Struggling for motivation

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm struggling to find the motivation to do my homework.

Today, at around 9am, I said I would do my Art, Maths and English. Now, it's 3:05pm and I haven't touched any of it. How can I get motivated to actually do the work?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
You can't. You'll only do the work if you really want to do it, or if you are afraid of the consequences if you don't do it. Apart from that, nothing will motivate you.

Fear and Passion are the two biggest motivators in life...if you have neither then you won't be motivated.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
lol I need motivation for everything. To get out of bed in the morning, to get out of the shower and into the freezing cold, to do my school work, to do my homework. I never find the motivation. It won't come. You just gotta force yourself to do it.

Sureshot

Executive member
And if you want the forums from within, then eat your laptop.

--------

Motivation is a stickler for me, got a piece of coursework that is about 5 weeks outstanding. I keep saying to myself it's holding up two jobs (I have a 70-hr week ahead of me from one job, alone) which is what is stopping me from doing it. I do find spare time, but I just want to chill. I think my tutors wouldn't be too fussed though, they are more lenient with mature students.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You won't find motivation to do something as boring as school work, thats why you don't bother with it. Just get a Trade, that eliminates the need to study.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Doesn't sound like you're in year 12 yet...believe me, once you get to year 12, you will need every ounce of motivation you can get. When I went through my HSC, I could never motivate myself. Was good enough to get into Uni luckily after literally bludging a whole year. Better to start getting into a study shape now and adapt it to your future years.

Work before year 11 & 12 is quite simple, I'd force myself to do it.

D

Deleted member 11215

Those who dont do homework either become millionaires or get eaten by bed monsters. You willing to take that risk?

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
The mods will ban you if you like.

I know what you mean though. I was meant to do a bit of work today and then go for a heavy workout but I sat watching golf for 3 hours, too late to do work so just worked out.

coolz_hari

International Coach
My studies went very well for almost 2 months .After that we got inter university cricket tournament that created a big gap.I am unable to study well though exams are ahead .

This is the word that one of my friend said to me " I am afraid that i am not studying well .I am unable to feel my enjoyment completely . I am afraid that I have to compromise in my life"

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Doesn't sound like you're in year 12 yet...believe me, once you get to year 12, you will need every ounce of motivation you can get. When I went through my HSC, I could never motivate myself. Was good enough to get into Uni luckily after literally bludging a whole year. Better to start getting into a study shape now and adapt it to your future years.

Work before year 11 & 12 is quite simple, I'd force myself to do it.

I was the same I didn't really work at all in School. NCEA is such a joke most of my credits came from teachers giving to me. Anyway in year 13 I actually worked because I wanted to go to Uni and it all worked out. Although I still leave everything to the last minute, it makes it more exciting.

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Ever tried rewarding yourself??? Put some reward on the homework of a particular subject. Like , if i do maths HW i would get to play Call of duty for half an hour or some cookies. Like this when you have finished your homework you would feel bad while playing games. You would feel like you have earned it.:D

Hitterman

International Coach
I'm struggling to find the motivation to do my homework.

Today, at around 9am, I said I would do my Art, Maths and English. Now, it's 3:05pm and I haven't touched any of it. How can I get motivated to actually do the work?
Just cut the wires of your Internet, and tell your mom to hide the CPU. :p

Seriously, you are the only one to motivate yourself. Just think of your future deeply. I am sure you'll be able to decide what you should do.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
If you want more inspiring motions in a weird way, I've probably done literally everything the day before its due. Even during my HSC, I wouldn't study till the night before, even after a whole year of doing little to nothing! Got around 70 UAI but I did subjects which I could do well in without trying.

Best to choose a career path you'll enjoy and can work towards. If you want to become a doctor you'll obviously have to work harder. I chose a Sports field, and I bludge like there's no tomorrow because I can.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
'Work now or perish later'.

If you don't do the work now, it's going to bite you in the ass later.

Users who are viewing this thread