @MattW @BigAntStudios @mikeymerren

Last edited:
All the good stuff in the game just makes people want more.
Spot on! And I guess BA knows an iteration is down the line in 2-3 years. From a business perspective, they just won't keep adding stuff. Only the adjuscent issues to be addressed and that's how it should be.

This is a sad truth, I have stated this before but not as much as dynamic lineups (the guy with the male period) but, these games (DBC 14 and DBC17) are long term projects and will be released and then improved upon over time. And they have and are, does that males sense...?

Also let's face it the longevity of DBC 17 is huge there isn't anything else out there, really.

This is a sad truth, I have stated this before but not as much as dynamic lineups (the guy with the male period) but, these games (DBC 14 and DBC17) are long term projects and will be released and then improved upon over time. And they have and are, does that males sense...?

Also let's face it the longevity of DBC 17 is huge there isn't anything else out there, really.

I hope a lesson is learned though, start from what you already have rather than trying to make a new game every time. They are not going to be seen as people who just have the same old tired formula like in call of duty, because there is nothing else out there in cricket gaming to be honest.

Thanks mate ...Just see after you take update and have played 5-7 Tests 10-15 ODI 10-15 T20s
In real we will notice atleast 1 change in different formats usually teams do...
If this remains same for all those matches in each format ... then it's definitely a bug to be addressed @MattW @BigAntStudios @mikeymerren
Surely you have earnt a ban now? Fudge me what a numbtwat

I hope a lesson is learned though, start from what you already have rather than trying to make a new game every time. They are not going to be seen as people who just have the same old tired formula like in call of duty, because there is nothing else out there in cricket gaming to be honest.
Never play gun games but I think they had a vision to try and do things differently, hats off though.

Just a quick note, I am getting some awful graphical stuttering with this new build, and there are no settings left for me to turn down. I have a gaming rig with some beefy specs.

EDIT - Alt tabbing seems to have sorted it. Weird

Users who are viewing this thread