Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A thought that came to mind whilst reading James Anderson's latest biography as he was talking about opening the bowling, it would be good if we could choose which end we start the match/innings from. Also would be good if we could pick which wicket we play on.

JOB123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
For me something that needs to be in the game is a wobble seam ball as a lot of wickets are taken with this delivery and if could replace the bouncer as that option is uneeded as u could select a short ball anyway.

Another cool thing to have would be animations for the batsman getting squared up or blocking out a yorker it would make the whole game feel more realistic

Chris Lickley

County Cricketer
Northern Superchargers
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So is what the score layout is currently.
screenshot.cricket-19.853x480.2019-07-11.4.jpg

Something that I would like to see changed/added to it for Test/First class matches is that it displays the previous innings scores, which could possible be displayed below where the team logo's are. Also possibly show whether the innings in progress was enforced as a Follow on.

As for limited overs matches it could display a graphic showing the comparison of the scores during the run chase. For example: AUS were 123/2 after 13 overs ENG are 128/4 after 13 overs.
Adding to this I would to like to see an indicator that stays on screen next to score when it's the power play in the one day and T20's game's.

Thinking about the academy the ability to create umpire uniforms so you could have different uniforms for each format/tournament.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
this might be a little ambitious but an option for the game to record an ai vs ai match and give the option of downloading it to your pc or viewing it as a file in game would be great to encourage more content creators to play the game and would be great to have for the casual player.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This is for batting animations and I am really fussy about how they look as regardless of whatever futuristic level AI physics they have what we see is all graphical representation of it so it definitely needs to be shown in a realistic manner in regards to impact off the bat, ball travel and ball physics when bowling..

I think that for every shot there should be animations for Defense, Dab , Push, Drive, Chip, Slog and advanced shot..

Defense : Where the intention of the batsman is to cover the ball from not going anywhere without the intention of a run.. So this will be a hard block..

Dab : This would be a shot where the batsman's intention is to simply touch the ball and run so the animation difference from defense would be that the player would be touching the ball with the forward movement with the intention to run.. He will start the run as he dabs it..

Push: For this the animation would be to just show the face of the bat covering the line of the ball , so this is supposed to not get much travel when it doesnt hit the right part of the bat to the travel where it can reach the boundary.. So for this allocating impact points for every point of the bat is really important..

Drive : Drive as we all know is for the shot where the batsman is confident of the line of the ball and plays a shot with full flow of the bat.. This can be a risky shot when confidence is lower with the high risk of edges..

Chip : Now this shot is the extension of the push shot so its a show of the face of the bat but with intention to go in the air but trying it to play in the gap..

Slog : This would be the extension of the drive where you hit it with the intention to go for the big one..

Advanced Shot : For this I would like 2 versions of it which I will explain in the further part of the post..

Now onto the part on the control system for this:

*Defense, Drive and slog are part of the normal system which we are used to playing with is R2 for defense , Both sticks for normal drive and L2 for slog..

*Now for advanced shot when you are under normal mode the shot animation would be combination of advancing down + the combination of slog animation..

Now for the other shots my point is to create a R1 toggle Mode :

*Making R1 to assign new mode of shots which would include a toggle mode on pressing it once..

*In this Dab animation with the intention to run would be the defense trigger R2..

*Push would be the normal drive combination under this R1 toggle mode..

*Chip would be the L2 shot under the toggle mode..

*Under this toggle mode for advanced shots its going to be combination of advancing down + chip shot animation..

Now for Backfoot part of shots :

*Backfoot shots will also have its own version of defense, dab , push and Drive..

*There needs to be backfoot shots where the shots are played off the horizontal bat where the shots such as slashing hard from forward point to third man region becomes possible..

*For bouncers shots like dab to third man then upper cut with bat facing the sky where the intention is to use the pace of the delivery and go big..

*We could also have vertical backfoot shots under the toggle mode incase the confidence isnt higher to pull early in the innings.. So with this you limit your scoring ability but survival meter increases as the intention is to keep the ball down with its collection of dab , push..

Now onto the Leave/Padding mechanism :

*High time we get leaves where footwork matters that your footwork determines the way you leave the ball.. This would also influence your confidence as a confident leave means you are aware of line of the delivery so you get the feel of comfort in the crease..

*Padding for spin would just be similar to the leave mechanism with the footwork having a role but the bat would stay behind the batsman and wont come down for a bat pad..

I hope things I have mentioned makes sense.. Sorry for the long post.. I strongly feel the need for great set of animations which big ant could take forward for future iterations as well..

