Stroke files - Edge probability and AI shot selection

izzznet

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

2 questions:

1) Does anyone know the relation between the Edge probability and the CPU's / AI's shot selection. For example if the edge probabilty (in the BLC Stroke editor is set to 0 for Normal shots and 0 for 6 hits, does this make the AI more likely to use that shot?

2) Does anyone know which of the .rot and .atr files are the 6-hit sweep shot?
In the BLC stroke editor it says that a-Cc024.Rot and a-Cc024.atr are the 6 hit sweep shot, but these are also the files quoted for the Straight Drive (which is actually correct) -- so which .rot and .atr files control the 6 hit sweep?

Thanks in advance, any help much appreciated.

I.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all,

2 questions:

1) Does anyone know the relation between the Edge probability and the CPU's / AI's shot selection. For example if the edge probabilty (in the BLC Stroke editor is set to 0 for Normal shots and 0 for 6 hits, does this make the AI more likely to use that shot?

2) Does anyone know which of the .rot and .atr files are the 6-hit sweep shot?
In the BLC stroke editor it says that a-Cc024.Rot and a-Cc024.atr are the 6 hit sweep shot, but these are also the files quoted for the Straight Drive (which is actually correct) -- so which .rot and .atr files control the 6 hit sweep?

Thanks in advance, any help much appreciated.

I.

1. No, edge probability is just that, how likely are you to edge the ball playing that stroke (Whether playing a normal or 6 hit shot). How likely the AI is to use that shot is determined by the reward values and the ballbatsman, ballstump and balllength values

2. No idea - would need to load game up again and check - hopefully someone else can help

izzznet

School Cricketer
Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you tell me where the "ballbatsman, ballstump and balllength values" are stored?

Thanks again.

I.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's in the *.atr files- just open in notepad.

Boss did a tutorial for Cricket 2004 which explains all these settings for you ! Do a search to find it

izzznet

School Cricketer
Thanks! I used to have this tutorial but couldn't remember what it was called and couldn't find it. I'm assuming:

StumpPosition = ballstump
BatsmanPosition = ballbatsman
PitchPosition = balllength

I.

Users who are viewing this thread