Story Story Forums - Feedback/Suggestions

Where can we improve? ( Your feedback is IMPORTANT to US )

• Total voters

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Even though the other game stories has no activity, is kind of serves as a gateway to the other leagues and the mafia games, like this used to to the cricket leagues section. I just think that it makes more sense to keep the other stuff separate from the cricket stuff, but that's just me, it wouldn't really bother me if they got merged.
This is basically my view. I think if anything would be merged it would probably be the Other Leagues being folded back into the Other Stories section, rather than mixing cricket and non-cricket stuff.

Though I suppose the other aspect is to think about the difference between a league and a story - I wonder how many users are put off putting effort into narrative structure when that would mean posting in a less active story section rather than the leagues one?

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
posting in a less active story section rather than the leagues one?

Actually people love cricket leagues more then cricket stories , but I think most of the members take intrest in other leagues because there are many cricket leagues being simulated by experience , rather experience or not will surely interest in any other league beyond other leagues , many if the upcoming newbies don't show interest .

About the sections, well its good to make every thing seperate from cricket as this is Planet Cricket :p , but also we should respect other sports too along football and cricket ,

About Sotry and Leagues , many of this forum members don't start a story instead they start a league and then leve it alone and also mods don't close them , but never ever in Plant Cricket's history other story is/was created , as there is no other story section like for WWE or Football .

harrisb

International Coach
Pallu i think Matt was referring to the other stories/leagues forums being merged. Not the cricket leagues/stories being merged.

I dont mind if they aren't merged, but had the idea after looking at the FIFA Career Mode forums (which acts as a story forum). There are a couple of stories in there about other sports but they get the activity because it's in a popular forum instead of a less active forum tucked away.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I dont mind if they aren't merged, but had the idea after looking at the FIFA Career Mode forums (which acts as a story forum). There are a couple of stories in there about other sports but they get the activity because it's in a popular forum instead of a less active forum tucked away.
I suppose that from my perspective, I don't particularly care if the other games stories/leagues are active - it's not the goal to increase non-cricket activity - except for the extent that it would increase interest in the cricket section, so if having non-cricket stories active in the cricket stories section would encourage more cricket stories, then that's a good thing.

but never ever in Plant Cricket's history other story is/was created , as there is no other story section like for WWE or Football .
Huh? The Other Stories forum has hundreds of stories in it, just none are active at the moment.

and also mods don't close them
If threads aren't active, they just fall away if users don't post in them, there is no need to close things just for not being active.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Sad to see this part of the forum dead. I came here wanting to read a few good stories only to find that the last post prior to this one was posted on 22nd April! :eek:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes, sad to see that stories section is not active anymore. :( Probably with release of cricket 14, we could see some stories starting as well. Well, I just came here after long time and straight to story forums. Miss you guys all and really those days of story writing days were classy.

Hoping to read some stories after cricket 14 release. Take care.:cheers

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
Yes, sad to see that stories section is not active anymore. :( Probably with release of cricket 14, we could see some stories starting as well. Well, I just came here after long time and straight to story forums. Miss you guys all and really those days of story writing days were classy.

Hoping to read some stories after cricket 14 release. Take care.:cheers

Suren bhai, a very warm welcome. It really is nice to see you here once again. And unfortunately since you and Gamer's departure the Story Forums has not re-grouped and produced quality stories. I and all of the PlanetCricket community miss you dearly man.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Just my Feedback as a Writer.
For me i keep having Problem with My Computer. Consistently losing My save game. keep forgetting to back it up.

was Planning to Continue my Last Story PC journey in Cricket Coach.
But the Time is needed. to keep up in the presentation. like My presentation isn't consistent. which is the fact due to the Time needed.
Still up to Today, I am still interesting in Making Stories.

Yea i may not be the best story writer out there though.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Do not worry, everyone who seriously commits or have interests in writing up a story, without a doubt are best!

Regarding the time - this is one of the major challenges for all of us, probably considering that this forum has now got 0 stories going, weekly once or 2 weeks once might be a good choice to choose. It might slowly start reviving the times where we have been the best on this forums as well. I am ready to support as a reader. :)

Regarding the problem in computer, you might also try backing up the saved games. Just an idea.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Do not worry, everyone who seriously commits or have interests in writing up a story, without a doubt are best!

Regarding the time - this is one of the major challenges for all of us, probably considering that this forum has now got 0 stories going, weekly once or 2 weeks once might be a good choice to choose. It might slowly start reviving the times where we have been the best on this forums as well. I am ready to support as a reader. :)

Regarding the problem in computer, you might also try backing up the saved games. Just an idea.

:D yep. May have to start using dropbox lol.

Yeah May start Back. My Story Soon.

may not be the thread to talk bout this , but.
Just got to Come up with some Ideas.
got 3 on my mind, 2 of My most Long and success story. Gloucester story (ICC) , PC journey to Test status (Cricket Coach). Or just may do a West Indies Story. and Now I am Finally getting Realistic Score in Ashes 2009, Buuuut a new Cricket is around the corner sooo. but the first 3 may think about it using ICC or Cricket Coach.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Sim that we use really doesn't matter, if you have a storyline & decent enough presentation making it readable. :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread