Suitable Players for Pakistan Team

?ssassin

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think Younus khan and Mohammed Yousuf can't play anymore they are getting old and we saw them how they played in all matches against Aussies.
Misbah is very confident player he deserves a chance to play for Pakistan ones again and he should also be tried as a captain.
Since Afridi got banned for 2 matches they should call misbah for T20 match and make him captain.

Younus Khan didn't batted well in any match here is his score in all the ODI's

1st match 46 :clap
2nd match 0 :eek:
3rd match 12 :doh
4th match 6 :doh
5th match 3 :doh
:mad:

Mohammed Yousuf

1st match 2 :eek:
2nd 58 :clap
3rd 11 :doh
4th 10 :doh
5th match ( KICKED OUT :laugh )

As far as Salman butt concerned he got 3 ducks in 5 matches:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
It's not like Misbah faired any better, plus what is he 35 now? His international career should be over.

Edit: BKB, just curious but have you seen Yasin bat before? I just noted the fact he's played for the Pakistan under 19 team before (so he must have pedigree) and he's racked up more 100's then anyone else in the domestic scene this season.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Giving Misbah the captaincy is a huge step backwards. Have to look to the future, otherwise might as well tell Saeed Anwar and Javed Miandad to pad up.

?ssassin

School Cricketer
It's not like Misbah faired any better, plus what is he 35 now? His international career should be over.

lol Sannat Jayasuria played cricket until he was 40+ misbah is only 35 yet so he also deserves to play 5 years more for Pakistan.
He is old but better than yousuf and younus seriously

stereotype

Club Cricketer
Younis had no match fitness coming into the series and Yousef seemed to let the captaincy affect his batting. If Younis can get the players onside he is the best candidate until one of the young guys comes through.

P

pcfan123

lol Sannat Jayasuria played cricket until he was 40+ misbah is only 35 yet so he also deserves to play 5 years more for Pakistan.

What makes him deserve to play 5 more years? He is a below average test batsman.

The second bold statement is just stupid. :facepalm

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

Um, no and no. He has a test average of 35, how is he better then the other two?

stereotype

Club Cricketer
Yeah Mohammed Yousef is one of the best batsmen of the decade, Younis another one of the few Pakistan batsmen with a temperament to play a good long innings. Those two regardless of whether they are captain should be role models for the rest of the side.

rofijee

Banned
Odi team
1.imran farhat
2.imran nazir
3.kamran akmal
4.shoaib malik
5.umar akmal
6.fawad alam
7.abdul razzaq
8.shahid afridi
9.mohammad amir
10.mohammad asif
11.saeed ajmal

(m.yusuf, younis khan, misbah-ul-haq, umar gul, rana naveed, salman butt should be out)

test team
1.salman butt
2.mohammad hafeez
3.younis khan
4.mohammad yusuf
5.umar akmal
6.fawad alam
7.kamran akmal
8.mohammad amir
9.mohammad asif
10.danish kaneria
11.?????????????????

Harishan

Club Cricketer
Pakistan are really in need of a good leader at the moment. Yousuf really lead the Pakistan team quite poorly during the test series and the 'claims' that he made about his side certainly weren't something you'd want to hear from the current captain of the side, seriously. The least he could have done was actually give his side some kind of support and set a good example for the younger guys in the side.

I was thinking maybe Afridi would be the man to step up and lead from the front but after his 'ball tampering' incident I've just about lost all respect I could possibly have for him and I'm sure a lot of Pakistani cricket fans have.

Looking back at their performances against Australia in both the test and ODI series, in some of the matches they looked deadset appauling, surely they aren't that bad of a team? They've got enough talent in their lineup to be a strong side but at the moment they just don't have that player who leads from the front and has a positive attitude no matter what the situation is.

stereotype

Club Cricketer
They need a good leader a lot higher up than just the captain of the side.

Owzat

International Coach
The only players that deserve to keep their spots IMO are
Younis Khan
M Yousuf

I looked disbelievingly at the thread-starters' list, I think those two as probably the best and certainly more experienced batsmen have to be included. While the batting has been frail, a lack of experience won't make it any more robust.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I think Younus khan and Mohammed Yousuf can't play anymore they are getting old and we saw them how they played in all matches against Aussies.
Misbah is very confident player he deserves a chance to play for Pakistan ones again and he should also be tried as a captain.

Didnt you just say that Younis and Yousuf dont deserve a spot because they are getting old but they you say that Misbah deserves a shot and he is older then both of them.

Dont make much sense.

Users who are viewing this thread