Steam update for DBC17 released

Anybody noticing some improvements of any type in career dynamic lineup selections?

Would it be possible to extend the amount of time we can see the Match Reviews like Big Line or Big Pitch as the disappear before you can actually look at them properly. Also possibly add the option of looking at the Big Lines from different angles

More boring stuff about field settings from the AI. Please skip if you don't care.

I've discovered a field setting called 'Pace Inner Ring'. It kept popping up in an ODI and I've seen it in a T20 and it was really bugging me. The tactic is 'balanced' and match type 'any form'. It feels so out of place in an ODI and definitely in a T20 (other than maybe defending 1 run in the last over.)

From looking at the fields in the editor and my experience of playing matches it seems that more often than not 'Balanced' fields are being used. This is whether you are scoring at 10 an over or 6. I know field settings are largely a matter of opinion but these Balanced fields predominantly have 3 men outside the circle. In T20s this feels far too attacking and for the most part it does ODI even between 11-40 overs. There's no real problem with the fields but it creates a huge imbalance when from the end of a powerplay you can put four or five men out but the AI is picking fields with three.

I really think the 'Balanced' fields need to be changed or how a 'Balanced' situation is determined in the T20 and One Day matches is altered. OR please let us edit\delete them ourselves.

Good stuff mate.

Please comment on any fields that don't seem right for any format or tactics.

Assume the AI won't get smarter in how they use the fields so we need the fields to be appropriate for a very generic format + tactic.

Good stuff mate.

Please comment on any fields that don't seem right for any format or tactics.

Assume the AI won't get smarter in how they use the fields so we need the fields to be appropriate for a very generic format + tactic.

It would get more clear if we get to know what all fields are AI using for a particular format...
Like are the pace T20 Bal fields also used for a pro 40 or a odi?
..are Pace T20 attk fields also used in powerplay in a T20 game?

We can may b reduce the total no. preset field set used by AI, and let the user create his own with similar names.

It would get more clear if we get to know what all fields are AI using for a particular format...
Like are the pace T20 Bal fields also used for a pro 40 or a odi?
..are Pace T20 attk fields also used in powerplay in a T20 game?

We can may b reduce the total no. preset field set used by AI, and let the user create his own with similar names.

i am pretty sure:
  • "short form" = t20 or shorter.
  • "medium form" = list a/odi or any limited overs > t20.
  • "long form" = any FC match.

Some fields to b looked at

Pace T20 Bal 3-

4th slip +gully + third man, to many in a single region

Pace T20 Bal 1-
2nd 4th slip + gully, in a T20 . Not needed

Rest all of the Pace T20 Bal fields needs atleast 1 in the deep square leg region as it's easy scoring there.

"Lofted Shots square on either side of the wkt are easier to play than in the V.

-0 player in all the pace od pp fields on the leg side boundary.

Last edited:
If you increase the ball speed (there's a slider for it I think) does it still make the speed (km/h) inhumanly fast? I made it a bit quicker to give it a more lively feeling (that plus increased pitch bounce made it extremely fun to play vs pace bowlers) however when Broad bowled 190 it was a little annoying.

Hello Bigant,

I am not sure why long sleeves uniform variation bug is being overlooked? Have you ever seen Cristiano Ronaldo CR7 or even Usman Khawaja playing with short sleeves shirt?

Also, 80% Cricket in England and New Zealand is played under the cloudy conditions. Why the importance of coludy and overcast conditions is not being considered?

Duke ball seams vs Kookaburra ball doesn't... why it was not added in the game?

Hello Bigant,

I am not sure why long sleeves uniform variation bug is being overlooked? Have you ever seen Cristiano Ronaldo CR7 or even Usman Khawaja playing with short sleeves shirt?

Also, 80% Cricket in England and New Zealand is played under the cloudy conditions. Why the importance of coludy and overcast conditions is not being considered?

203180-usman-khawaja.jpg

Hello Bigant,

Cristiano Ronaldo isn't he a golfer...?

As for rain I think BA stated they wanted more play than sitting around so not sure about that.

I would urge bigant to play cricket heroes that game apart from graphics and animations has nearly got real cricket feeling spot on. The bowl physics is extremely accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread