Strongest team in the history of cricket

Which is/was the strongest team ever?

• Total voters
My vote is for current Aussie team + steve waugh + M.Waugh
closely followed by Bradman`s Invincibles
I would rate current aussie team more highly bcoz :
1.) I did not have the pleasure of seeing the invincibles play (like most of us,i guess) :rolleyes:
2.) They had very few teams playing Intl cricket at that time
3.) No player at that time was scrutinized with video analysis or tech stuff like that which is now very common and every team has a computer analyst .
Player`s weaknesses are now very quickly spotted .
4.) There was not that much pressure on the players at that times due to no T.V coverage , cricket was not as commercial a sport as today and hence lesser pressure .
5.)Less cricket ws played unlike today where at least 40 Odi s and 8 to 12 test matches are played by most teams and hence no issue of player burnouts and fitness in those days
Note : Its very very difficult to compare teams of 2 different eras , moreso when there is a gap of about 6 decades when they played !
:p

but i do wonder about the person who voted for the English team...coz they were never the strongest - not even in that first test match played in 1877...they've always been at best the second best...or perhaps for that brief period of 1932 ashes they did achieve the Best status...did you vote for Douglas Jardine's team?

yeah shahid - most probably the batsman was Stan Macabe(spelling???)...and i think its the familiarity with the Lloyd's Windies team that makes us think that they were quite invincible...coz we have been able to see their feats - even if in highlights but still...and perhaps the statement they were trying to make by playing that ultra aggressive brand of cricket against the colonial powers that had ruled them for years...but still i do think that England, SA and the almost completely white windies team of the late 30's and 40's must have been more than handful on account of the conditions enumerated above...thats why I went with the Invincibles...

sachinisgod said:
but still i do think that England, SA and the almost completely white windies team of the late 30's and 40's must have been more than handful on account of the conditions enumerated above...thats why I went with the Invincibles...
Agreed, but by the same token, wouldnt that just mean that the batsmen of that era were much more skilled than today's batters, but the bowlers of that era were good only because they had so much help from the elements? So if those batsmen played today they would be better, but those bowlers would be carted around the park? Still makes it difficult for us to compare the whole teams.

zimrahil said:
:boxing... or maybe I need...... :help

no you are right...its the late nights, I am off to :sleep with my :love or is that just :upray ???
Dude....cut down on the smilies..........

ZoraxDoom said:
Dude....cut down on the smilies..........

:eek: well I am admin so......................................Nope ! :D

Who says power doesn't corrupt? A blatant abuse of power. :p
Where are those checks and balances when you need them?
:cool: :D :rolleyes: :D

Neither did I see those Windies, but are you talking about the current English team?

i am sure u meant "plus"...or were the Waughs doing any harm to the aussie team? :p

Steve Waugh and Mark Waugh were two of Australia's greatest batsmen in the modern era. Mark Waugh's stats didn't do him justice, he was a far better play than they show. And Steve Waugh, he just kept on fighting even when it was a lost cause thinking they could still win

Users who are viewing this thread