Struggling for motivation

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Shravi, it's not all about money.

Yeah, I understand that but you can't be just exceeding minimum wage. I mean, I'm fine with it if I don't become a millionaire but my aim is to make $100k+. If I were to have a family, I would feel pretty guilty if I was the breadwinner and they had to live off my little salary. I get what you're saying about it not being only about the money but I want to be able to buy what I want and dream of, not only what I need. Just as it's not only about the money, there's more to it than just your job as well.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, I understand that but you can't be just exceeding minimum wage. I mean, I'm fine with it if I don't become a millionaire but my aim is to make $100k+. If I were to have a family, I would feel pretty guilty if I was the breadwinner and they had to live off my little salary. I get what you're saying about it not being only about the money but I want to be able to buy what I want and dream of, not only what I need. Just as it's not only about the money, there's more to it than just your job as well.

I'd disagree. If I have a job I absolutely hated I wouldn't be happy. Regardless of how much money I was on. Of course if I could make enough to retire after a couple of years, I'd stick it out and move on to something I enjoyed, do volunteer work with my time etc.

But to be stuck in a job I despised for 10+ years, simply to be able to buy the latest gadget? No thanks.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I'd disagree. If I have a job I absolutely hated I wouldn't be happy. Regardless of how much money I was on. Of course if I could make enough to retire after a couple of years, I'd stick it out and move on to something I enjoyed, do volunteer work with my time etc.

But to be stuck in a job I despised for 10+ years, simply to be able to buy the latest gadget? No thanks.

I didn't say I'd do a job I despised. If I don't do a job I like, I'll do a job I'll 'settle' for. You're just twisting my words now.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't say I'd do a job I despised. If I don't do a job I like, I'll do a job I'll 'settle' for. You're just twisting my words now.

I didn't mean to imply that you did say that.

In "Island" by Aldous Huxley the protagonist is given the option of doing something as a part of his job he deplored, but it would buy his "freedom for a year" only a fairly minor aspect of the novel, but interesting nonetheless.

karnog

International Cricketer
Don't be such a soft c o c k and do the work. Only boys with small willies are scared of doing work. Be a man and face it. Not good enough? Cop it. Because its life. There's no ifs and buts. "If you had studied" and "but if i started it earlier" doesn't exist. Do it or don't do it. Simple. Grab life by the balls and you'll be suprised how life crumbles to your feet.

Radaga

International Coach
ive got a few solutions i use around exam time. they all involve women and alcohol though; and occasionally foods such as honey and maple syrup. not sure if they can be discussed here haha.

Users who are viewing this thread