Steam update for DBC17 released

For everyone playing on consoles and facing overthrow issue (It may work on PC too)
There's a temporary fix
Just tap the throwing button once and the fielder/wk will always gather it.

I'm embedding a video, watch the second innings.

If the fielder is placed in the deep point and the deep cover and the ball is bowled at the outside off stump then most of the AI batsmen are being caught there. The AI batsman can not hit the six over the offside or they are not playing different shots even in LEGEND difficulty.There is no power in their shot.....

Iv hardly posted between the reems of rubbish being spoken.

AI don't hit the last ball for a boundary. They haven't for ages.

Unless your having a shocker it shouldn't happen to you either.
I have found though if you bowl the same ball over and over they do smash you eventually. When mixing it up as a bowler they are tentative.

There were quite a few times I was testing variation of deviation by bowling the same line and length and they pick it up eventually and smash it. This however is cricket.

Maybe you guys could do something with "shotforce" slider, i almost have to hit Ideal to get something of the shot, where early timing gets me no where. Maybe it should have more impact even with the Timing, "Early, Ideal or Late". Thank you for updating the game!

I know one match doesn't tell everything but I've attached a breakdown of the AI fielding in the second T20 I've played on today's patch (the first was reduced overs cause of rain). I promise it was purely coincidence that I got my second highest score and I'm not showing off. This was batting and bowling on hard, difficult on Veteran. Excuse the bad grammer or spilling I was writing as playing.

Powerplay is almost always two men out until the 6th over.

Couple of notes on fields.

There’s a field I’ve seen for a field (leg spinner) that has a deep mid off and deep forward mid wicket - huge gap between - seems like a wide on would be more appropriate

There five men out field with three in the circle on the offside needs, in my opinion to have the forward point moved to backward point (or even deep backward point and the deep third man brought into the circle) anything short or wide and can be smashed through the gap.

Attachments

• t20 match.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 106
I have just quit after another Brute player blockathon (Buttler 5 (32)) after Jennings played a most dynamic innings. (Unfortunately my game crashed when I got the screenshot of him getting bowled so he resumed and started smashing it everywhere).

I am wondering whether it has anything to do with me playing on Pro? I will try a match on Veteran and see if I can get the results everyone else is seeing. I use the same field settings for everyone.

It was a great clean bowled though, so that clearly works. Whether I see one in Veteran mode, well we will see.

@blockerdave what difficulty were you on when you saw those encouraging results in the Aussie rebel tour team?

Last edited:
Ok I played the new update tonight. I'm currently in career purgatory fed a diet of T20 horror games at club level.
I've noticed that the AI spin bowlers are now bowling lots.... did I say LOTS of short pitched balls, something I've never seen before in DBC17. The result is what feels like a 300% increase in Caught and bowled's. Really not realistic.

Also I noticed a bug where the non-striker (my player) refuses to return to the crease and allows the fielder to throw at the stumps. This has happened twice to me and luckily for two misses. When a player pushes the RED button the player should ALWAYS return to the safety of the crease.

Also can anything be done to introduce 40 over games into CLUB HELL for those of us that simply hate the T20 games and are prepared to play longer at club level. As a rule I always take about three full seasons to get a opportunity to play a higher level. Perhaps a choice of all T20 as is now OR a choice of a combination T20 and 40 Over games. PLEASE

For powerplay isnt that the rule,
  • During the first six overs, a maximum of two fielders can be outside the 30-yard circle (this is known as the powerplay).

Chek all T20 pp fields for empty long off region.

Also can anything be done to introduce 40 over games into CLUB HELL for those of us that simply hate the T20 games and are prepared to play longer at club level. As a rule I always take about three full seasons to get a opportunity to play a higher level. Perhaps a choice of all T20 as is now OR a choice of a combination T20 and 40 Over games. PLEASE

Haha yes agreed. I play nearly all my club cricket at 40 overs and think T20 cricket isn't even cricket. Maybe they could introduce a mode for people like me before we die out?

Haha yes agreed. I play nearly all my club cricket at 40 overs and think T20 cricket isn't even cricket. Maybe they could introduce a mode for people like me before we die out?
Yeah 40 over mode must be there.. Why not add all the modes at club level.. 40 over, t20 and 4-day matches.. We wont mind that at all as we all would love to be fully equipped and experienced in all formats before entering domestic level and also i believe that wont be too hard to put in.. As the domestic matches have all formats.. So that just need to be copied at club level..

Yeah 40 over mode must be there.. Why not add all the modes at club level.. 40 over, t20 and 4-day matches.. We wont mind that at all as we all would love to be fully equipped and experienced in all formats before entering domestic level and also i believe that wont be too hard to put in.. As the domestic matches have all formats.. So that just need to be copied at club level..
Surely club cricket on 'that' level should be two days??? Is this something we feel is needed.

Surely club cricket on 'that' level should be two days??? Is this something we feel is needed.
Yeah 2 days is good too.. I mean in india for what duration harris shield matches take place.. Anybody knows.? Its should be like that.. Yeah this change would be wholly appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread