Story Stick Cricket Cup [Stick Cricket]

MWaugh said:
thread title changed as per request
Thank you!!

ZoraxDoom said:
Hehehe. Your playing the two player Who against?
Lol, playing against the game AI actually. I bat for both teams and the AI bowls for both. I run my anti-virus while I'm playing so the game pauses at crucial moments and I lose a wicket or two, otherwise I'd never lose a wicket. :D

England vs Zimbabwe

Welcome to the Headingly stadium where the second ODI of the Stick Cricket Cup will be held between Zimbabwe and the on fire England team, who have been considered one of the favorites in this tournament.

Zimbabwe have won the toss and captain Taibu has decided to bat first. Zimbabwe are the underdogs in this match, especially after losing their most experienced bowler Heath Streak, who announced his retirement yesterday.

Matsikenyeri and Taylor headed towards the pitch expecting hair raising attacks from the English, which is exactly what they got. Even though Zimbabwe lost Taylor early in the inning, Sibanda and Matsikenyeri were able to put Zimbabwe in a surprisingly good position by forming a solid 90 run partnership between them. The Zimbabwe team was looking in good shape until Collingwood bowled his two spells of doom and left their batting line-up paralyzed by taking 5 wickets after giving up just 31 runs. He was able to oust literally every batsman that was looking dangerous to England with the exception of Taibu who who was caught behind on Lewis's bowling.

Prior to departing, Taibu made some good efforts and dragged Zimbabwe's score high enough to pose a bit of a challenge for the English batsmen. Zimbabwe wrapped up the inning at 212/7.

Attachments

• zimb.jpg
    zimb.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 53
Trescothick century sinks Zimbabwe

Trescothick and Strauss stepped on to the crease and started sending the ball over the ropes from the get go. With their accurate timing they were able to form an awesome partnership of 119 runs in just 20 overs with Trescothick reaching his century in no time at all. After a quick change in bowling England lost both of their openers in rapid succession, but the match was already in England's pocket. Collingwood showed exactly why he's such an asset to England's line-up once again by scoring a calm and relaxed half-century and ensuring a convincing win against Zimbabwe.

England won the match by 8 wickets and with 6 overs left.

Attachments

• eng.jpg
    eng.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 58
Man of the Match and the points table (This is my 1000th post)

Man of the Match

Despite Trescothick's century, this was actually a no-brainer. The man who dominated Zimbabwe with both the bat and the ball, took a 5-wicket haul and scored a careful 50, Paul Collingwood, deservingly got the Man of the Match award.

51468.jpg

Points Table

Here is the points table for the SC Cup after the second ODI between England and Zimbabwe.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Machanperu Bala said:
Stick cricket is fun! Bugger still I can't hit a run off the spinners!

I also used to have that problem. Watch your timing. You just wait a bit longer, and watch the ball onto the bat; and you can hit 6's (rarely, but I have hit 3 consecutive sixs off Hogg, followed by 2 4's; and an almost 4)

nightprowler10 said:
Just press enter when the bowler is ready to bowl and the AI will bowl a random delivery.
Ahh. You use that.

nightprowler10 said:
Try practicing against them. I once hit 30 off of Matthews.
*Cough* 34 *cough* :)

Users who are viewing this thread