Steam update for DBC17 released

I'd be willing to test out the online aspect of the game with people but I've genuinely never used it before so won't be able to comment on any improvements the patch has brought.

The nick onto the heel between the legs is a little too often for my liking as well.....we are such a fickle bunch though....must drive BA nuts :p

Haha! Well I can tell from the effort so far that they're as big a fans of the game as us, so I bet they're equally as keen to absolutely nail that realistic cricket feeling. The fact that we're so close that we're basically only a few small tweaks away from reaching that point is both kind of frustrating and extremely exciting. :clap

mate - tomorrow let's try. im on a shit machine and wifi only... if it works for me it'll work for anyone :)[DOUBLEPOST=1493933672][/DOUBLEPOST]who has bowled on today's update? any thoughts on edges??? mine have dried up.

I did mate. Got plenty of edges on Pro. Got England out for around 150 or so. 7 wickets for the spinners and 3 for the Fast Bowlers.

By the way, have you modified any sliders? Because while playing as India I found the bounce to be pretty low with the ball not carrying to the Wicket Keeper almost 70% of the times. Of course no such issue with the spinners.

Yeah I am at the stage where I can see the end in sight, getting a varied game of cricket in any pitch condition, skill level and mentality is incredibly tough, but I think we are down to small tweaks now.

I
Can anyone confirm post patch, if I delete a custom stadium, will it delete all the associated logos with it? I'm on pc and it doesn't look like it did. Require some attention here if possible!

In addition, will it be possible to overwrite the existing stadiums and thus the logos? I've downloaded RCB with Chinnaswamy stadium and then downloaded India with another Chinnaswamy, resulting two copies of the same ground. If this can be tweaked, it'll be a great help towards optimisation!

Thank you!
Can anyone confirm post patch, if I delete a custom stadium, will it delete all the associated logos with it? I'm on pc and it doesn't look like it did. Require some attention here if possible!

In addition, will it be possible to overwrite the existing stadiums and thus the logos? I've downloaded RCB with Chinnaswamy stadium and then downloaded India with another Chinnaswamy, resulting two copies of the same ground. If this can be tweaked, it'll be a great help towards optimisation!

Thank you!
If it did that you would lose all the same logos that are associated with other stadiums as different stadiums may use the same logo

mate - tomorrow let's try. im on a shit machine and wifi only... if it works for me it'll work for anyone :)[DOUBLEPOST=1493933672][/DOUBLEPOST]who has bowled on today's update? any thoughts on edges??? mine have dried up.
Bowled 30 overs. Had five or six edges. Two beauts straight to gully, one for four through 3rd slip and gully. It was a cloudy afternoon at Headingley on a green top which might help.

What some people think game development should be like:
images

How this game would turn out if BA listened to them:
the-homer-inline4.jpg

That's Ross in the tuxedo :lol

Thanks for the updates BA. I got few problems while playing casual matches. I choosen Kandy stadium for the Sri Lanka domestic game but instead Wellington park selected by AI.

can anyone who has the latest update can check and tell if sliding the bat on the crease is fixed specially when u cancel the run and the batsman try to return the crease without sliding the bat on the crease and hold his bat above his waist which cause runouts

Its just very frustrating , when I have a fully functional 30 Man Online Pro20 League on the PS4 , all ready willing and able to assist in any way to get their game better , but now we must pin our hopes on the (2) PC guys so far to "Test" the online side of the Game .

So many Questions still unanswered (leaving out the issues brought up in my previous post above that was pointed out by the (2) Gentlemen already) :

1. Can we now hear edges all the Time
  2. After a disconnect , will the Logo`s stay intact , as well as both players Pre-set fields , or will the sender of the save file be the only one with everything correct on his side .
  3. Is the Glitchyness surrounding the Batsmen around the crease area sorted (They would randomly set of on a run , either going all out with no means of cancelling them , or do a quick in out yes no manuevre.
  4. Is the Name Censored issue resolved , we have tried all "Solves" to no avail.
  5. The Agressive 3rd Man Guide Shot that changes into a reverse Agressive Sweep ? Has this been corrected , or is it there by design
  6. Can we actually now have the Fielders Slide and cut off boundaries , instead of going over the Rope , can fielders in the inner ring actually dive and stop balls a la DBC14 ?

An old post of mine for reference :
Don Bradman 17 PC Now Available - General Discussion | Page 37 - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

These bugs r still there, I think big ant r working on it. Hope so.

Have to say that the patches have been incredible.

Last night I got the perfect legspinners dismissal which I've never seen before. Pitch on middle and leg, spun, caught the edge of the bat (batsman was defending) and was pouched by the keeper. I'm sorry I don't record, not because I'd like to show you guys but because I want to keep replaying it again and again.

But nothing is perfect. While the batpad nick has been a great inclusion, too many batsman go out driving balls onto their pads. And yes, it would be nice to see more hit wicket dismissals but I'm bowling spin so I can't really complain.

Batting is wonderful. Except for the leading edge that lobs to third man I have confidence in my shot selection actually being represented on the screen. When I get out it's mostly because I've made a stupid mistake.

The field placings seem to be getting better every patch. I'm making a point of not changing the fields when I'm bowling but going with what the AI has chosen and for the most part I'm OK with it.

Anyway loving what I'm seeing.

And yes, it would be awesome if the batting order was changed etc... but even if this wasn't "fixed" beyond what we have I'm a very happy camper.

With so many things to b looked at, it's long and hard work for big ant ahead. And thus will take time.
I would like all bugs , request to b looked at.

So a msg to all console gamers just wait the results will b good.

My current area of investigation and concerns are the following,

. All online bugs
. AI field sets ( would like to submit some)
. Sight screen issues when playing on
Pro cam with no HUD ( this makes the red ball cricket totally unplayable , so the career)
. Early batting timing on pro cam

I used to be the most active player in DBC14, but unfortunately, this time I am unable to get any time to play DBC17 to test the bugs myself. SO I have posted the below post in our DBC17 Steam Facebook group, and we are hopeful we will get more feedback from PC players soon.

script>

Last edited:
Just curious, is local co-op being covered under beta testing? Or is it just too niche for this relatively time bound effort?

If yes, I would like to know if batsmen not responding to run/cancel calls from one of the controllers fixed? And oh, the one where strike gets changed after a stumping attempt - is that fixed as well?

Users who are viewing this thread