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just some things on stadium creator. I think on the whole you can still do good enough job.

It'd be nice to have more assets added, some new backdrops, a grassy bank with people on it. Colour the roof would be good too, although you don't necessarily see it in matches.

A few other things:

Option to have grounds of similar shapes to the licensed stadiums. Would be nice to be able to have a slightly more unusual shape.

Also, during a match, occasionally having the dimensions pop up would be good. If it's necessary, I do feel like one of the boundaries when playing in the Lord's stadium is shorter and I think it's Coff's Harbour that is a lot longer than it is wide. Would be good information to have if you're looking to play big shots.

Might nice to add multiple field logos, two at the bowling ends and maybe some at the sides.

View attachment 231719

One frustrating thing is getting a proper wrapped set of stands. Try as I might I can't get the stands to connect and wrap around a ground. There always seem to be a gap needed somewhere. It might be good to have some template grounds that have perhaps been altered, if necessary, ready build with the wrapped stands. Or adjust the models or find a way to automate how stands are done - maybe we could 'draw' the shape of a stand and choose the size. I'm not sure.

View attachment 231720

Being able to choose a different outer section, either dirt, concrete or something like that would be good.
View attachment 231721
One thing that I would like to add to this is that we definitely need the 'sub continental cages', which are in place to stop spectators from getting to the the playing field. They are the most unique (though they aren't aesthetically pleasing) part of any sub continental stadium.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Give ability to play custom matches or tournaments as a player similarly like in career mode.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Spending 15ish hours on gameplay, I realize (like most people here) that, while the batting experience is just there and we are mostly focused on smooth, varying shot animations, I believe unless BA doesn't develop a true physics engine (which I believe isn't the case as of yet, correct me if mistaken), we'd be far from a solid, well grounded cricketing experience and keep relying on odd fixes/patches/sliders/etc. To make the games work well (in terms of gameplay experience).

So, ironically what I'd like to see for BigAnt is to go back to the drawing board, with all the good things they have done using the current set of code/tools/scripts, and systemically convert it into a true physics based engine for realistic Batting and Bowling Experience.

Offcourse the biggest challenge would be to also model the A.I to play as per that engine so that an organic, fluid gameplay is possible. I.e. chances are created naturally because A.I's bat position wasn't proper, or the bowl was moving away etc. And these sort of skillset related to timing, shot selection and majorly, bat movement, concentration/judging the ball can be baked into Individual ratings.

Offcourse that'd require probably an extended set of testing based on all the various combination and innumerable chances of bugs, however I do think that'd be a really great, forward looking cricket game in terms of gameplay.

And I do feel, even in terms of BigAnt as a "business", having partnered with Ashes and launched a decent title (albeit buggy), it's not "really" now a "small niche studio which hasn't produced a cricket game yet". And I do feel we as fans do have this 2013-era mentality maybe. BigAnt itself and us as Fans of cricket games should expect more from this experience and the game itself. It'd be a win-win for fans and the business I guess.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Sorry for multiple top-ups, anyone else who wants BA to take the direction of The Art of Cricket (TAOC) for physics engine :P I still remember the alpha it felt soooo great!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Sorry for multiple top-ups, anyone else who wants BA to take the direction of The Art of Cricket (TAOC) for physics engine :P I still remember the alpha it felt soooo great!
That definitely was one game I really wanted the full version to come out.. But still that wont come in hands with big ant as that game also had arcadic controls but the physics off the bat felt a lot better and ball travel did too.. I dont know whether getting such a great feel of the bat hitting the ball and the ball doing its own physics rather than the game totally being dependent on an unreliable timing system.. I know other factors come in too but you dont see a mistimed shot going for 4 other than an edge but I would like it to be such a way the ball went for a boundary because it connected the sweet spot right in the middle.. There's also the thing of fielding magnets thing happening, which has been reduced in this but isnt anywhere close to where we would like..

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
The catching issues at boundary line needs to be fixed. Many times fielder catches the ball standing out of the boundary line even though they can easily catch it from inside.

Also ground fielding at the boundary needs to be improved. They need to make good fielders slide at the boundary.

Sahil70

Club Captain
The catching issues at boundary line needs to be fixed. Many times fielder catches the ball standing out of the boundary line even though they can easily catch it from inside.

Also ground fielding at the boundary needs to be improved. They need to make good fielders slide at the boundary.

The whole fielding component needs a massive improvement .

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India

Yeah like Sahil said fielding needs a ground up revamp in the game.. Not something to pick and patch..

Users who are viewing this thread